Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 14, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
gunshed
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485056
Default 2004 WRX EVAP Delete Service Manual Question

Hello all,

I am looking to delete my EVAP system entirely (Charcoal canister, all solenoids, lines, etc...)

I am aware that I will receive the following codes:
P0458 - EVAP system canister purge solenoid valve circuit low
P0447 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Open
P1400 - Fuel tank pressure control solenoid valve circuit low input

I have an AccessPort, but the a**holes over at Cobb put AccessTuner Race under a paywall, but thats a totally different topic. Anyways, without that I can't easily turn off the codes.

So my solution is to place resistors on all the plugs to "simulate" the missing equipment. Now I need to find proper resistor values to make the ECU happy.

After some googling and digging through my Service Manual, I've come across some miss-matching information:
The manuals over at XXXXX show a very broad 10-100 ohm values for P0458, but an unknown manual another user posted on this thread: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2302198 shows 29-35 ohms. I cannot find this version the manual... It looks like he is using a H4DOTC version, but I checked all the years and cant find the 29-35 ohm spec on the pdf versions I have.

Can anyone help me source the correct manual? I'd like to check the resistance values for the other solenoids. I'd guess a 33 ohm resistor would work fine for the others, but I'd like to make sure.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by Unabomber; 11-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.
gunshed is offline   Reply With Quote