Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 22, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #26
blakestree
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 498019
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Savannah, GA USA
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Premium

Default

Man, this just happened to me yesterday. Patti LaBelle's Banana Pudding from Walmart. All I can say is, FUNK YOU PATTI LABELLE!



Oh, and btw, boiled is the best way to eat a peanut. Also, if they are not cooked for hours until mushy, then they were made by an amateur. Try them Cajun style, too!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blakestree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #27
Integra96
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 64196
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2010 Family Sedan

Default

Coconut water with mango. I never buy this **** but I was le thirsty and it was on clearance for $0.99. Now I know why. The flavor was something like lightly sweetened and diluted scented hand soap.
Integra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:35 AM   #28
missnexa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 116754
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Vegas
Vehicle:
2017 outback
rice

Default

Chicken tikka masala at a Chinese restaurant in Austria.

It was basically fried chicken with sweet whipped cream on top
missnexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #29
parker
Member Status: Member
 
Member#: 46241
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Shallow Fields, Stanton
Vehicle:
- Can I get
a wayo

Default

Curry sauced chicken, at a Chinese restaurant in Austria.

I think, it checks out...

I didn't expect to enjoy my first taste of shrimp, It was worse than I expected. Only the finest of bottom feeders for me, pls.
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:08 AM   #30
etothen
Ethon
 
Member#: 221885
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portlandia
Vehicle:
2050 Ivory Tower
Ivory...duh

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
Kale was gross until I incorporated it into mashed potatoes. Chop it fine, then boil it for 12ish minutes in some salted water and drain it. Then add them to the taters you've prepped in the meantime for simmering (don't boil potatoes for mashing; just simmer in well salted water, barely covered). Make sure you've added a few garlic cloves to the potatoes for that 15 to 20 minute simmer. Drain. Mash/smash everything with as much butter and milk as you feel necessary. Don't try for perfect smoothness; it's horse**** and not needed.

You cannot taste the kale at all, but you've increased the vitamin and mineral content of your previously useless mashed taters (from a nutritional standpoint) about a 1000%.
Why not just mashed potatoes and eat a multivitamin once a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai View Post
Kale makes me feel super bloated. Colon bugs don't like that ****.

I like the taste of many of the Bai drinks but am allergic to several of them despite not having apples as an explicit ingredient. Didn't have to bust out the Epipen but did not feel good, nope.
Eww, sounds rough, I on the other hand for whatever reason like the coconut bai, generally watered down to about 50% and I am not even a fan of coconut.

Go figure?

Also "Hi Parker (waves)", I think it is just you and me today?
etothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:35 AM   #31
parker
Member Status: Member
 
Member#: 46241
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Shallow Fields, Stanton
Vehicle:
- Can I get
a wayo

Default

All is quiet on the western front...



parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:37 AM   #32
Kiwi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 67942
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: I come from the Land DownUnder
Vehicle:
The Other
Land Down Under

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker View Post
Curry sauced chicken, at a Chinese restaurant in Austria.

I think, it checks out...

I didn't expect to enjoy my first taste of shrimp, It was worse than I expected. Only the finest of bottom feeders for me, pls.
How or why were you expecting that to be good!??

Fkit. Was trying to quote nexa
Kiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #33
El Wray
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303030
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: CA
Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Default

Not bought, luckily.

Cantaloupe ice water. Why?

Lime, lemon, cucumber, mint: fantastic. Cantaloupe? No. Just no.
El Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #34
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Not sure if it counts as on the whim but I was at Mastros in Malibu about a month ago and had veal on the bone, tasted like absolute ****. Veal cutlets are amazing but the veal on the bone? Solid pass.

Escargot. The flavor is amazing but the texture of how rubbery it was, was not pleasant.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:09 PM   #35
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
Kale was gross until I incorporated it into mashed potatoes. Chop it fine, then boil it for 12ish minutes in some salted water and drain it. Then add them to the taters you've prepped in the meantime for simmering (don't boil potatoes for mashing; just simmer in well salted water, barely covered). Make sure you've added a few garlic cloves to the potatoes for that 15 to 20 minute simmer. Drain. Mash/smash everything with as much butter and milk as you feel necessary. Don't try for perfect smoothness; it's horse**** and not needed.

