Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 14, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #3201
hi5.0
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 340456
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza

Default

Too bad some people just don't seem to get it. And you can take that statement any way you want...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hi5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #3202
Badler
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133597
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange
Default

While some of them are openly defying the rules based on principals, I imagine most are doing it so they do t lose their business. Good, bad or otherwise.
Badler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:05 PM   #3203
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badler View Post
While some of them are openly defying the rules based on principals, I imagine most are doing it so they do t lose their business. Good, bad or otherwise.
Maybe they should stop voting for people that are blocking relief to their businesses
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #3204
SilverBullet2.5RS
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 96060
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: RVA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-sun View Post
Speaking of craziness.

Saturday night, around 5PMish, we ordered pizza from a local place. The Green Bay game was going, for context. I called and asked for curbside, they said they were busy and curbside wouldn't be possible. Fine, I said I'd go inside and pick it up at the hostess stand. It's a Pizza, Bar and Grill. It's split into 2 sections, a small dine in area with 4-5 booths and 4-5 tables on one side and the bar side has maybe 30 tables.

Rules in our county are 25% occupancy or 25 people in a restaurant. I walked in and EVERY SINGLE SEAT was taken. 100% occupancy. There was a line to get in for carry out.

Servers were wearing masks, but I saw 2-3 servers were wearing these chin shield masks that barely covered over their noses.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Anti.../dp/B085RSRN4D

I left a bad review on Yelp for this place, which is a place we love. It's one of the 2 restaurants we've been to outdoor dining since March. It's also super close to our house, we can and have walked there one of those 2 times we ate outdoors there.

I get the need as a small business owners to want to stay open, I do. That's why we've supported them pretty regularly, but what I saw was ridiculous. I don't think I'll be supporting them anytime soon.


Itís been largely the same where Iím at here in VA. Once it got cold all the outdoor diners went inside. Weíre limited to 50% occupancy and while Iím not sure of the legality, most places seem to be counting their makeshift outdoor dining areas as part of their occupancy limit, so a lot of indoor dining is as packed as it would be on a typical Friday/Saturday night pre-covid.

I had been doing food delivery up until places started filling up in the fall. Thru no part of this past year have I been willing to dine in, so it started to seem especially stupid to waltz into restaurants that are packed with maskless folks to pick up food for some rando.
SilverBullet2.5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:10 PM   #3205
TheViking85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273629
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

I've had to write off the majority of the places we eat at unfortunately. The Mask compliance and occupancy requirements aren't being upheld at all.

There's a couple of places we go to that have consistently been awesome, so there's that. I can still get tacos, sandwiches, coffee and pho, lol.
TheViking85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #3206
Badler
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133597
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaslayer View Post
Maybe they should stop voting for people that are blocking relief to their businesses
I think you know itís more nuanced than that.
Badler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #3207
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I've had to wrote off the majority of the places we eat at unfortunately. The Mask compliance and occupancy requirements aren't being upheld at all.

There's a couple of places we go to that have consistently been awesome, so there's that. I can still get tacos and pho, lol.

I sent a nice letter to Lego a few weeks back. The Lego store was the only place in the mall following occupancy etc.....
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #3208
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badler View Post
I think you know itís more nuanced than that.
It really isnít.

You got yours for years. Now the bill is due.

Itís just business.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #3209
Badler
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133597
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange
Default

Ok... whatever you say. Feel free to start up a business and do better then.
Badler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #3210
TheViking85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273629
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

It seems pretty straight forward to me; If you're not willing to maintain some basic requirements to prevent spreading a virus during a pandemic, I no longer have any faith in your sanitation process during regular times.

I know they're hurting, well over half my friends are in the service industry or own restaurants etc. But it's a volatile industry even in the best of times, and loss of profitability should never be a reason for endangering public health.
TheViking85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #3211
Hondaslayer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4562
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Auburn, WA
Vehicle:
2014 Electric Datsun
2005 Adventure van

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badler View Post
Ok... whatever you say. Feel free to start up a business and do better then.
And this is supposed to disprove me?

You fight for no taxes, you get exactly this. Suck it up, nothing is guaranteed which is why we are supposed to have safety nets.

This situation was inevitable and caused by them. Sorry but your small business is not a corporation. Period. So stop voting for things that are only giving you crumbs.
Hondaslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #3212
Pallendo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 65831
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: BFE
Vehicle:
91 Miata. Hey you
can f* short girls in one

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saintusa View Post
What are the rules/regulations for quarantining with multiple household members (+)ve for Covid?
Here's how our household is doing this.

