Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday January 22, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #2701
yamahaSHO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73932
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver
Vehicle:
2005 STi EFR 6758
04 S2000 EFR 7064

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
you positive you hardwired your FPR right? The GD's are different than my GR but I believe my tuner had to set it to be 100% in the tune all the time.


I set your FPDC to 100% so you wouldn't have any chance of the pump kicking off on you when you go from 100% down to 33%.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
yamahaSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #2702
pearson222
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393782
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2004 WRX EWG E85
2006 RPW STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
you positive you hardwired your FP right?
Yes I am running a relay that is triggered using the oem fpc --> fuel pump + wire and then sending power directly from the relay -> pump. The fpc still thinks that it is doing its job regulating the fuel pump duty but the pump is always running @ 100%. Figured that it would be the cleanest way to install as it prevents any cel's and is easy to revert back to oem. You can def hear the 450 running as soon as the key is turned before starting the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qukSti07 View Post
Do you use the factory bulkhead fitting to send the power to the pump?
I saw a large jump in amperage when I added a separate bulkhead fitting to run 10G wiring directly to the pump.
I retained the oem fitting and spliced my 10ga + wire into the oem + wire 2" from where the connector terminates.
pearson222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #2703
pearson222
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393782
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2004 WRX EWG E85
2006 RPW STi

Default

Hardwiring the pump increased my fuel pressure from 50psi to 60psi. I reset the regulator to 50psi and logged some pulls and I am hitting the same IDC as running the pump through the FPC...
pearson222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #2704
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Woodland Hills
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson222 View Post
Hardwiring the pump increased my fuel pressure from 50psi to 60psi. I reset the regulator to 50psi and logged some pulls and I am hitting the same IDC as running the pump through the FPC...
AFRs remained the same?
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:58 PM   #2705
pearson222
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393782
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2004 WRX EWG E85
2006 RPW STi

Default

My Fuelab fpr ended up being the culprit of my high IDC's. Fuel pressure wasnt raising at 1:1 with boost causing it to run lean above 10psi. New FPR swapped in and my idc's are sitting at 79-79% at peak boost (26psi)
pearson222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:03 PM   #2706
pearson222
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393782
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Vehicle:
2004 WRX EWG E85
2006 RPW STi

Default

I am experiencing some issues with holding target boost. As soon as I hit target boost I am dropping to ~20psi. I am running a 7163 with the BW 3-port bcsv and turbosmart 2-port IWG. Attached is a 3rd gear pull.

https://datazap.me/u/pearson222/log-...og=0&data=8-22
pearson222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #2707
yamahaSHO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73932
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Denver
Vehicle:
2005 STi EFR 6758
04 S2000 EFR 7064

Default

This is an easy one.. Compare your WGDC to mine.



However, I'm only to guess what your "target boost" is.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 12-31-2018 at 04:12 PM.
yamahaSHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #2708
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson222 View Post
I am experiencing some issues with holding target boost. As soon as I hit target boost I am dropping to ~20psi. I am running a 7163 with the BW 3-port bcsv and turbosmart 2-port IWG. Attached is a 3rd gear pull.

https://datazap.me/u/pearson222/log-...og=0&data=8-22
Whats spring is the wg? You could always give it a bit more preload and see what happens. Of course checking the wgdc would be a wise move too.
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:06 PM   #2709
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Is anyone running the OEM hard line with built in restrictor as the oil supply line for their EFR?

This would be a single source oil supply off the back of the RH head, and it does not connect to the RH AVCS oil line circuit.
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #2710
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXREALTOR View Post
Is anyone running the OEM hard line with built in restrictor as the oil supply line for their EFR?

This would be a single source oil supply off the back of the RH head, and it does not connect to the RH AVCS oil line circuit.
is that what you're running now?

I am replacing my oil feed as I noticed it was leaking. I was running a 4AN to banjo fitting, 4AN hose to the feed on top.

Decided to just run an M12x1.25 to 4AN metric adapter and not deal with the banjo anymore.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #2711
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
is that what you're running now?

I am replacing my oil feed as I noticed it was leaking. I was running a 4AN to banjo fitting, 4AN hose to the feed on top.

