Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday November 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #676
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indocti Discant View Post
This incident of his set the tone for me.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xur1e2

Have no respect for him as a result. Sure he has skill to drive a racecar - but his selfishness and inability to respect the rules meant that he was nothing more than a whiny baby.
Sure, whatever floats your boat and informs your preferences.

So which driver do you "respect"? Barrichello, Bottas?
Both nice and selfless chaps. Right up your alley
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #677
lil'redwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 10854
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan ej207
2008 Infiniti G37 S/C'd

Default

So is Grosjean retiring? If so, his retirement announcement isn't going to have much thunder considering how this silly season is unfolding. And what about Ocon? I could see him going to one of the Red Bull teams.
lil'redwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #678
Indocti Discant
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138000
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: et ament meminisse periti
Vehicle:
Buy Nate's coffee
west coast roasting

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Sure, whatever floats your boat and informs your preferences.

So which driver do you "respect"? Barrichello, Bottas?
Both nice and selfless chaps. Right up your alley
Let's see

Hakkinnen, Stewart, Lauda, Webber, Ricciardo, Coulthard, yep Barrichello (at some points), Massa, Rosberg

Alonso has quite deliberately taken action that put a lot of people at risk because he felt it was ok.

That's fine - but when you whine about it - thats not fine.
Indocti Discant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #679
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indocti Discant View Post
Alonso has quite deliberately taken action that put a lot of people at risk because he felt it was ok.

That's fine - but when you whine about it - thats not fine.
There's a reason he can only find a seat Maclaren.

He's "the most talented driver on the grid" and Ferrari don't want him, Renault doesn't, and neither does Red Bull or Mercedes. That says something... either he isn't really that talented or he's hard to work with.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:36 AM   #680
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indocti Discant View Post
Let's see

Hakkinnen, Stewart, Lauda, Webber, Ricciardo, Coulthard, yep Barrichello (at some points), Massa, Rosberg

Alonso has quite deliberately taken action that put a lot of people at risk because he felt it was ok.

That's fine - but when you whine about it - thats not fine.
There are good drivers and then there are masters.

Fangio, Senna, Prost, Schumacher and Alonso were masters.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:48 AM   #681
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
There's a reason he can only find a seat Maclaren.

He's "the most talented driver on the grid" and Ferrari don't want him, Renault doesn't, and neither does Red Bull or Mercedes. That says something... either he isn't really that talented or he's hard to work with.
No team needs him. What for?

Put anyone in the Mercedes and they would have the same number of championships. The teams know it. Look at the results... if not for a weird external crazy factor, race results are arranged by team... teammate followed by teammate. With the odd tire puncture, rain event and pit blunder to spice things up. But driver to driver.... there's all but nothing.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #682
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
No team needs him. What for?

Put anyone in the Mercedes and they would have the same number of championships. The teams know it. Look at the results... if not for a weird external crazy factor, race results are arranged by team... teammate followed by teammate. With the odd tire puncture, rain event and pit blunder to spice things up. But driver to driver.... there's all but nothing.
Ok...more than one team have said "no thanks" to your boy get over it
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #683
fivepointnine
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 488690
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Savannah, Ga
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post


looks like Ferrari donīt want to win a Championship
Dont really see what you mean there. Kimi puts it on the podium consistently and has no problem moving aside for Vettel. Ferrari would be doing much better this season if not for some poor strategy calls at critical times.

I do not get the hype around Leclerc at all, seems to be a mediocre driver at best. I think he might do well with a season or 2 at Haas, a solid front of the mid pack team and see how/if he develops. I feel its pretty early in his career to move to a top team like Ferrari.
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #684
Pantyraider
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 178062
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NutBucket is stalking me
Vehicle:
2017 STI Limited
CWP

Default

I'd like to see Leclerc at Haas. And say bye bye to gross jeans
Pantyraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #685
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantyraider View Post
I'd like to see Leclerc at Haas. And say bye bye to gross jeans
Same here.

