Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday May 25, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #5226
skeeter281
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 403893
Join Date: Oct 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2015 STi Limited
WR Blue

Default

Thanks but are they painted or powder coated?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
skeeter281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #5227
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter281 View Post
Thanks but are they painted or powder coated?
Sorry, painted lol.
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #5228
skeeter281
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 403893
Join Date: Oct 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: SoCal
Vehicle:
2015 STi Limited
WR Blue

Default

It's weird but sometimes I think the CE28's look better without the center caps.
skeeter281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #5229
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter281 View Post
It's weird but sometimes I think the CE28's look better without the center caps.
I was just thinking the same thing! I think it will bring them out lol
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:23 AM   #5230
SkyeC
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 94323
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: 925
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

I prefer most "race" wheels without center caps. Especially raised ones like that.
SkyeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #5231
AkotaHsky
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 434920
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
2003 WRX

Default

2015 WRX Galaxy Blue Pearl

WedsSport SA-20R WBC 18x9.5 +38
Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/35/18
Stock Suspension








Last edited by AkotaHsky; 06-27-2016 at 11:30 AM.
AkotaHsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #5232
Gyounan1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449790
Join Date: Jun 2016
Default 18x9.5 +15 to +25 offset fitment

Hey i got a 15 wrx!! Lookin to put some mb battles on it in 18x9.5 with a +15 offset. Stock suspension just dont want it to poke out from the fenders too crazy any one have pics of some aggressive offsets on the 15 wrx thx guys

Last edited by Gyounan1; 06-28-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Gyounan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #5233
Mr_Face
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448970
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyounan1 View Post
Hey i got a 15 wrx!! Lookin to put some mb battles on it in 18x9.5 with a +15 offset. Stock suspension just dont want it to poke out from the fenders too crazy any one have pics of some aggressive offsets on the 15 wrx thx guys

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2703134
Mr_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #5234
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

Here is how she sits so far. 19x9.5 +38. I'm getting my fenders rolled Tuesday and dropping the car. But it looks like I'll have no issues after the fenders are rolled. Not rubbing now at this height.


Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #5235
Gyounan1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449790
Join Date: Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Face View Post
Thanks!!! Answered my question now do u guys think the bronze or gun metal looks better?
Gyounan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #5236
Gyounan1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449790
Join Date: Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakejesus231 View Post
Here is how she sits so far. 19x9.5 +38. I'm getting my fenders rolled Tuesday and dropping the car. But it looks like I'll have no issues after the fenders are rolled. Not rubbing now at this height.


Looks good man!! I got some winter tires brand new for 250 so i need 18's but 19 look awesome!
Gyounan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:01 PM   #5237
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

I love the 19's, I'm going to be able to close the fender gap and still have some ride height. That was my goal. I'm surprised how well they fit even with decent meat.
Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #5238
Gyounan1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449790
Join Date: Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakejesus231 View Post
I love the 19's, I'm going to be able to close the fender gap and still have some ride height. That was my goal. I'm surprised how well they fit even with decent meat.
http://robroscustoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/057.jpg
Or
http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/colayo2009/294950_411166285560901_346355475375316_1673787_626 726812_n-1.jpg

Im torn between the two not sure which color! My cars black fyi! And ur car will look 👌🏻 with the slight drop like u said!

Last edited by Gyounan1; 06-28-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Gyounan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #5239
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

I wouldn't go gunmetal on black but that's just me. Just like I wouldn't go white on white, but everyone is different, do what you like.
Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:02 AM   #5240
mmorales89
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415054
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charlotte
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default Xxr 530

Need help with figuring this out.

I want the XXR 530 18x9.75 +20 offset and 255/35/18 tires.

Would that set up work? Will I need to get my fender done or upgrade suspension?

My car is completely stock.

Thanks for the help
mmorales89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:43 AM   #5241
Rowrx11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338312
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorales89 View Post
Need help with figuring this out.

I want the XXR 530 18x9.75 +20 offset and 255/35/18 tires.

Would that set up work? Will I need to get my fender done or upgrade suspension?

My car is completely stock.

Thanks for the help
Offset to low for me.
Rowrx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #5242
immortal
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 408776
Join Date: Dec 2014
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
15 WRX EFR 7064

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorales89 View Post
Need help with figuring this out.

I want the XXR 530 18x9.75 +20 offset and 255/35/18 tires.

Would that set up work? Will I need to get my fender done or upgrade suspension?

My car is completely stock.

Thanks for the help
Those wheels sits over 1.6" past the oem setup... would poke out a lot.

You would need fender roll and suspension with negative camber to prevent rubbing.

Compared to what most people run, 18x9.5+38 which sticks only 1.1" past oem setup.

http://rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp - figure out your own wheels with that link. oem is 245/40/18 18x8.5 +55.

I would recommend +40 to +45 offset wheels for the best fit.
immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #5243
mmorales89
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 415054
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charlotte
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal View Post
Those wheels sits over 1.6" past the oem setup... would poke out a lot.

You would need fender roll and suspension with negative camber to prevent rubbing.

Compared to what most people run, 18x9.5+38 which sticks only 1.1" past oem setup.

http://rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp - figure out your own wheels with that link. oem is 245/40/18 18x8.5 +55.

I would recommend +40 to +45 offset wheels for the best fit.
Perfect thanks for the info, I'm going to do some extra research on this.
mmorales89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #5244
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

So weird question. Does the front or the rear of the car have more room for the wheels/tires. Like if you are running the same wheels, same tires, same camber. Are you more likely to rub in the front? Or in the back. To me it seems like the front has WAY more room then the back.
Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:34 AM   #5245
VanWo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 447721
Join Date: May 2016
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakejesus231 View Post
So weird question. Does the front or the rear of the car have more room for the wheels/tires. Like if you are running the same wheels, same tires, same camber. Are you more likely to rub in the front? Or in the back. To me it seems like the front has WAY more room then the back.


You are correct. The rear will rub before the fronts.
VanWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #5246
Hyouka
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 394471
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default

Does anyone know if I can use the OEM TPMS sensors from my stock 17" on some 18" AV20s I'm about to get in?
Hyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #5247
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouka View Post
Does anyone know if I can use the OEM TPMS sensors from my stock 17" on some 18" AV20s I'm about to get in?
TPMS has nothing to do with size, it's dependent on wheel design. If they do not go straight in the normal valve stem location you can strap them on.

Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:59 AM   #5248
fredrik94087
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 337075
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Jose, CA
Vehicle:
2015 WRX 6mt stg2+
Snail Tuned

Default

^^^ why does that look jerryrigged?!

A new set can't be more than $100. I have seen as low as ~$60.
fredrik94087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #5249
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

Uh???? You've never heard of or seen of TPMS Straps. Pretty normal. They do it at all tire shops.
Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #5250
Drakejesus231
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249780
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Reno, NV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrik94087 View Post
^^^ why does that look jerryrigged?!

A new set can't be more than $100. I have seen as low as ~$60.
They are usually more. But also, it's over $200 to program every time you switch wheels.
Drakejesus231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.