Right now we are 4 people in our house. Me, my wife, our 5 year old kid and our 23 year old niece who is currently working on her Doctorate in PT. I tested positive in my weekly test at work (I work IT for a nursing home company and have been required to come in to the office every day since this all started, but I bitch about that MUCH more in other posts) last week. Test done on Tuesday, results wednesday night. Right away everybody in the house masked up. I moved myself and a couple of weeks worth of clothes to one of our spare bedrooms with it's own full bath. Niece has had run of the basement suite so she can study while staying with us. So she's already somewhat isolated. Wife kid and niece test thursday morning. Niece's rapid test came back "Inconclusive" but wife and kid both had PCR tests and they came back negative. We inform his daycare that he would be out for 2 weeks as a direct contact with a positive. Wife goes on FMLA for 2 weeks as well. Friday our niece does a PCR test and it comes back sunday as positive. So, 2 positives and 2 negatives in the house. Anytime anybody is in the common area of the house, we are masked. Wife and kid do not use "my" bathroom, nor come in to "my" bedroom. To get to the garage in the basement, we go around the side of the house instead of through the living area in the basement. This friday will be 10 days post end of symptoms for me, and the CDC says 10 days from the start of symptoms, so we are giving it another 1.5 days more than CDC says. I did have the first round of the pfizer vaccine before I tested positive, so we are betting that shortened the duration and should make me more likely to NOT be contagious.

Take-aways. We are lucky that we have enough spare rooms that we can do this. Wife is lucky that she has enough sick time that SHE can take the 2 weeks for this. We are lucky that she and our kid did NOT get this as there is no vaccine for kids yet. Even with masks, I do my dead level best to stay more than 6' away from them at all times, and share common space as little as possible. KN95 with an additional cloth mask over for me and our niece and a KN95 for wife and a well fitted cloth mask for the kid (KN95 will not fit his face, so a well fitted cloth mask will do MUCH better for him.).
Pallendo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #3213
Badler
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133597
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaslayer View Post
And this is supposed to disprove me?

You fight for no taxes, you get exactly this. Suck it up, nothing is guaranteed which is why we are supposed to have safety nets.

This situation was inevitable and caused by them. Sorry but your small business is not a corporation. Period. So stop voting for things that are only giving you crumbs.
Nothing is guaranteed, but we need guaranteed safety nets?

Inevitable and caused by them?

I know itís really easy to hate anybody trying to make a living owning a business, but maybe put yourself in their shoes.
Badler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #3214
wobbletop
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 11652
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
'18 Focus RS Red
'70 Porsche 914/6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi5.0 View Post
Too bad some people just don't seem to get it. And you can take that statement any way you want...
I chuckled.
wobbletop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #3215
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaslayer View Post
I sent a nice letter to Lego a few weeks back. The Lego store was the only place in the mall following occupancy etc.....
the reaction of the person who reads that is going to be to fire the store manager and put someone in place who will allow more guests in.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:14 PM   #3216
blue-sun
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 15934
Join Date: Mar 2002
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Yorkville, IL
Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallendo View Post
Here's how our household is doing this.

Right now we are 4 people in our house. Me, my wife, our 5 year old kid and our 23 year old niece who is currently working on her Doctorate in PT. I tested positive in my weekly test at work (I work IT for a nursing home company and have been required to come in to the office every day since this all started, but I bitch about that MUCH more in other posts) last week. Test done on Tuesday, results wednesday night. Right away everybody in the house masked up. I moved myself and a couple of weeks worth of clothes to one of our spare bedrooms with it's own full bath. Niece has had run of the basement suite so she can study while staying with us. So she's already somewhat isolated. Wife kid and niece test thursday morning. Niece's rapid test came back "Inconclusive" but wife and kid both had PCR tests and they came back negative. We inform his daycare that he would be out for 2 weeks as a direct contact with a positive. Wife goes on FMLA for 2 weeks as well. Friday our niece does a PCR test and it comes back sunday as positive. So, 2 positives and 2 negatives in the house. Anytime anybody is in the common area of the house, we are masked. Wife and kid do not use "my" bathroom, nor come in to "my" bedroom. To get to the garage in the basement, we go around the side of the house instead of through the living area in the basement. This friday will be 10 days post end of symptoms for me, and the CDC says 10 days from the start of symptoms, so we are giving it another 1.5 days more than CDC says. I did have the first round of the pfizer vaccine before I tested positive, so we are betting that shortened the duration and should make me more likely to NOT be contagious.

