Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 17, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #26
BfoggWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470079
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
CWP

Weather Tech as everyone else has said. I had them in my previous vehicle and I think i washed them off twice in a year of usage and they still looked new.
BfoggWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #27
madeinbih4492
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474314

Definitely Weathertech. Only little issue I have with mine is that the front passenger side mat is a little too short for my 2014 STI. What I mean is it doesn't quite stand up going towards the bottom of the dash. I just kept my original floor mat in there and placed the Weathertech liner over it.
madeinbih4492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #28
lap682
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 476145

weathertech here, I have some fitment issues myself.. front passenger could fit better
lap682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #29
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 425154
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy View Post
I'm debating between Husky and WeatherTech at the moment. It honestly looks like the Husky covers more than the WeatherTech for the 2015+ WRX/STi chassis. Can anyone else confirm that?

These pictures are what they show on their respective websites when you enter your make and model. They don't look like a generic stock photo, but actually representative of what you get.
Husky
WeatherTech

I havenít seen the weathertechs in person but I can confirm the Husky mats go all the way up the dead pedal. I went with them for that reason alone. They do get slippery in the winter if theyíre cold and you have some snow on your shoes.
If I were to do it again Iíd get the 3D Maxpider mats.
cyralax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #30
Pistonjunkie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474008
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Silver

I just bought the 3D Maxpider mats. They fit good, donít move around, and seem to grip very well. Have not had them in very cold yet so Iím hoping they are still grippy when them temp drops. They do not go all the way up the dead petal. It cuts up at an angle about halfway up.
Pistonjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #31
YungBoba
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 450808
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
WR Blue Pearl

Quote:
I'm debating between Husky and WeatherTech at the moment. It honestly looks like the Husky covers more than the WeatherTech for the 2015+ WRX/STi chassis. Can anyone else confirm that?

These pictures are what they show on their respective websites when you enter your make and model. They don't look like a generic stock photo, but actually representative of what you get.
Husky
WeatherTech
Looks like the Husky Liners cover the gas cap lever whereas the Weather Teach goes around it. Not sure how hard it would be to cut through the material to make a cutout/opening for it but it's something to consider.
YungBoba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #32
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
Looks like the Husky Liners cover the gas cap lever whereas the Weather Teach goes around it. Not sure how hard it would be to cut through the material to make a cutout/opening for it but it's something to consider.
I just bent my Husky mats slightly. It still covers the gas cap lever but it's easy enough to move out of the way. I prefer the lever being covered since it doesn't allow dirt or gravel to get in there as it's a pain to clean.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #33
raisingAnarchy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 408438
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyralax View Post
I havenít seen the weathertechs in person but I can confirm the Husky mats go all the way up the dead pedal. I went with them for that reason alone. They do get slippery in the winter if theyíre cold and you have some snow on your shoes.
If I were to do it again Iíd get the 3D Maxpider mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
Thanks for the replies. My main concern is preventing as much salt as possible from getting into the permanent carpet again. It's all built up on the transmission tunnel in the driver footwell from the OEM floor mats not covering enough.
raisingAnarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #34
cyralax
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX Sport
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default What floor mats would you all recommend for rain/snow?

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. My main concern is preventing as much salt as possible from getting into the permanent carpet again. It's all built up on the transmission tunnel in the driver footwell from the OEM floor mats not covering enough.

Husky mats donít really cover up there(I donít think any mats do). What I did was get some transparent floor runner mats from Home Depot, applied Velcro to the back of them and lined all the areas that arenít covered by my mats. Iíve noticed that people tend to kick the transmission tunnel as they get out of the passenger seat so this saves them getting those carpets dirty.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #35
raisingAnarchy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 408438
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyralax View Post
Husky mats donít really cover up there(I donít think any mats do). What I did was get some transparent floor runner mats from Home Depot, applied Velcro to the back of them and lined all the areas that arenít covered by my mats. Iíve noticed that people tend to kick the transmission tunnel as they get out of the passenger seat so this saves them getting those carpets dirty.
Great idea, thanks!
raisingAnarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #36
wagonmeister
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 330839
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2009 WRX265
OBP

findway.ca is where I ordered mine here in Canada. Similar protection to husky and weather tech, but much cheaper.
100$ Canadian for front and back.
Also like that they are not plastic, looks much better than full rubber matts. Super easy to clean as well.

I have weathertechs in my girlfriends car and she still manages to get salt all over the place
I got a roll of adhesive carpet protector from local hardware shop. I cover under the matts all the way up to the plastic trims. Only way to guarantee no salt will get anywhere.
wagonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote