Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2003, 09:31 PM   #1
Peter.Lombardi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 46100
Vehicle:
2004 TS 2.5 Wagon
Aspen White

Talking New guy w/ a few questions about his new '04 TS Wagon...

Hey there, well my name is Peter Lombardi and I'm a 22 year old Photo student currently residing in Santa Barbara, CA. And my newly acquired '04 TS Wagon is my first import.

I've mainly driven older cars and Jeeps up until now, my other car is a 1949 Oldsmobile kustom that I'm slowly working on. I got the Subaru bug when my little brother bought and started to modify his '02 RS. I recently moved to Santa Barbara, CA from Washington state, and I like to drive back to Washington every few months to visit family and friends. So I was in need of a new car, other than my '00 Jeep Cherokee. As I'm sure some of you know, gas prices are scary in California, and I was spending between 70-100 bucks a week on gas. Not a pretty sight for a very poor college student, so thankfully my parents jumped in and we worked out a deal for me to get this beautiful new car.

I hope that was enough of an intro, not sure whether you need to know more or not.

OK, so here are the questions I promised,

Springs, I have my brother's older RS springs, how much of a drop would I receive w/ these? I'm not sure about the '02 models, but with the '04 models there's a 1" to a 1 1/2" difference between the RS and the TS. Anybody have an idea?

Also, any difficulty in swapping out his old wheels and tires? It seems he had an upgraded set of them, as they are 17" wheels and the tires are about 3 1/2" tall, making them a total of about 24" tall, they are also wider than the stock tires on the TS. There’s not much wear on them and they look like new.

Almost done, please hang in here w/ me, and remember I'm a newby to these things.

Alright, how difficult is it to swap out the stock springs?! Will I need a spring compressor?! Should I just take it to somebody to swap them out, as I'm unfamiliar and uncertain about these new fangled modern automobiles?!

Also, what are the actual differences in suspension between my TS and an RS of the same year? Anything I should keep my eyes out for?

Thanks a lot people! Sorry if I didn't do a good enough intro,
-peter
http://www.rodnkustom.com
Peter.Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote