Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
Matters3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 476838
Default Jdm ej205 swap into 02 usdm wrx

I was about to dissect the jdm intake harness for the avcs, then i noticed these two sensors on the jdm heads that my usdm motor/harness does not have. Can anybody tell me what they are. Im about to just say screw it and use the jdm harness and intake.
Matters3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Matters3
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matters3 View Post
I was about to dissect the jdm intake harness for the avcs, then i noticed these two sensors on the jdm heads that my usdm motor/harness does not have. Can anybody tell me what they are. Im about to just say screw it and use the jdm harness and intake.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Matters3
Scooby Newbie

Also, these appear to be 2.5 heads
Old 11-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
DaltonSR20DET
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 125414
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
05 Oh-Five Rex
WRB XPT Stage II

Default AVCS sensors.

The JDM AVCS heads do appear appear like the 2.5 heads. If you remove the front timing belt covers, the AVCS gears look closely like the USDM AVCS gears but are actually different.

The 4 sensors you circled all belong to the AVCS. The sensors towards the front of the motor is the AVCS solenoid, obviously one on each side. The sensor towards the back of the motor is a rear cam angle sensor.

If you were to buy an IAP AVCS wiring kit, there will be 4 plugs that connect straight to these sensors and the other end repins at the ECU.
DaltonSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
SubiBug101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 452466
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Platinum Silver

Doing the same swap with the same motor in my 03 wrx. As for the h25 heads, i stumbled upon this thread ...

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...&highlight=h25

look at the 1st page, 2nd post by fuji, under the second picture and you see the piston dish on this head is 92mm making them 2.0 heads.

As for the solenoid and sensors, dalton is right. I personally went with a v7 wiring harness on my intake and throttle body to cut my wiring hassles in half. But will have to still do the bulkhead wiring from IAP to get the engine harness to communicate with my v8 ecu. Idk what car you have but if you have a drive by cable car you will have to buy the electronic throttle and all parts in between that and the throttle body to get that wiring harness to work.

PM me if you have questions and i will do my best to help!
SubiBug101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:27 AM   #6
ppad8885
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478278
Default 02 N/A Bugeye

I have acquired a 02 bugeye N/A. Not wrx. Just the N/A sedan. A buddy of mine has the entire v7 207 jdm sti setup that he is willing to sell me, which also already has the front mounted intercooler ect ect. I am mechanically inclined, and like the idea of the project, this vehicle is not running as of now, nor am I rushing to get it running. It is intended to be a project. Someone hit me with THE LIST, for this conversion. I like the idea of the JDM v7. No dccd. I like the idea of the sleeper look, and I love the idea of the supremely underpriced insurance afterwards. I plan on replacing most of the linkages, upgrade to coilovers, subframes, perrin mounts ect ECT, but I have access to all of the sti parts. Thanks for any and all that can help.
ppad8885 is offline   Reply With Quote