If that happens will Grosjean blame Ericsson? Maybe he actually can because he's so slow and making Leclerc look so good.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #686
Indocti Discant
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138000
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: et ament meminisse periti
Vehicle:
Buy Nate's coffee
west coast roasting

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
There are good drivers and then there are masters.

Fangio, Senna, Prost, Schumacher and Alonso were masters.
agreed.

However, the two who have been struckthrough were whiney babies that deliberately broke rules and endangered others.

I can't comment on Senna and Prost as they were well before my time and the highlights of them clashing is obviously painted in a light meant to show action.
Indocti Discant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #687
Indocti Discant
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138000
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: et ament meminisse periti
Vehicle:
Buy Nate's coffee
west coast roasting

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
Dont really see what you mean there. Kimi puts it on the podium consistently and has no problem moving aside for Vettel. Ferrari would be doing much better this season if not for some poor strategy calls at critical times.

I do not get the hype around Leclerc at all, seems to be a mediocre driver at best. I think he might do well with a season or 2 at Haas, a solid front of the mid pack team and see how/if he develops. I feel its pretty early in his career to move to a top team like Ferrari.
I do not disagree with you - but to Torque's point - you have two aging drivers in your car with no succession plan.

You need to have a young driver in the team or then a driver who can mentor Vettel's replacement. Vettel is NOT a good team mate or mentor and will eat any younger driver alive.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...kimi-raikkonen
Indocti Discant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #688
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
Ok...more than one team have said "no thanks" to your boy get over it
What do you mean?

also... and viceversa.

I dont think you quite understand: he was offered all those seats you claim had sais 'no thanks'. Except Mercedes... but BrawnGP which eventually became Mercedes did have an offer for him. Red Bull did too. And of course Ferrari had a long-term contract they wanted for him, but he didnt want to commit. This is why they ended up going for Kimi and Vettel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indocti Discant View Post
agreed.

However, the two who have been struckthrough were whiney babies that deliberately broke rules and endangered others.

I can't comment on Senna and Prost as they were well before my time and the highlights of them clashing is obviously painted in a light meant to show action.
Senna deliberately crashed into Prost; amongst other things. They all whine.

You know, one day I was helping my kids on a soccer match. There were two groups of kids: a group which played in summer camp leagues (all 8y/o +) and a group of kids who gave 0 craps about soccer (this team included a 5 y/o). The ones on the league formed their own team and chose the goal posts. The goal post for the non-soccer kids had a wall on the right, so it was effectively half a post.

The soccer kids were killing it. I think 7-0. All was good, until one of them checked one of the non-soccer boys to show some dominance. So then I kinda jumped in and joined the team of the non soccer kids. Our team started scoring and soon tied.

Then leader of the soccer kids team literally started bawling crying because the teams were not fair. They quit the game when I reversed the goal posts as well.

This was all 8yr olds. It was hilarious.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #689
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
Dont really see what you mean there. Kimi puts it on the podium consistently and has no problem moving aside for Vettel. Ferrari would be doing much better this season if not for some poor strategy calls at critical times.

I do not get the hype around Leclerc at all, seems to be a mediocre driver at best. I think he might do well with a season or 2 at Haas, a solid front of the mid pack team and see how/if he develops. I feel its pretty early in his career to move to a top team like Ferrari.
Leclerc is good. But no way Ferrari are going to put him next to Vettel just yet.

Kimi is doing fine. If Ferrari actually wanted him to win, he would almost certainly be leading Vettel.

Ferrari dont need a succession plan! they have a farm and two other teams training drivers for them (Sauber and Haas). Plus, they have the choice of any other driver who comes into the scene. It is a fact... unlike Red Bull, Ferrari can sign ANY driver, ANY time, with an offer they can't refuse.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #690
Scuby04STi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 328635
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland*
Vehicle:
2004 STi GTX3076R
Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Leclerc is good. But no way Ferrari are going to put him next to Vettel just yet.

Kimi is doing fine. If Ferrari actually wanted him to win, he would almost certainly be leading Vettel.

