Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267996
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

Default Cobb accessport map

Hi

I run a ap stage 1 91 octane on my wrx 11

So far everything as been sweet. Lunch control as been set to 3500 rpm so I won't go too far while I'm stopped.

My problem is today, I was at a light, I press the gas a little too hard while I'm at a complete stop and the car rev pass 5000

My question is, how can I be sure what map I run if the Cobb it not connect to the car. I know the ap add power ( about 10%) but for everyday is some what subtle.

I really don't what to have any cable floating around in my car. So I won't ever leave it connect

Thanks for the input
Syrius78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrius78 View Post
Hi

I run a ap stage 1 91 octane on my wrx 11

So far everything as been sweet. Lunch control as been set to 3500 rpm so I won't go too far while I'm stopped.

My problem is today, I was at a light, I press the gas a little too hard while I'm at a complete stop and the car rev pass 5000

My question is, how can I be sure what map I run if the Cobb it not connect to the car. I know the ap add power ( about 10%) but for everyday is some what subtle.

I really don't what to have any cable floating around in my car. So I won't ever leave it connect

Thanks for the input
You can view the current reflash and realtime maps via the Tune -> Show Current Map menu on the AccessPORT.

Keep in mind that launch control will not be active if the clutch is out. So, if you were in neutral and had the clutch out, it will not come into play.

Also, your LC and FFS thresholds set via the AccessPORT can be reset to the default if you reflash a new map, reset the ECU via AccessPORT or disconnect the car's battery. The default RPM thresholds for our OTS maps is to disable both of these features. If this happens because you performed any of the above operations, simply go back into the AccessPORT and change your LC and FFS thresholds to what you desire.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

Thanks for the quick input

I may have been in neutral, will check on my next run.

Thanks a lot
Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

I test drive it and here what i've done

I reflash the stage 1 91 map, then i change the lunch control to 3500 rpm and press ok. Then i shut down the car, unplug the AP. I start the car, remove the parking brake, put the car in 1st gear, the clutch pedal is on the floor, and i tap the gas. I went to 5000 rpm right away.

I don't understand why it's not working.

When the ap is connected to the car, no problem with lunch control, it's working fine.

Do you have any idea?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrius78 View Post
I test drive it and here what i've done

I reflash the stage 1 91 map, then i change the lunch control to 3500 rpm and press ok. Then i shut down the car, unplug the AP. I start the car, remove the parking brake, put the car in 1st gear, the clutch pedal is on the floor, and i tap the gas. I went to 5000 rpm right away.

I don't understand why it's not working.

When the ap is connected to the car, no problem with lunch control, it's working fine.

Do you have any idea?
When you reflash a map, reset the ECU or disconnect the car's battery, you will have to start the car first before setting the LC/FFS thresholds with AP. It is only that first start after doing any of the above operations. Otherwise, you can set the LC/FFS thresholds at any time with AP with the engine on or off. The AP does not have to be connected for LC/FFS to work.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

I try your method step by step and it did not work

But I found a way to make it work. I install on my pc you racetuner software, load the stage 1 91 octane map, but change only one thing, the lunch control at 3500.

I install the map and everything seem perfect.

Thanks fort he help
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
BlackBeautysti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299433
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru STI
Black Paint Black Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrius78
I try your method step by step and it did not work

But I found a way to make it work. I install on my pc you racetuner software, load the stage 1 91 octane map, but change only one thing, the lunch control at 3500.

I install the map and everything seem perfect.

Thanks fort he help
Do u know how to change maf calibration ?
BlackBeautysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
Syrius78
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Wrx
Rallye blue

Nope

Way to advance for me, sorry