Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday May 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
chrisc75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183729
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: delran, nj
Vehicle:
07 sti
swp ///95 m3/ 94 supra tt

Default anyone eles having a hard time getting ahold of precision tuning?

first off id like to just start off by saying im in no way bashing them or trying to make them look bad or give them a bad name. and they will be the only guys tunning my car

my problem is that i just have tried emailing them numerous times and called the shop twice and don't really get any response back. like does anyone know if they don't really read there emails or something? i just have a few questions before going for my tune and i just feel like if your not ready to tune they don't really respond back.

anyone eles having this problem?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chrisc75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
filwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 151284
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2001 2.5rs
silver

Default

They are swamped over there. Someone from Precision should chime in on this thread soon. It's frustrating but they are great people.
filwrx is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
chrisc75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183729
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: delran, nj
Vehicle:
07 sti
swp ///95 m3/ 94 supra tt

Default

ya i know they are thats why im just trying to reach out to them but like i mean ive sent emails that were months apart..still nothing maybe its cuz im on stock wheels LOL
chrisc75 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
stryfewrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38732
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NY Tri-state
Default

It's tough, but try messaging on AIM around 8:30-9AM. I get quicker responses on AIM then the phone
stryfewrx is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
maxpowr
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159243
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: medford nj 08055
Vehicle:
sg3 Turbo Tek Tuned
Hakt Ecu e85 30r 6spd

Default

drive there chris...they are still in business and business is best discussed in person isn't it? its about an hours drive for you. stock wheels thats funnee your cars a beast.
maxpowr is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
chrisc75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183729
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: delran, nj
Vehicle:
07 sti
swp ///95 m3/ 94 supra tt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowr View Post
drive there chris...they are still in business and business is best discussed in person isn't it? its about an hours drive for you. stock wheels thats funnee your cars a beast.

haha i kno the stock wheels thing is alil inside joke haha but ya i wish i could drive there i go to school 5 days a week in westchester pa lol
chrisc75 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
RedRex26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 133418
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: middle of no where
Vehicle:
2006 DOM3 XTR WRX TR
SRR 407whp 365wtq ppg'd

Default

keep trying like someone mentioned previously they are swamped right now trust me i know i was tuned about a week ago and they were mad busy try the aim thing thats how i was able to get a hold of them. like any other busy business sometimes its hard to get to the phones and answer emails trust me i know lol
RedRex26 is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
BuggeyEYED
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 101691
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
97 Supra TT
SOLD - 35r bug/hawkeye

Default

keep calling or IM (Precisiontuning1)...very busy over there right now
BuggeyEYED is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
filwrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 151284
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2001 2.5rs
silver

Default

If no one from Precision answers you here you can always try this. http://www.precisiontuning.com/06/
filwrx is offline  
Old 06-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
dksdsmn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99272
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: bloomfield ,nj
Vehicle:
DsR '02 WRX,'92 SVX
MBP, grayish silver...

Default

yea i can def. vouch as to how busy they are, they are working on my hotmess of a bugeye right now, lol, just give them some time and they will get back to you... also understand that they are one of the only reputable shops in the tristate(actually more than reputable, they do great work ), so you gotta understand the kind of buisness they get... if you live a reasonable distance away your best bet is to just swing by personally and take care of it in person. and you will see for yourself how busy the shop is. if you think about it them being busy is a good sign that means people want them to do their work and that they do good work... theres my 2 cents...
dksdsmn is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
cpunlamd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151360
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Manalapan, NJ
Vehicle:
2007 STI RIP
CZ4A/R35

Default

I see this problem frequently myself. No one ever picks up the phone or returns phone calls (when you leave a message). Im 100% sure they are busy, but isnt that why Rich's wife works the front desk?
cpunlamd is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
cpunlamd
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151360
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Manalapan, NJ
Vehicle:
2007 STI RIP
CZ4A/R35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowr View Post
drive there chris...they are still in business and business is best discussed in person isn't it? its about an hours drive for you. stock wheels thats funnee your cars a beast.
Dont be rediculous. Its better to consult them over the phone prior to driving an hour (each way).
cpunlamd is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
txswrx20
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 152398
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STi SWP
Precision built w/dom3xtr