Ferrari dont need a succession plan! they have a farm and two other teams training drivers for them (Sauber and Haas). Plus, they have the choice of any other driver who comes into the scene. It is a fact... unlike Red Bull, Ferrari can sign ANY driver, ANY time, with an offer they can't refuse.
You cant really argue that. Just look at how the do anything, they just have different rules.

Know what they do when they sell a new "super car" or whatever label people toss around?

They let you know you are allowed to buy one if you want, then ask for a MASSIVE non-refundable deposit (you have ZERO clue on final price). Then after a year or three you get your car and can not sell it for a specific time period, and even then doing the "wrong thing" gets you removed from that "list" faster than you can blink.

Simply put they are Ferrari . . .
Scuby04STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #691
Indocti Discant
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138000
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: et ament meminisse periti
Vehicle:
Buy Nate's coffee
west coast roasting

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
I dont think you quite understand: he was offered all those seats you claim had sais 'no thanks'. Except Mercedes... but BrawnGP which eventually became Mercedes did have an offer for him. Red Bull did too. And of course Ferrari had a long-term contract they wanted for him, but he didnt want to commit. This is why they ended up going for Kimi and Vettel.
urh source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Senna deliberately crashed into Prost; amongst other things. They all whine.

You know, one day I was helping my kids on a soccer match. There were two groups of kids: a group which played in summer camp leagues (all 8y/o +) and a group of kids who gave 0 craps about soccer (this team included a 5 y/o). The ones on the league formed their own team and chose the goal posts. The goal post for the non-soccer kids had a wall on the right, so it was effectively half a post.

The soccer kids were killing it. I think 7-0. All was good, until one of them checked one of the non-soccer boys to show some dominance. So then I kinda jumped in and joined the team of the non soccer kids. Our team started scoring and soon tied.

Then leader of the soccer kids team literally started bawling crying because the teams were not fair. They quit the game when I reversed the goal posts as well.

This was all 8yr olds. It was hilarious.
which is why I said I can't comment on Senna and Prost - that was also pre F1 safety days so seemed like anything went.

Very confused at your story. No idea how it ties into what we are talking about.

I took a dump today. My son came in said Dad I have to go poop. so we pooped together. He was very proud of how big his poop was until he saw my poop. We then had a nice big laugh - until he pooped some more while lauging. Thank god for Bleach.



Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Leclerc is good. But no way Ferrari are going to put him next to Vettel just yet.

Kimi is doing fine. If Ferrari actually wanted him to win, he would almost certainly be leading Vettel.

Ferrari dont need a succession plan! they have a farm and two other teams training drivers for them (Sauber and Haas). Plus, they have the choice of any other driver who comes into the scene. It is a fact... unlike Red Bull, Ferrari can sign ANY driver, ANY time, with an offer they can't refuse.
Ferrari very much does need a succession plan - they have failed repeatedly in winning a championship due to not having a driver than can help them develop the car. The Ferrari is known to be one of the more difficult cars to drive and needs 2 very solid drivers to help develop it. It also needs a solid #2 to a #1, even though that can get blurred.

Getting a driver is not the same as getting a driver to help them win a championship.
Indocti Discant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #692
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuby04STi View Post
You cant really argue that. Just look at how the do anything, they just have different rules.

Know what they do when they sell a new "super car" or whatever label people toss around?

They let you know you are allowed to buy one if you want, then ask for a MASSIVE non-refundable deposit (you have ZERO clue on final price). Then after a year or three you get your car and can not sell it for a specific time period, and even then doing the "wrong thing" gets you removed from that "list" faster than you can blink.

Simply put they are Ferrari . . .
Yeah, it's not good for F1. For some reason, Ferrari has been really good at making it seem as if what's good for Ferrari is good for F1... but not really. What F1 needs is a fair contest. Including fair treatment to the venues, teams, manufacturers and everyone involved. It's far from it, but of course not easy to achieve.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #693
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indocti Discant View Post
urh source?

which is why I said I can't comment on Senna and Prost - that was also pre F1 safety days so seemed like anything went.