Decided to just run an M12x1.25 to 4AN metric adapter and not deal with the banjo anymore.
I like that idea. Where are you sourcing your fitting?
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #2712
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXREALTOR View Post
I like that idea. Where are you sourcing your fitting?
Treadstone performance

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...F+Crush+Washer
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #2713
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
Nice. Thx.

Does anyone know of or have any ideas on getting a rotated up/down pipe for the b2 frames besides full race?
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #2714
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXREALTOR View Post
Nice. Thx.

Does anyone know of or have any ideas on getting a rotated up/down pipe for the b2 frames besides full race?
BNM Performance Fab will fab up whatever you need, just need to send him an exhaust housing. He's the one who made my one off EFR rotated V-band kit.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #2715
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
BNM Performance Fab will fab up whatever you need, just need to send him an exhaust housing. He's the one who made my one off EFR rotated V-band kit.
Nice. What did that cost you? He didn't need your exhaust manifold?
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #2716
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXREALTOR View Post
Nice. What did that cost you? He didn't need your exhaust manifold?
$1000. He asked what manifold I was using, since I was using stock he didn't need it.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:57 PM   #2717
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
$1000. He asked what manifold I was using, since I was using stock he didn't need it.
How long did it take? Was he on time with his time estimate?

Full Race is giving me the run around and, at this point, I don't want anything to do with them.
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #2718
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXREALTOR View Post
How long did it take? Was he on time with his time estimate?

Full Race is giving me the run around and, at this point, I don't want anything to do with them.
not at all. He told me 6-8 weeks, which for me was fine cause I wasn't really ready to put the kit on anyway. I still needed the turbo

That was July 2017. I asked him in Sept 2017 what was going on, and he said he was super busy and backed up and to give him a couple more weeks.

I asked him again in November and he said he was really sorry, and that he took on more than he could chew and he needed my exhaust housing. So I had it drop shipped to him in early December. 3 weeks later, I had my kit at my door.

Evan is a good guy, and his stuff is good quality. but he was taking on more work than he could handle and he had some other personal issues.

Take that as you will, I think the main issue was he had never done an EFR setup before as all his customers generally run Garrett Turbos.

YMMV, as I've had other people tell me they have had their kits within 2 or 3 weeks.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #2719
PDXREALTOR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 468393
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PDX OREGON
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddlz View Post
not at all. He told me 6-8 weeks, which for me was fine cause I wasn't really ready to put the kit on anyway. I still needed the turbo

That was July 2017. I asked him in Sept 2017 what was going on, and he said he was super busy and backed up and to give him a couple more weeks.

I asked him again in November and he said he was really sorry, and that he took on more than he could chew and he needed my exhaust housing. So I had it drop shipped to him in early December. 3 weeks later, I had my kit at my door.

Evan is a good guy, and his stuff is good quality. but he was taking on more work than he could handle and he had some other personal issues.

Take that as you will, I think the main issue was he had never done an EFR setup before as all his customers generally run Garrett Turbos.

YMMV, as I've had other people tell me they have had their kits within 2 or 3 weeks.
Thanks for that info. Normally I'm pretty easy going and roll with it, but, I made it clear to Full Race I was in a time sensitive and they assured me of their time frame. I then caught them in a lie during their 'excuse making' process so - I'm done with them.

Turns out - Perrin has a full rotated EFR kit up/down and all connections. Turbos can be had on Amazon for over 200.00 less than Full Race too.

Even though I'm in a bit of pickle good things come to those who wait... even if forced to do so.

Thanks again Waddlz for your info. I'm going to buy that -4an fitting if the Perrin kit doesn't already include a banjo fitting.
PDXREALTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #2720
Delphi
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 239335
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

Well I mean it is pretty easy to tell that Full Race is over priced to hell.

A rotated 2 bolt up pipe from them is 800 dollars. 800!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #2721
Waddlz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 395275
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Brighton, CO
Vehicle:
2012 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Well I mean it is pretty easy to tell that Full Race is over priced to hell.

A rotated 2 bolt up pipe from them is 800 dollars. 800!
yeah, its why I didn't buy from them. their prices were quite ridiculous.
Waddlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.