Take-aways. We are lucky that we have enough spare rooms that we can do this. Wife is lucky that she has enough sick time that SHE can take the 2 weeks for this. We are lucky that she and our kid did NOT get this as there is no vaccine for kids yet. Even with masks, I do my dead level best to stay more than 6' away from them at all times, and share common space as little as possible. KN95 with an additional cloth mask over for me and our niece and a KN95 for wife and a well fitted cloth mask for the kid (KN95 will not fit his face, so a well fitted cloth mask will do MUCH better for him.).
We did something similar while it was just the wife who was positive. She isolated from all of us. Masks while we brought her food or took out dishes or garbage. She would be on day 10 per CDC from first symptoms today I believe but she came out yesterday afternoon when it was confirmed that Twin 1 had it.

Twin 2 still has had no symptoms, but since we were all together (me and the twins) all week, if 1 of us has it we all have it. The logistics for the family to all isolate, which is damn near impossible for twins who spend nearly 24 hours a day together for 10 years. Sure, they have separate bedrooms, but they share a bathroom. We opted to have wife come out of isolation into the house with us and we're staying isolated from everyone until mid Feb.

I know the hospitals I work for have negative pressure covid rooms, so does isolating in a house with a standard HVAC do anything? Won't her coughing germs last week have gone into the HVAC system and spread around the whole house anyways?
blue-sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:12 PM   #3217
hi5.0
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 340456
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza

Default

Got the 5G microchip installed today. Was kept for additional 30 min. for observation due to listing food allergy on the form (Probably helping build up data collection for those who could have vaccine allergic reaction). Other than slight dull pain at injection site, nothing so far. Unable to sync with phone, no signs of improved reception, nor signs of super powers manifesting.
hi5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 PM   #3218
chapstien
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 68284
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: The state of being
Vehicle:
1999 GMC Sonoma
hhhuate

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi5.0 View Post
Got the 5G microchip installed today. Was kept for additional 30 min. for observation due to listing food allergy on the form (Probably helping build up data collection for those who could have vaccine allergic reaction). Other than slight dull pain at injection site, nothing so far. Unable to sync with phone, no signs of improved reception, nor signs of super powers manifesting.
They needed to make sue you didn't choke on your own throat. Then you would have been data.
chapstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #3219
jutes85
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 127232
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Saskachatoon
Vehicle:
2017 Mullet SS1LE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
loss of profitability should never be a reason for endangering public health.
Losing your business/job/livelihood is just as important to prevent as physical health.
jutes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #3220
poison
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 37678
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Default

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/nachma...han-indicated/

Quote:
A single dose of Pfizer's vaccine may be less effective than the drugmaker had indicated, Israel's COVID-19 czar has warned.

Nachman Ash - Israel's equivalent of Dr. Anthony Fauci - said the protection offered by the first dose is "less effective than we had thought," Army Radio reported.

"Many people have been infected between the first and second injections of the vaccine," Ash said, adding that the protective effect appears "lower than [the data] presented by Pfizer."

The pharmaceutical giant has claimed that trials show it is roughly 52 percent effective around 12 days after receiving the first shot, the BBC reported.
Israel is turning into quite the testing ground.

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/14/222158...izer-netanyahu
poison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #3221
TheViking85
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273629
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutes85 View Post
Losing your business/job/livelihood is just as important to prevent as physical health.
No, it's not.
TheViking85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #3222
xenocide
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 33012
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
No, it's not.
The first thing you learn in middle school debate...

...jutes might have been sarcastic can't tell...

Last edited by xenocide; 01-20-2021 at 12:20 PM.
xenocide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #3223
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutes85 View Post
Losing your business/job/livelihood is just as important to prevent as physical health.
and it's not just the business owners that are affected. staff, vendors, lease operators, etc.

but hey, I presume the new leaders have, or are being inaugurated, so we'll all be getting enough money from the government to survive until covid is gone.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #3224
Balantz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 101457
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
Czar of Sweet Dance
Moves

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutes85 View Post
Losing your business/job/livelihood is just as important to prevent as physical health.
Balantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:41 PM   #3225
samagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 26859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: undisputed COMBAT! champion
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantz View Post
pretty sure what he was getting at without giving the appropriate context:

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2020/10/...ive%20outcomes.

and here's some real numbers of business closures:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...-yelp-n1240209

the answer isn't as cut/dry as 'businesses need to remain open' because obviously, when people are mingling in close proximity indoors, that's when this thing spreads the fastest. but the answer also can't be 'close all the businesses' cause that has some very direct and serious effects too.
samagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.