Very confused at your story. No idea how it ties into what we are talking about.

I took a dump today. My son came in said Dad I have to go poop. so we pooped together. He was very proud of how big his poop was until he saw my poop. We then had a nice big laugh - until he pooped some more while lauging. Thank god for Bleach.

Ferrari very much does need a succession plan - they have failed repeatedly in winning a championship due to not having a driver than can help them develop the car. The Ferrari is known to be one of the more difficult cars to drive and needs 2 very solid drivers to help develop it. It also needs a solid #2 to a #1, even though that can get blurred.

Getting a driver is not the same as getting a driver to help them win a championship.
The sources are there. Reliable sources. But... don't worry. Keep thinking what you're thinking.

Maybe you'll understand the story in 10-15 years. Please post back when you do. In the meantime.... try not to smell too much bleach; and specifically stay away from the Tide pods.

Nobody has a succession plan right now. Rules are changing in a couple of years and the only team with an agreement beyond 2020 is Renault.

Drivers don't design and develop the cars; you clearly have no idea how engineering works. Ferrari has failed at winning championships because for the past 10yrs or so other teams have had far better cars and engines. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lewis said last yr's Mercedes was a difficult car; a Primma donna car. Yet, it still won the championship. According to you, the Ferrari is a difficult car to drive, yet it's the fastest this season.... So how does this work again?

Having a solid No2 and No1 is definitely the best way to win championships. But you also need the best car; and time has proven over and over again, that the best car is by far more determining than the no1 and no2 arrangement. The whole team concept of F1 is a rubbish deal... I think F1 should get rid of that farce. The truth is both teammates are enemies unless one of them likes to come in second. There's no way around it. Something similar happens with customer teams and was the very reason Mclaren went with Honda rather than being a customer. The customer team will not beat the parent team for a championship. There's no way around it.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #694
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

I'm an engineer so Im pretty sure I have an idea of how it works. The engineering race is a big part of why I watch.

You have no argument. Yes there are dominant teams and always have been. If you don't like teams watch another sport.

If you think Alonso had his pick of teams, you're delusional. Bottom line is none of the top teams wanted him and some have even said why publicly.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:53 PM   #695
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
I'm an engineer so Im pretty sure I have an idea of how it works. The engineering race is a big part of why I watch.

You have no argument. Yes there are dominant teams and always have been. If you don't like teams watch another sport.

If you think Alonso had his pick of teams, you're delusional. Bottom line is none of the top teams wanted him and some have even said why publicly.
huh?

Who said there's no engineering??? There's a ton of engineering going on. But surprise surprise...... it's not the drivers doing it.

Who said I dont like teams? I think the team concept is rubbish. Because it's fake. ONly 1 guy can win, and two car. How can it be a teammate? it's an oxymoron or something.

Ohhhh Alonso burned his bridges NOW. That's one entirely different thing. Also, none of those teams need him now; but ALL those teams gave him an offer prior to the current state; plus who knows what went on now. See how Horner said Ricciardo went elsewhere because he cant take competition? or how Toto says both drivers are equal then says Bottas was the perfect wingman? or how Kimi's Renault seat had a misterious 'issue' as soon as he made it clear he was going to Ferrari?

Go ahead... keep believing what team principals say to reporters.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #696
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
huh?

Who said there's no engineering??? There's a ton of engineering going on. But surprise surprise...... it's not the drivers doing it.

Who said I dont like teams? I think the team concept is rubbish. Because it's fake. ONly 1 guy can win, and two car. How can it be a teammate? it's an oxymoron or something.

Ohhhh Alonso burned his bridges NOW. That's one entirely different thing. Also, none of those teams need him now; but ALL those teams gave him an offer prior to the current state; plus who knows what went on now. See how Horner said Ricciardo went elsewhere because he cant take competition? or how Toto says both drivers are equal then says Bottas was the perfect wingman? or how Kimi's Renault seat had a misterious 'issue' as soon as he made it clear he was going to Ferrari?

