Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday November 27, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
etsola
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 484839
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2009 STI
White

Default 09 STI pulling inside the curve when letting off throttle

Hi there,

I'm new to those STI's and long story short :

When in a curve and maintaining speed with more or less throttle, if I let off the gas pedal, the car pulls towards the inside of the curve... Regardless of I'm turning left or right...

Is it normal with the declaration settings in the diff? DCCD is set to auto without any "+" or "-" set.

Possible that I have an aftermarket diff without knowing (history of the car is not available as it a "stolen the recovered" car)?

Just concerned it might me something in the transmission or diffs...

Car was just aligned by reputable shop since installed coilovers.

Thanks
etsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
DrD
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22412
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Legacy 2.5GT
Ice Silver Metallic

lift-off or snap oversteer is pretty common - haven't driven an STi to see how different it is than other cars, though. For the DCCD, maybe more forward bias would help? Also, not quickly lifting off the throttle on corners helps, too...
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
Rexy18
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500337

Double post
Rexy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #4
Rexy18
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500337

I have same issue. Pulls only when rolling off throttle or brakes. But i also have a bad wheel bearing i suspect due to the noise i hear at 45-50 and most pronounced at 60-65mph. Today i will attempt to replace the front R bearing hub with the hub i took off the front L yesterday when i installed a new bearing hub there. It did not change the noise at all.

I hit a pot hole on hwy months ago and it was brutal. It only ended up ruining my front R tire (bubble on side/edge), or so i thought. Now i suspect it killed my bearing. I just got around to realizing/hearing the hum.

And then it may not be the bearing at all thats pulling but something bent? Or else? Will post back to let you know how it goes.
Rexy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #5
etsola
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
White

Alright, thanks for the input guys
Old 11-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #6
frankr2994
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527590

This is almost always caused by something in the suspension moving. alignment may be dead on until your in decel. check all your bushings very close. Another thing you can try If you want to rule out say a tight bearing or brakes dragging is to pop it in neutral going through a turn when you lift off the gas. with no drivetrain decel happening the suspension should stay neutral. If you have something physically binding and dragging you to the side it will still be there. With your scenario I'd be money that something in the suspension has a little too much movement going on. If you can't find anything have a friend watch your wheels as you roll back and forth getting on the brakes. watch for a wheel to have excessive movement as you stop. doesn't have to be a blown out bushing to cause a problem.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
etsola
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2009 STI
White

Good idea. I'll try that
Thanks