You cannot taste the kale at all, but you've increased the vitamin and mineral content of your previously useless mashed taters (from a nutritional standpoint) about a 1000%.
this is 2/3 of a really good dutch meal called boerenkool.

make some sausage to go with it and you're there.

https://www.holland.com/global/touri...nkool-kale.htm

when I was a kid I hated it when my dad put it on the table, but have grown to like it a lot as an adult.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #36
markman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 93623
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brian Fellow's Safari Planet
Default

https://i.imgur.com/5GihbZh.jpg

These weren't "bad", but at least 3 hipsters had recommended them to me as the best thing since craft beard wax...

So I bought 3 different flavors and tried them. They taste exactly the same as a sugar-free Rockstar (which isn't really all that great either); bang is perhaps even slightly worse tasting.

Slap the word "unicorn" anything and millennials will lose their **** to get it.
markman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #37
07Wagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152718
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Huntsville, AL
Vehicle:
2019 GTI
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Not sure if it counts as on the whim but I was at Mastros in Malibu about a month ago and had veal on the bone, tasted like absolute ****. Veal cutlets are amazing but the veal on the bone? Solid pass.

Escargot. The flavor is amazing but the texture of how rubbery it was, was not pleasant.
Did you complain about the veal or just suck it up as a bad choice?
07Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #38
Thumper23
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11571
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Park City, UT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
Not sure if it counts as on the whim but I was at Mastros in Malibu about a month ago and had veal on the bone, tasted like absolute ****. Veal cutlets are amazing but the veal on the bone? Solid pass.

Escargot. The flavor is amazing but the texture of how rubbery it was, was not pleasant.


You have not eaten a properly prepared veal shank
Thumper23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #39
godfather2112
Papi Chulo
Moderator
 
Member#: 53794
Join Date: Jan 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Boner kill city
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Wagon View Post
Did you complain about the veal or just suck it up as a bad choice?
I just sucked it up and ate it and made a mental note to not order it again. The only thing Iíll complain and send back is a Manhattan, especially if it has more expensive bourbon in it. I hate when they add a ton of vermouth and make it disgustingly sweet. All I need is maybe half a cap full added, not an ounce or half ounce. The margin markup on booze is so insane that I donít feel bad and life is too short to drink bad booze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper23 View Post
You have not eaten a properly prepared veal shank
This is probably accurate. I think it was my first veal in over 10 years.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #40
El Wray
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303030
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: CA
Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman View Post
https://i.imgur.com/5GihbZh.jpg

These weren't "bad", but at least 3 hipsters had recommended them to me as the best thing since craft beard wax...

So I bought 3 different flavors and tried them. They taste exactly the same as a sugar-free Rockstar (which isn't really all that great either); bang is perhaps even slightly worse tasting.

Slap the word "unicorn" anything and millennials will lose their **** to get it.
My nephew raged about it a few months ago and decided to give it a try. I actually work out a lot and already supplement with BCAAs, so the 0 calories and preworkout aspect of it intrigued me. Agreed with you though.

Oddly enough I have one of their "Keto Coffee" flavors in the fridge right now. I usually keep a Monster Java or two in the fridge in case of emergencies but the store was out last time i went so had to get something. Have not tried it yet. Will see how it goes.
El Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #41
kgb4187
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 35824
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderpaw View Post

Give me roasted or at least raw
Why not both?
kgb4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #42
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Straight outta Shompton
Vehicle:
2017 Wind-up car
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman View Post
https://i.imgur.com/5GihbZh.jpg

These weren't "bad", but at least 3 hipsters had recommended them to me as the best thing since craft beard wax...

So I bought 3 different flavors and tried them. They taste exactly the same as a sugar-free Rockstar (which isn't really all that great either); bang is perhaps even slightly worse tasting.

Slap the word "unicorn" anything and millennials will lose their **** to get it.
Bang can eat a bag of dicks

We had a couple of their "product experts" (hot chicks) stop in the bike shop a few months ago and they loaded up our mini fridge. I made the mistake of drinking the one I'll ever try on an empty stomach. My stomach was still ****ed up the next morning

... But I did get a laugh out of their disclaimer at the bottom of the can.

"If you have ANY medical condition or take ANY prescription drug, you should not drink Bang". Doesn't leave much to interpretation
Furiousd1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #43
wildnuts
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 19967
Join Date: Jun 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Herndon, VA
Vehicle:
2020 4runner
Midnight Black Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
Bang can eat a bag of dicks

We had a couple of their "product experts" (hot chicks) stop in the bike shop a few months ago and they loaded up our mini fridge. I made the mistake of drinking the one I'll ever try on an empty stomach. My stomach was still ****ed up the next morning

... But I did get a laugh out of their disclaimer at the bottom of the can.