Go ahead... keep believing what team principals say to reporters.
Wow I can see where this is going...

If you don't think drivers have input on the car design I don't know what to tell you.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:37 PM   #697
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
Wow I can see where this is going...

If you don't think drivers have input on the car design I don't know what to tell you.
Don't worry. It's not you, it's me.

So Alonso had INCREDIBLE input in the 2 Renaults he got his WDC on... and magically; of course... the same quality input on the Mclaren he joined in for 2007 which was a straight winner? his input lasted through 2008 after he was gone.

Schumacher was THE BEST IN CAR DESIGN. So how come Mercedes, even after just having dominated the championship, couldn't get anything going for a few years with him on board. Maybe Schumacher's input helped design the Mercedes super KERS? Or was it Nico? That's explains why the Mercedes is so bad since he left. Oh no, wait... it's still solid.

So it's gotta be Lewis. His feedback was rubbish at Mclaren on his last couple of seasons there; but of course, only took one season in Mercedes and bam! magic driver input. Maybe he's so good all he needed was to provide aerodynamic feedback just from looking at the car, who needs testing.

Vettel.... how come the RB was dominant for his championships but not on his last yr? where did his input go wrong? Took him one season in RB to win a championship, but several yrs at Ferrari to catch up. His input seems to be much better now though; coincidentally, when Haas and Sauber also made significant gains. I call it the Vettel effect.

Button... I tell you, that BrawnGP championship car was all him. He said to Ross: Yo dawg everyone likes diffusers.... how about we put a diffuser, on the diffuser. #win. True story. I was there.

Kimi was in Renault for a couple yrs... what happened? because that car was just ok. Maybe his french is not too good. He's great at designing cars for Ferrari now though. Italian is definitely easier.

And the list goes on.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #698
elirentz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 70082
Join Date: Sep 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Davis, CA
Vehicle:
2016 SS, 02 s2k
06 Cayman S, 80cc shifter

Default

Obviously it's a collaboration the driver's don't make the whole thing. Don't be obtuse.

Remind me...what was the last winning car Alonso helped develop? Not Ferrari as they went downhill after his first year.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:57 PM   #699
F1EA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 448622
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
Obviously it's a collaboration the driver's don't make the whole thing. Don't be obtuse.

Remind me...what was the last winning car Alonso helped develop? Not Ferrari as they went downhill after his first year.
Drivers provide tons of input. On car and race set up.
Most of the engineering, engine and car design... the engineers carry on in wind tunnels and engine development facilities. In a galaxy far far away from where the drivers are.

Oh so Ferrari went downhill after his first year... downhill from where? from winning it all the couple of seasons before he got there? Lucky for Ferrari Alonso left.... with him all they were able to fight was 2nd place. With Vettel and Kimi all they have been fighting for has been...... ok. Bad argument.

If drivers designed cars they'd have cushioned seats, a/c and fewer buttons on the steering wheel.

BTW I am an engineer. Hydrotechnical engineer. I did my master's thesis at the univ of Delft Netherlands in computational fluid dynamics. The lab where I did my work has a full size wind tunnel and a few of my mates were aerospace engineers. But this didn't about being an engineer or not, I'm being a douche on purpose haha it's just more fun.

Drivers do help set up the cars, provide feedback, etc during the races. Also, engineers look at tons of data and typically, give a lot of feedback to the drivers as well. Remember why pit support got banned a couple of years ago? So of course, the cars are designed with everyone collaborating. Nobody is THAT dense; but Modern Formula 1 cars are designed by aerodynamicists and mechanical engineers (also electrical and chemical (tyres) engineers). Not drivers.

Last edited by F1EA; 08-18-2018 at 12:35 AM.
F1EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:37 AM   #700
Indocti Discant
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138000
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: et ament meminisse periti
Vehicle:
Buy Nate's coffee
west coast roasting

Default

I'm so confused. How does positive discourse almost always devolve into such inane and abusive conversation?
Indocti Discant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.