Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 15, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-20-2017, 09:56 AM   #451
RC Pilot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashyaddy View Post
A question, if skid plates are put on a car can a dealer make them be taken off before warranty work is done?
Thanks
Al

Assuming aftermarket skid plates that are not a dealer installed option then yes; provided if it is required to perform the warranty work needed. That, or they may charge you labor (not covered by warranty) to remove and reinstall them, but the default position will be to have you remove them which eliminates them having any liability for the skid plates in the future.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2017, 01:54 AM   #452
Gbnalx18
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479665
Vehicle:
2018 Subaru
Silver

It's great to see this information! I added an accessport and intake to my 2018 Wrx because of the differences in drivability. I initially thought I'd have to just count on Subaru's reliability. Even though I trust Subaru products I understand nothing is perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Gbnalx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #453
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbnalx18 View Post
It's great to see this information! I added an accessport and intake to my 2018 Wrx because of the differences in drivability. I initially thought I'd have to just count on Subaru's reliability. Even though I trust Subaru products I understand nothing is perfect. Thanks for sharing!
they can't void your entire warranty, but you can have service denial based on the accessport and intake.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #454
carbob08
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483082
Vehicle:
2018 Outback 2.5i

The dealers sure like to find any reason to deny work. I had them complain that the window tint caused the door seals to leak. Of course I pushed back immediately and the work is now in progress! Be persistent, that seems to help.
carbob08 is offline   Reply With Quote