Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday June 24, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-14-2019, 03:41 AM   #1
Whitebomb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 428667
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sdn
SWP

Default Broken throttle body coolant line

So I was installing the passenger side block off plate for the secondary air injection system to my 07 WRX and when I was bending the metal pipe that goes from the block to the valve I bent and cracked the feed neck of the coolant line that runs to the lower throttle body. I canít tell if if it is part of the block or a separate piece I can replace. I couldnít find the part in any diagrams in my shop manual. Does anyone know the part #? I believe I have to pull the intake manifold to repair it. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
Whitebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
igoiks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326692
Vehicle:
2004 sti
wrb

Coolant runs through TB to warm it up and keep it from freezing in very cold climates, you can bypass it
igoiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #3
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru

Member#: 93750
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Whitebomb, luckily the coolant system is not tapped into the engine for the throttle body. I have to double check the garage but from memory the feed to the throttle body comes from a black hard coolant line and the outlet goes to the crossover .

EDIT: I was indeed correct. This picture is not my own but shows the in and out flow connected with a flexible coolant line for a throttle body bypass mod. its the horse shoe shaped hose going over the knock sensor

Last edited by Foo_Blyat; 02-14-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Foo_Blyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Whitebomb
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sdn
SWP

Thatís great news that itís replaceable. I cracked the one on the left of the photo. You wouldnít by some black magic know the part number? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebomb View Post
Thatís great news that itís replaceable. I cracked the one on the left of the photo. You wouldnít by some black magic know the part number? Thanks for the help!
If your fitting looks like this

then its a press in coolant barb which i dont know if subaru sells seperately.

if your cross over looks like this

then the fitting is welded on and youll need an entire new coolant crossover.

The crossover, aka pipe complete-water, for your 07 wrx is 14053AA550 fiund here https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_20...4053AA550.html

You'll need to remove the intake manifold and crossover either way to see what youre dealing with and to fix or replace the broken fitting.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
Whitebomb
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sdn
SWP

You're a savior!

Yeah, I have a photo I'm inspecting now and my barb looks more like a game piece from Sorry! than the press-in. How fitting. Ill grab myself a pipe complete-water and I'll grab some gaskets for the intake. Anything else you would recommend for the project such as specialty clips or o-rings I should consider? This will be my first intake manifold removal. I'll try not to break anything else.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru

Give eBay a look over first. If they have a correct year crossover for $50-$60 shipped I’d snag that deal.

If you want to purchase new, I always give all my business to Brian at hueburger Subaru online. They have had the best prices on everything for a few years running now . Here’s the crossover on their page https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/Su...4053AA550.html

When you remove the intake manifold do not try to take the manifold off the tgvs. It’s all connected by the wiring harness and fuel rails. You’ll waste a bunch of time and need to order gaskets. Remove only the 4 LONG bolts that go thru the tgvs into the engine. Unplug all wires and then remove the maniffold, tgvs, fuel rails and engine harness as one complete assembly. You’ll have 3 small connectors by the front alternator that are slightly hard to get to but need to be unclipped or else they’ll hold onto the assymbly while you’re tying to yank it out.

Oh and don’t forget to undo the coolant line hidden under the coolant overflow turbo side. It goes thru the space between the intake manifold runners and it’ll get hung up on that
Old 02-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #8
Whitebomb
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sdn
SWP

Cheapest I see is $95 right now so Iíll probably bite the bullet and buy that one because I canít afford to wait for a better deal.

And thanks for the tips. Iíll heed your advice so I donít end up paying/waiting for even more gaskets.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #9
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru

$46.99 shipped Or Best Offer (ive purchased a few items from this guy before ) https://www.ebay.com/itm/04-07-SUBAR...Gvq:rk:11:pf:0

*** here is the link to just the top sellers store, with just the subaru coolant crossover as search criteria - https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...sover&_sacat=0 ***

$50 shipped https://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-JDM-...18Wp:rk:8:pf:0

$66.45 shipped https://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-Subar...U6a:rk:10:pf:0
Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #10
Whitebomb
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 WRX Sdn
SWP

Haha I'm a dummy. I initially just searched using the part number. There's a ton more listed when I just look it up by name. Unfortunately the three you linked are the insert style barb, and I'm not sure if that'll fit on my car since mine has the welded barb. I did find someone in the part out section that thinks they may have one in their storage and is willing to sell it to me for $65 shipped. So I'll wait to hear back from them tomorrow and go from there. Thanks for all the help again!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #11
Foo_Blyat
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebomb View Post
Haha I'm a dummy. I initially just searched using the part number. There's a ton more listed when I just look it up by name. Unfortunately the three you linked are the insert style barb, and I'm not sure if that'll fit on my car since mine has the welded barb. I did find someone in the part out section that thinks they may have one in their storage and is willing to sell it to me for $65 shipped. So I'll wait to hear back from them tomorrow and go from there. Thanks for all the help again!
itll fit. the insert is sti and higher end while the welded is the cheaper version for wrxs. but both use the same exact ej25 case halves.

up to you. i wouldnt go back to a welded one when it broke on you in the first place