Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-22-2017, 01:08 AM   #26
Master467
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459849
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT
89N (titanium pearl)

Buy an 04 or 05 WRX with a blown motor or something and drop it in that, you can have a car to beat on and a car to daily... You also won't ruin your probably still existent warranty, and the car you drive won't be down for literal months while you do it.

An 04 roller should be no more then 1500 bucks, I got one 2 months ago for 800. Will save you lots of trouble. And money.

Also I hope you understand the 16 STI isn't actually going to be that much faster then your current setup to warrant the swap... you're going to end up modding it in a month anyways. If you have any money left, that is. And if you really wanted an STI, why didn't you buy one? Also, never under estimate the value of a warranty. None of my cars have them, and when fecal matter breaks, it's on me. It would be great to go to a dealership and say "My piston blew the sexual reproduction up on a stock turbo with stock tune, this is your fault, give me a motor" and not be laughed at because it's an 03.

Last edited by Master467; 03-22-2017 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Filters are killin me, fam.
Master467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #27
Detrex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 278613
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
ICM

Default 2016 STI Complete Drivetrain swap into 2015 WRX Help

I have to be honest, I am really impressed with the transmission in my 2016 WRX, and the FA20DIT for that matter. I am running a GS intercooler and chargepipe, catless turbo-back, TGV/EGR deletes, and boomba recirculating valve. I'm using Accesstuner to do my own tuning. The thing pulls as hard as my USDM Bugeye on Carberry/E85 with a 16g-XT. Because you aren't swapping an EJ257, I'm guessing you are happy with the new motor too.

What's my point? Here it is... the RCE Yellows I put on made the most noticeable change in the car for one aftermarket mod. The steering slop went away, as did most of the bump-steer. And it is still comfortable, but feels like it is on rails.

The 2016 WRX tranny is very stout. OP, I bet you that if you were to sell the STI drivetrain and put that money towards other mods, you would be a lot happier in the end. It took me an entire weekend to change the clutch in my bugeye in my own garage, using just a hydraulic jack. It is going to take a lot more to get the drive train functioning as you want, and I bet you won't be that impressed with the difference.

Just my $0.02
Detrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #28
CFM56
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460834
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Dark Blue

Everything IS bolt it, DCCD will stay on auto unless you get a DCCD pro, the only hard part is deciding on what aftermarket parts to put in while bolting it in :^).

Last edited by CFM56; 06-03-2017 at 07:39 PM.
CFM56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #29
killadawg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 424203
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX stage 3
STI Drivetrain swap GM

Check this Thread out: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2846912

I did my swap and it cost me less of what an STI would have been. I also replaced all my suspension and bushings which I would have to do anyway with an STI. for about 6 - 7k you can do this whole swap (base wrx 26k -29k... Sti 36k - 40k) so I might have saved 3k after it all.. yet I still have cheaper auto insurance and an FA20DIT engine... I can also now sell my WRX 6mt and all the components I took off. So recoup some of the loss.
killadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #30
Master467
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459849
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT
89N (titanium pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadawg View Post
Check this Thread out: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2846912

I did my swap and it cost me less of what an STI would have been. I also replaced all my suspension and bushings which I would have to do anyway with an STI. for about 6 - 7k you can do this whole swap (base wrx 26k -29k... Sti 36k - 40k) so I might have saved 3k after it all.. yet I still have cheaper auto insurance and an FA20DIT engine... I can also now sell my WRX 6mt and all the components I took off. So recoup some of the loss.
What do you want for that wrx 6mt? I want to put one in my 02 n/a lgt wagon with an ez30 or ez36. 4000rpm at 90mph in 5th sucks, and I already tried a wrx 3.90 5speed and diff, gave up too much acceleration. Only diffrence is the starter area to swap fa to ej or ez bellhousings and someone on the forum has already done it to use a brz trans on his ez30 swapped forester.

Was planning to get a crashed 2013 or something, part it out and snake all the goodies.
Master467 is offline   Reply With Quote