Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 12, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-03-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
vetbaru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 431114
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Charcoal Gray

Default Build Thread: My '08 STI Hatch

So I used to had an '08 WRX Hatch slim body it was fun (400hp 424tq), but I've always wanted a STI. About a month ago I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an '08 Charcoal Grey STI hatch, which was completely stock besides a catback. It had 94k miles, which is a little higher than I wanted but the price was right and over all it was clean, even the shop I go to M45 in Auburn, CA said it was in good shape, so I'm not trippin about the miles much.

I'm going to try to stick to budge on this one so it's going to take me a little while to get where I wanna go. But I plan to post updates at least monthly if not more so as to keep y'all up to date with my progress.

Ultimately, I've done the big HP beast, this time around I'm going to lean more twd show car and then once I'm happy there I'll push the power envelope once again.

So far I've ordered an Invidia DP, AEM Cold Air Intake, GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid, Innovate Wideband, Fuku Purple Radiator Hoses, and Optima Yellow Top Battery. Everything should be here this coming week and I plan to install the first weekend I have everything in hand. Also, I've been talking to Stephen @ iaTUNING who will be doing an e-tune for the new editions.

Next month I plan to grab some Whiteline front and rear sways and Kartboy endlinks to stiffen her up a bit. But that's probably all I will do before starting the show side of this build, but I'm in my car too much not to at least start with a few of the preferred upgrades to make her a lil more fun to drive.

Jan for my bday gift to me I'm going to get the rims repaired (just some minor curb rash) and powder coating them Illusion Purple. But I'm thinking I'm going to pause for probably 4 months and just dump ALL my extra $$ into paying off the loan so I can free up some cash to build her a lil faster (and so I don't have a car payment lol. I haven't had one in about 3-4yr just paid cash for everything. But I REALLY wanted my STI!)

Periodically, I'll be posting some pics of things I plan to do or can't decide between, I'd appreciate all the input I can get as I can be a lil indecisive at times lol.

Well, that didn't take long... I've have the car around 6 weeks total, drove maybe 2,000 miles, and POW... Rod knock. This is exactly why I opted for the 5yr 100k mile warranty... So, the build will be a lil derailed, she's in the shop for 4-6weeks. But when she comes home, she will have forged internals, bored with bigger pistons, king race bearings, as well as the already planned initial mods mentioned above. So, it's a bummer I didn't get to go to the track yesterday for a before time, but she is going to be a blast when I finally do get her back.

Last edited by vetbaru; 11-07-2019 at 11:46 PM.
vetbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links