Default

if u cannt get through to them on the phone try posting on their forum http://www.precisiontuning.com/forum/index.php. like previously stated they are really busy.
txswrx20 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
Precision Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 38696
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Lakewood, NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
White

Default

I am sorry if we have not gotten back to you in a timely manner. We are very busy at the moment, and we must take car of the customers whose cars are in the shop first. We do our best to grab the phone every time it rings, but we get more than 200 phone calls a day. If each phone call is only 5 minutes,and most are much longer, it adds up to almost twice as many hours as a normal person works in a day. We have 4 phone lines, and often 3 of us are on the phones at the same time. We are doing our best.


We are lucky enough to have a thriving business in a challenging economy. We are working on getting back to people more quickly. Melo is spending time upfront everyday to help with the mass of emails and the phones as well. One of the biggest problems we run into is people that are only using us for our knowledge, and have no intentions of buying anything or having a service performed. They waste an incredible amounts of our time, and prevent us from getting to the our actual customers. Building a car for someone over the phone can be a very long process as you can imagine, and trying to do this with 3 other lines ringing can be downright maddening. Doing this face to face is a much better idea, and one that we may very well implement.

We several emails that you can use, we have our own forum on our website, we have instant messenger and 4 phone lines. Sometimes it may take us more than 30 seconds to answer an email. We try to get back to emails within 24 hours. We try to return phone messages within 24hours.

We are doing our best.

Rich
Precision Tuning is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
4or2wheels
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 14112
Join Date: Jan 2002
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
2010 STI DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Tuning View Post
I am sorry if we have not gotten back to you in a timely manner. We are very busy at the moment, and we must take car of the customers whose cars are in the shop first. We do our best to grab the phone every time it rings, but we get more than 200 phone calls a day. If each phone call is only 5 minutes,and most are much longer, it adds up to almost twice as many hours as a normal person works in a day. We have 4 phone lines, and often 3 of us are on the phones at the same time. We are doing our best.


We are lucky enough to have a thriving business in a challenging economy. We are working on getting back to people more quickly. Melo is spending time upfront everyday to help with the mass of emails and the phones as well. One of the biggest problems we run into is people that are only using us for our knowledge, and have no intentions of buying anything or having a service performed. They waste an incredible amounts of our time, and prevent us from getting to the our actual customers. Building a car for someone over the phone can be a very long process as you can imagine, and trying to do this with 3 other lines ringing can be downright maddening. Doing this face to face is a much better idea, and one that we may very well implement.

We several emails that you can use, we have our own forum on our website, we have instant messenger and 4 phone lines. Sometimes it may take us more than 30 seconds to answer an email. We try to get back to emails within 24 hours. We try to return phone messages within 24hours.

We are doing our best.

Rich
You know it would have been nice if you got back to me after I had a problem with the 1400$ tune up you gave me. Yeah, I am still disappointed with you guys a year later. That kind of money for a days work, and no return call.

Mitch
4or2wheels is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #16
chrisc75
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 183729
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: delran, nj
Vehicle:
07 sti
swp ///95 m3/ 94 supra tt

Default

ya like ive said ive sent email that were months aparts and never got a response in 30 secs..actually never got a response at all LOL it doesnt effect me tho now that ur saying people are using you for you knowledge..ya ur right all my emails were to get be prepd for me to get tuned because i dont feel like having a set up done and then gettin there and having problems..for one you guys told me u really only mess with aquamist kits..well i did use u for ur knowledge and sold my kit to buy what u guys preferred since i was planning on u guys doing all my tunning..i understand ur busy and like i said in the first line that i was never trying to put a bad names on ur guys or bash you but if your gonna come here and say u return ur emails or u dont respond to your emails because u think people are using you and arnt gonna spend money at your shop then i think im probly gonna have to look eles where even tho cleo was the only guy i had set to tune my new setup
chrisc75 is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
Precision Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 38696
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Lakewood, NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4or2wheels View Post
You know it would have been nice if you got back to me after I had a problem with the 1400$ tune up you gave me. Yeah, I am still disappointed with you guys a year later. That kind of money for a days work, and no return call.

