Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday February 19, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
SharpByCoop
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 199906
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 Infiniti G37S
World's quickest: 11.13"

Default '06 STI • 10.85 Junior Driving - 93oct, Full weight, Street tires, TheShopCT

Car: 2006 STI – 2.5L
Tuner/Shop: Junior2JZ / The Shop, Norwalk, CT
Dyno Info: Dyno Dynamics (1.2 CF)
Peak HP at RPM: 494hp @ 7000rpm

Place: Atco Dragway, NJ
Date/Conditions: 04/17/10, 70Ί

Fuel: 93oct Sunoco unleaded pump

Engine block: Headway Performance cast iron sleeved, O-ring & balanced
Pistons: Wiseco HD
Rods: Manley Turbo-Tuff
Oil pump: Cosworth
Engine bolts/Studs: ARP
Cyl heads: OEM Valves & ports. Decked surfaces
Cams: Kelford 272 w/valve springs

Intake manifold: 2007 w/ TGV deletes
Injectors: 1000cc w/Perrin fuel rails
Turbo: Rotated HTA3582 (GT35R) w/.82 exhaust housing, HTA: Aluminum compressor rotor
Exhaust: Perrin EL header & Greddy 3” catback
Tial EWG – internal reroute
Synchronic BOV – internal reroute
AMR FMIC w/intake plumbing
AEM Standalone EMS Computer
Catch cans: Oil/Crawford, Coolant/AMR
Reverse Hood sCoop vents :^)

Clutch/Flywheel: Clutchmaster Stage IV / Aluminum
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza 245/50x17
Trans: 2007 STI 6-spd trans (longer ratios)

So we have been planning this excursion to a track rental for a month. We were gifted with good weather, and a well-prepared track. There were about 20 cars, and about 6-8 of them were from The Shop or related.

John (BUILTSTI) Visconti, Andrew, and I left at 6:30am and both drove 2.5 hours to arrive.

I dug right in on my first pass with my best to date: 11.16 @125. Try as I may I could not best this ET after successive trials.

Junior was there for the The Shop, and had his hands full advising all kinds of projects. I asked him to take a break and put his other skillz to work as a driver.

It took a few passes, but he finally got the hang of my car, and proceeded to Show me the Money. A rare sighting: Watch it unfold below.

This was fun. I left with a broken axle, but breakage is part of the ballgame. I'll return for my own 10-second timecard soon enough. In the meanwhile, I'm pleased.

BIG Thanks to Jimmy at The Shop for co-ordinating this event and for his relentless help and customer satisfaction. No one outperforms his work!

Coop
SharpByCoop is offline   Reply With Quote