Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 21, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #2901
Saab2Sub
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474630
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusson View Post
Considering placing an order for a 2018 STI Limited. Curious how the community's dealership experience was overall and whether or not they were able to budge on pricing? Where any of you presented with upcharges or "fees" at the time of delivery? Especially interested to hear from Bay Area owners and which dealerships you worked with.

Thanks!
I didn't order through them, but try out Carlsen in RWC. Larry Fung at Carlsen helped me out with some research information on a recent purchase of a WRX. I dont know how much discount he would give on an STI, but he was offering me 700 below invoice on WRX orders. His price for the trim I wanted was more than 1k lower than any comparable WRX in the Bay Area. I can send you his email address if you're interested in contacting him.
If you're interested to know, I ultimately bought my car at Putnam in Burlingame
Saab2Sub is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #2902
sebtown20
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469876
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusson View Post
Considering placing an order for a 2018 STI Limited. Curious how the community's dealership experience was overall and whether or not they were able to budge on pricing? Where any of you presented with upcharges or "fees" at the time of delivery? Especially interested to hear from Bay Area owners and which dealerships you worked with.

Thanks!
I ordered my 18 wrx limited through Albany Subaru, near Berkeley, Mike Rise is the sales manager, got great price, $600 below invoice and options at invoice price. Solid service, small dealership with limited supply on site, but was easy to place an order.
sebtown20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #2903
rolivo89
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 473177

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURUTOO View Post
NW Burbs of Chicago.

It's crazy how many factors play into when we are getting our cars. The order and tracking process is a definite opportunity for improvement for SOA.
Did you happen to order from Grand Subaru? Cause that's where I ordered my STI Limited from. Ordered 7/24, still no VIN.
rolivo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:15 AM   #2904
BURUTOO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349400
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolivo89 View Post
Did you happen to order from Grand Subaru? Cause that's where I ordered my STI Limited from. Ordered 7/24, still no VIN.

Yup sure did. It took a long time to get my VIN. closer to actual delivery like others have reported.
BURUTOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM   #2905
sebtown20
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469876
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Yup sure did. It took a long time to get my VIN. closer to actual delivery like others have reported.
Yup, my order date was 6/24 and I got my vin yesterday with delivery set for 10/6. Wide variety of dates for everything... Atleast the wait is worth it! I'm in the bay area.
sebtown20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM   #2906
Omicron7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326837

Quote:
Same for me. Ordered WRX Premium on 7/1/17. Received the VON during the order process. Never received any emails from Subaru even though email address was entered during the order.

Got a phone call from the dealer on 9/15 saying they had a VIN and and the car should be at the dealer on 9/26. These last few days seem to be getting longer and longer. Can't wait for it to finally arrive.
Omicron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #2907
BURUTOO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349400
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron7 View Post
Same for me. Ordered WRX Premium on 7/1/17. Received the VON during the order process. Never received any emails from Subaru even though email address was entered during the order.

Got a phone call from the dealer on 9/15 saying they had a VIN and and the car should be at the dealer on 9/26. These last few days seem to be getting longer and longer. Can't wait for it to finally arrive.
Very cool! not long now. I will say these last few days have felt the longest. LOL
BURUTOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #2908
Rutmike81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 445965

I Keep seeing all these wait times of months. Wouldn't it be easier to just call around to a few dealers to see what colors / options they have on the lot? For my 16, I was able to find what I wanted in about 20 min 15 miles away? Plus you'll get a better deal. Every dealer around me has plenty of 18's on the lot.

not exactly talking about an exotic here.
Rutmike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #2909
bwilson7990
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 443635
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutmike81 View Post
I Keep seeing all these wait times of months. Wouldn't it be easier to just call around to a few dealers to see what colors / options they have on the lot? For my 16, I was able to find what I wanted in about 20 min 15 miles away? Plus you'll get a better deal. Every dealer around me has plenty of 18's on the lot.

not exactly talking about an exotic here.
Depends how badly you want the configuration you desire and where you live. That wasn't the case a very short time ago. When I ordered there were like 5 18's on lots within 50 miles and they were all base models, none in the color I wanted.
bwilson7990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #2910
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460881
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Yeah it's all about the configuration and how flexible you are. In my case, I wanted a 6 speed limited in silver. None around in silver in that spec. I could have changed colors, but when you're dropping $30k+, I'd personally rather wait some time, save up more money, and get exactly what I want. And like Bwilson said, not exactly a huge supply to choose from of 18's just yet, at least where I am.
LeMikeJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #2911
Rutmike81
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 445965

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMikeJames View Post
Yeah it's all about the configuration and how flexible you are. In my case, I wanted a 6 speed limited in silver. None around in silver in that spec. I could have changed colors, but when you're dropping $30k+, I'd personally rather wait some time, save up more money, and get exactly what I want. And like Bwilson said, not exactly a huge supply to choose from of 18's just yet, at least where I am.
Makes sense, I guess I was lucky being able to find my package and color.
Rutmike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #2912
John Stark
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469345

Finally my wrx limited is in ordered 6-28 picking it up this sat!
John Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #2913
bwilson7990
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 443635
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutmike81 View Post
Makes sense, I guess I was lucky being able to find my package and color.
Which is?
bwilson7990 is offline   Reply With Quote