Mitch
Obviously I never got the message Mitch. I can't imagine any reason I wouldn't call you back. I certainly never minded waiting at the shop for you to come down after hours because you couldn't get there during normal hours. I wish you would have called a second time.

Rich
Precision Tuning is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Precision Tuning
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 38696
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Lakewood, NJ
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc75 View Post
ya like ive said ive sent email that were months aparts and never got a response in 30 secs..actually never got a response at all LOL it doesnt effect me tho now that ur saying people are using you for you knowledge..ya ur right all my emails were to get be prepd for me to get tuned because i dont feel like having a set up done and then gettin there and having problems..for one you guys told me u really only mess with aquamist kits..well i did use u for ur knowledge and sold my kit to buy what u guys preferred since i was planning on u guys doing all my tunning..i understand ur busy and like i said in the first line that i was never trying to put a bad names on ur guys or bash you but if your gonna come here and say u return ur emails or u dont respond to your emails because u think people are using you and arnt gonna spend money at your shop then i think im probly gonna have to look eles where even tho cleo was the only guy i had set to tune my new setup
You are misreading what was written. It's not people that come here, its people that do not, and people that never have any intention of doing so. Please don't take offense unnecessarily. That has nothing to do with emails, it is part of what is causing issues with the phones. We spend too many hours on the phone causing us to miss phone calls and emails from people like you. That is the problem, and we are working on it. There are only so many hours in the day and we need to find a way to spend more time with our actual customers.

RIch
Precision Tuning is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
JohnST2k6k
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 178465
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2006 WRB STI
Precision Built and Tuned

Default

I dont think Rich was attacking YOU per se chris. I simply think that he is saying that in the shops courtesy they answer most of the questions asked on the phone. When people are saying... O im losing boost what could it be (over a million things) They help and try and diaganos it, when all the person is going to do it go to google and type in, How to fix blah blah, and then do it themselves. This does absoulutly NOTHING for PT. They just spent time on the phone with costumers they thought might use them but had never any intentions. In your posts you show true intent of using the shops services. I am sure they have NO problem in helping you over the phone if you intend to use them as a shop.

They are a good shop and are very busy. Worth the wait IMO.
JohnST2k6k is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
dksdsmn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99272
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: bloomfield ,nj
Vehicle:
DsR '02 WRX,'92 SVX
MBP, grayish silver...

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnST2k6k View Post
I dont think Rich was attacking YOU per se chris. I simply think that he is saying that in the shops courtesy they answer most of the questions asked on the phone. When people are saying... O im losing boost what could it be (over a million things) They help and try and diaganos it, when all the person is going to do it go to google and type in, How to fix blah blah, and then do it themselves. This does absoulutly NOTHING for PT. They just spent time on the phone with costumers they thought might use them but had never any intentions. In your posts you show true intent of using the shops services. I am sure they have NO problem in helping you over the phone if you intend to use them as a shop.

They are a good shop and are very busy. Worth the wait IMO.


+1 to that, rich has always helped me and answered any ques. i had, even when im there at the shop he is always surrounded by people or phone calls asking ques. (including me, sorry rich) thats not even including the cars they have that are getting worked on in the shop. just hang in there guys.
dksdsmn is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
02h20
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 130079
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Precision Tuning Built
Vehicle:

Default

If people just took some time to actually go to the shop to see how busy it was they would understand. They have forgotten to call me like prob. other people. But I have been there and understand if it slipped or it was forgotten.

George
02h20 is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
Mulder
Trust no one
Moderator
 
Member#: 11170
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02h20 View Post
If people just took some time to actually go to the shop to see how busy it was they would understand. They have forgotten to call me like prob. other people. But I have been there and understand if it slipped or it was forgotten.

George
Um, ok but there was no need to bump this thread now since it is a month old.
Mulder is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone know user shiro_ki? trying to get ahold of him KevinD South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 15 01-06-2009 07:00 PM
Anyone have a hard time getting nabisco going this morning? DrDRum Off-Topic 7 05-01-2006 09:30 AM
Anyone else have a hard time NOT calling people by their screen names at meets?? Davenow New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC 16 06-22-2004 04:48 PM
Anyone else having a hard time this semester? WRX Power Off-Topic 1 02-03-2004 01:11 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.