"If you have ANY medical condition or take ANY prescription drug, you should not drink Bang". Doesn't leave much to interpretation
Seems to be my normal reaction to any creatine drink. Like a water fountain...out my butt.
wildnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:47 AM   #44
042
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332955
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: WA
Vehicle:
1994 Accord 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman View Post
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5GihbZh.jpg[/IMG

These weren't "bad", but at least 3 hipsters had recommended them to me as the best thing since craft beard wax...

So I bought 3 different flavors and tried them. They taste exactly the same as a sugar-free Rockstar (which isn't really all that great either); bang is perhaps even slightly worse tasting.

Slap the word "unicorn" anything and millennials will lose their **** to get it.
Rockstar Pure Zero is the best zero calorie energy drink. The orange mango passionfruit was far and away the best so of course it was discontinued. They now have tangerine mango/guava strawberry, which is an okay substitute. Monster Ultra is good too, but only has 160mg of caffeine instead of 240.
042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #45
Mrowka
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 383801
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnexa View Post
Chicken tikka masala at a Chinese restaurant in Austria.

It was basically fried chicken with sweet whipped cream on top
Chinese food made by Indian people in West Palm Beach.

I like Chinese. I like Indian. I couldn't finish this, which was all for the best as half of it sat on your stomach like you just swallowed a cannonball, and the other half went through your GI tract like a hurricane.
Mrowka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #46
Akirasoft
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2973
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Inverness, IL
Vehicle:
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 042 View Post
Rockstar Pure Zero is the best zero calorie energy drink. The orange mango passionfruit was far and away the best so of course it was discontinued. They now have tangerine mango/guava strawberry, which is an okay substitute. Monster Ultra is good too, but only has 160mg of caffeine instead of 240.
My favorite zero-calorie is Monster Ultra Sunrise. I would actually drink this even if it wasn't an energy drink. That being said, I prefer Monster's energy blend to all others. IMO it is just the "right" amount of herbs and spices...
Akirasoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #47
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Straight outta Shompton
Vehicle:
2017 Wind-up car
Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 042 View Post
Rockstar Pure Zero is the best zero calorie energy drink. The orange mango passionfruit was far and away the best so of course it was discontinued. They now have tangerine mango/guava strawberry, which is an okay substitute. Monster Ultra is good too, but only has 160mg of caffeine instead of 240.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasoft View Post
My favorite zero-calorie is Monster Ultra Sunrise. I would actually drink this even if it wasn't an energy drink. That being said, I prefer Monster's energy blend to all others. IMO it is just the "right" amount of herbs and spices...
Totally unrelated question, how flat are the bills on you ball caps?
Furiousd1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #48
042
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332955
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: WA
Vehicle:
1994 Accord 5MT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasoft View Post
My favorite zero-calorie is Monster Ultra Sunrise. I would actually drink this even if it wasn't an energy drink. That being said, I prefer Monster's energy blend to all others. IMO it is just the "right" amount of herbs and spices...
I really like the taste of red and blue Monster Ultra. The ultra black is probably my favorite though. I almost grabbed a 24 pack at Costco today, but now it's sunrise/white/violet. It used to be red/white/blue which was the best assortment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
Totally unrelated question, how flat are the bills on you ball caps?
Slightly curved, to the point of not being a flat bill, but not far off.


I tried cold brew coffee and it is absolute garbage. $2-$3 for a 7 ounce can and I came away unconvinced cold brew is anything but cold drip coffee put in a can. I don't really like hot drinks. So when the need for caffeine calls brotato energy drinks are where I reach.
042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #49
Akirasoft
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 2973
Join Date: Nov 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Inverness, IL
Vehicle:
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
Totally unrelated question, how flat are the bills on you ball caps?
so flat they are curved upside down! lol

but anyways im 41 and just like energy drinks
Akirasoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #50
El Wray
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303030
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: CA
Vehicle:
2009 STI
DGM

Default


It may look like it. Sure doesn't feel or taste like it. Sort of like a gluten free pizza, except worse.

The toppings were great but could not withstand how terrible the crust was. Texture and taste was somewhere between stale thin focaccia and feta cheese (the cheese wasn't feta).. I won't be making this mistake again.
El Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.