Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 15, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-18-2020, 09:31 AM   #1
ricochet
Driving Sports TV Staff

Member#: 15542
Vehicle:
2004 WRX

Default 2022 Subaru BRZ World Premiere

The new 2022 Subaru BRZ features a bigger engine, better handling and improved tech. But is it enough to make this the must-have sport coupe? We have a first look at the specs, and take it for a few laps with pro driver Scott Speed at Thermal Speedway in California.
ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2021, 02:12 AM   #2
Mymomsoutbackxt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522441
Vehicle:
2007 OBXT
Pearl White

Cool Sexy

A lot of people were hating on this for not being turbod. I love it. I relate it to old Miatas or MR2s. A whole lotta fun despite not having a whole lotta power. Excited to see what these things can do.

Last edited by Mymomsoutbackxt; 02-27-2021 at 11:58 PM.
Mymomsoutbackxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:54 AM   #3
iLLtackticks
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 250966
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mymomsoutbackxt View Post
A lot of people were hating on this for not being turbod. I love it. I relate it to old Miatas or MR2s. A whole lotta fun despite not having a whole lotta power. Excited to see what these things can do.
The BRZ is a great car. I went to a few track events recently with my stock STi and the BRZ's hold their own even with way less HP than an STi. I think with tasteful mods including coilovers the new BRZ will be a beast on the backroads and track.

Looking forward to what the new version has to offer. Don't get me wrong, an STi version would be great. To your point, MR2's and Miatas are a ton of fun even without crazy HP. For those that need crazy HP all it takes is $$$.
iLLtackticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
vickyshah2609
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 524228
Smile Big Improvement

Looks like the Subaru 2022 is a big improvement over the previous version. A sub $30,000 would be a good price.
vickyshah2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #5
ProZach626
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 186084
Vehicle:
2018 STI
SWP

Most of the reviews about the twins seem positive and the cars have been really well received. The complaints about power are far less than the prior generation. The 2.4 provides a reasonable bump in power, as the torque curve is noticeably improved.

I personally don't see the need for a turbo BRZ, considering there are so many big power options available in the industry. Clearly, that's not the target here. On the track, it's capable. On the street, it falls under the philosophy of a slow(er) car being more fun to drive fast than driving a fast car slow. It doesn't take me much time to wind out third gear in my STI before I have to hit the brakes on public roadway. I can't imagine how much of a **** block it would feel like to have a 400 HP+ car on public roadways.
ProZach626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:43 AM   #6
Angel17
*** Banned ***

Member#: 532586

Wow! Do they have many available colors for that car? bernedoodle puppies
Angel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 08:59 AM   #7
Kaysee_23
*** Banned ***

Member#: 535565

I bet this would sell like hot cakes with Gourmet Caramels