Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday February 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #76
SoapBox
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 204578
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
S54 E46, N54 E82,
N55 E84, AKA REX8

Default

I'm so at odds here.

Supraru like me is a borderline OG who got my original screen name banned...which I hate.

But I also don't like RTV...both the person and the stuff. While some say it's a savior...I think it's a cop-out.

Then again, I still use buckets of RTV.

C/N: Help me Obi Wan you're my only hope.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SoapBox is offline  
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #77
rtv900
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Canít resist not noticing you have chosen to not put your money where your mouth is. Tells a lot about your bs type personality.
.
your funny
What do you even mean by putting my money where my mouth is btw?
just curious.

Please don't tell me you mean you want me to sit in front of my computer and research YOUR threads where you simply state over the internet how great your warranty experience was?
Is that what you meant?
Because that would be proof you aren't full of crap? You stated it on the internet so case closed?
nice

Keep reaching man, it's working out well.
I know lots of sales people that endlessly push high pressure sales for any reason other than the fact that they are selling BS profit machine products.
You probably advocate undercoatings too and fabric protection treatments.
Sorry you got ripped off and you want to pretend you didn't get ripped off and now you are bent I said it.

How about scan your documents and put your money where your mouth is?
I want to see that 79,800 miles on paper and a list of your covered repairs.
I won't hold my breathe.
rtv900 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #78
rtv900
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
I'm so at odds here.

Supraru like me is a borderline OG who got my original screen name banned...which I hate.

But I also don't like RTV...both the person and the stuff. While some say it's a savior...I think it's a cop-out.

Then again, I still use buckets of RTV.

C/N: Help me Obi Wan you're my only hope.
^nice work dude
Do you not like soap either or you are cool with that?
rtv900 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #79
carlos.danger
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 363268
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
1) What was funny about that last post? Guy said warranty paid for itself, but he threw 2 grand in the garbage because he had a bran new car. Correct what I am missing please as my statements seem pretty accurate.

2) Really, covered at 79,800 miles? Ha, why didn't you say 79,999.9 miles, that would have been just a little less believable. Sorry, I call BS on that claim. Every internet claim about how great extended warranties are fit the same mold. "my engine failed 3 days before the end of term, was a $20,000 repair NO QUESTIONS asked, even gave me a Bentley as a loaner and the sales guy came to my house and cleaned out my gutters too"
Cool story about your free engine 5 seconds before the warranty ran out.

3) I've never called out sick once in the 16 years since I graduated college, so I can't attest to daytime bs commercials. I just know that extended warranties are profit machines, period.
3) you've never had the flu, and i hope you never do.
carlos.danger is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #80
rtv900
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 428511
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: philadelphia
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos.danger View Post
3) you've never had the flu, and i hope you never do.
stop trolling with your metaphors dude
I'm not taking the bait
rtv900 is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #81
carlos.danger
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 363268
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
stop trolling with your metaphors dude
I'm not taking the bait
I'm just bustin your vagina.
carlos.danger is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #82
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
Phatron Tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos.danger View Post
I'm just bustin your vagina.
GlarryHoodDIT is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #83
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
your funny
What do you even mean by putting my money where my mouth is btw?
just curious.

Please don't tell me you mean you want me to sit in front of my computer and research YOUR threads where you simply state over the internet how great your warranty experience was?
Is that what you meant?
Because that would be proof you aren't full of crap? You stated it on the internet so case closed?
nice

Keep reaching man, it's working out well.
I know lots of sales people that endlessly push high pressure sales for any reason other than the fact that they are selling BS profit machine products.
You probably advocate undercoatings too and fabric protection treatments.
Sorry you got ripped off and you want to pretend you didn't get ripped off and now you are bent I said it.

How about scan your documents and put your money where your mouth is?
I want to see that 79,800 miles on paper and a list of your covered repairs.
I won't hold my breathe.
Put up money for the proof. Youíre so confident I made up my warranty story. Iíll pull up the vis at my dealer showing you the work performed. If you really think Iím bsíing you put up 1k (since your company is thriving you must have some money set aside) and Iíll put up 1k if Iím lying Iíll paypal you 1k, if I provide the vis proving the warranty work performed you have to send me the 1k. Itís easy to punk up and call someone out for lying but put your money where your mouth is. Bet me. My guess is youíll agree, Iíll make you look stupid, then youíll never pay up which will just prove to everyone how much of a punk you are. Personally both ways I win.

Now youíre telling me I got ripped off? Lol. You sure make a lot of assumptions about me. You know what happenes when you assume? I only purchased the Subaru extended warranty which more than paid for itself. Yet again you also believe youíre correct and yet you donít even work in the business. I personally see it every single day at work since Iím a mechanic at a Subaru dealer. What credentials do you bring to the table besides salesmen get spiffs for selling them?

I also want to be clear. There are some very crappy aftermarket warranties out there hence why Iíve stayed many times you have to read the info and do your own research.

Put up or shut up. You can afford donating $1k to me.
Supraru is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #84
Mulder
Trust no one
Moderator
 
Member#: 11170
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Default

Enough.
Thread, meet lock.
*click*
Mulder is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.