Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 5, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 01:41 PM   #51
Johnny_W
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 147908
Join Date: May 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New England
Vehicle:
2007 WRX Wagon Stg4?
Black

Default

Have older brothers, this was the first song I remember thinking "This is rock n roll".
The Nile Song
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Johnny_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #52
Brad Pittiful
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34931
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Eagles are ****ing
Vehicle:
. Super bowl LII
Champions!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I feel sorry for those that had to come of musical age in the 80's.
i dont know about that...the 80s had great music...ramones...black flag...dead kennedys...minor threat on the punk side...more alt...echo and the bunnymen...psychedelic furs...new order...rem...husker du...replacements...the smiths..the cure

i could go on and on
Brad Pittiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #53
Bonzo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2307
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West of Rd Am
Vehicle:
2018 KTM500EXC
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pittiful View Post
i dont know about that...the 80s had great music...ramones...black flag...dead kennedys...minor threat on the punk side...more alt...echo and the bunnymen...psychedelic furs...new order...rem...husker du...replacements...the smiths..the cure

i could go on and on
Midnight Oil, Bruce Cockburn, XTC, Monovox, The Fixx, D Bowie, Bob Plant, The Suburbs. Joan Armitrading, T Dolby...

For sure, but most were listing the ilk produced and pushed on the masses via the radio waves.

Speaking of radio waves. Mr. Waters was touring this season at one point...
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #54
Brad Pittiful
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34931
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Eagles are ****ing
Vehicle:
. Super bowl LII
Champions!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Midnight Oil, Bruce Cockburn, XTC, Monovox, The Fixx, D Bowie, Bob Plant, The Suburbs. Joan Armitrading, T Dolby...

For sure, but most were listing the ilk produced and pushed on the masses via the radio waves.

Speaking of radio waves. Mr. Waters was touring this season at one point...
you can say the same about the teenie bopper junk they played in the 50s...but people still heard elvis...chuck berry...buddy holly...jerry lee lewis

the 60s and the 70s had terrible pop but people found stuff like cream...doors...deep purple...ted nugent

the people who listened to the stuff pushed on them and bought the music and went to concerts were never meant for those other bands...every decade to this day is the same
Brad Pittiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #55
Furiousd1983
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295099
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Straight outta Shompton
Vehicle:
2013 Not so Hot HB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I feel sorry for those that had to come of musical age in the 80's.


Early on (up until 7-ish) I have little musical recollection. The monkeys and beatles on 45's. I sure wish I still had those 45's today.

In 1969 we moved up north, which meant riding the bus 1 hour one way to school. Scary times for this little guy. On the bus the older kids brought in 8-tracks to play as long as we were good. Tommy James and the Shondells, a few Beatles and of course Led Zep. There's a whole new world out there! I had an older sister that was a freak (not jock). So obviously her music was def on the harder side. Queen, Zep, Paul/wings. The first recorded music I bought with my own money was Zep House of the Holy 8-track at the tender age of 9. First album was Aerosmith original release of Toys In The Attic in 1976.

Parnets had CCR, Elton, Roberta Flack, Carpenters in the early 70's. I still have the original pressing of CCR Cosmos Factory.
Everyone ****s on the 80s, and some of it is fully justified, but I have come around on a quite a bit of the era as an adult.

The 90s might be worse through the view of hindsight. The pop was ****, the country was ****, the hip hop was mostly ****, and most of the rock from the second half of the decade was ****.

Why did every rock front man after 1995 decide they needed to sound like a budget Eddie Vedder?
Furiousd1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #56
Bonzo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2307
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West of Rd Am
Vehicle:
2018 KTM500EXC
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pittiful View Post
you can say the same about the teenie bopper junk they played in the 50s...but people still heard elvis...chuck berry...buddy holly...jerry lee lewis

the 60s and the 70s had terrible pop but people found stuff like cream...doors...deep purple...ted nugent

the people who listened to the stuff pushed on them and bought the music and went to concerts were never meant for those other bands...every decade to this day is the same
No arguments to the above.

Music like fashion just keeps going round and round every decade or so.

I went through the majority of my life listening to hard/prog rock with punk, new wave etc mixed in. I rarely listen to any of that now. It's either the very new stuff or soft rock from the 70's. Bread, The Carpenters, Chicago...
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #57
Bonzo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2307
Join Date: Sep 2000
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: West of Rd Am
Vehicle:
2018 KTM500EXC
Orange

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousd1983 View Post
Everyone ****s on the 80s, and some of it is fully justified, but I have come around on a quite a bit of the era as an adult.

The 90s might be worse through the view of hindsight. The pop was ****, the country was ****, the hip hop was mostly ****, and most of the rock from the second half of the decade was ****.

Why did every rock front man after 1995 decide they needed to sound like a budget Eddie Vedder?
90's? bingo.

Eddie? Because their producer$ were telling they had to to $ell album$.

Pearl Jam is back!
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #58
Brad Pittiful
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 34931
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Eagles are ****ing
Vehicle:
. Super bowl LII
Champions!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
No arguments to the above.

Music like fashion just keeps going round and round every decade or so.

I went through the majority of my life listening to hard/prog rock with punk, new wave etc mixed in. I rarely listen to any of that now. It's either the very new stuff or soft rock from the 70's. Bread, The Carpenters, Chicago...
90% of what i listen to is the 70s and 80s punk
Brad Pittiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #59
tcs007
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4103
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Brookfield
Vehicle:
2016 Mazda6
Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pittiful View Post
i dont know about that...the 80s had great music...ramones...black flag...dead kennedys...minor threat on the punk side...more alt...echo and the bunnymen...psychedelic furs...new order...rem...husker du...replacements...the smiths..the cure

i could go on and on
A friend of mine in highschool turned me on to all of those bands. He was a huge Smiths fan.

I still have some Fugazi stickers somewhere.
tcs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.