Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #51
jomalley
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 356492

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbinkm View Post
Has anybody installed this in a 2011 (or similar) Impreza? I've got it in my 2011 WRX and for the most part it works great, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to get all of the steering wheel controls working with it. I'm using an ASWC-1 interface, and it senses all of the controls, but not all of them register on the stereo.

The weird part is that if I try to setup custom steering wheel controls in the XAV-AX100's menu, when I get to mapping the third or fourth button (doesn't matter the order) it clears all previously mapped buttons and says "Please retry". Metra (ASWC-1 manufacturer) and Sony have been zero help; both pointing fingers at the other and occasionally at Subaru. I think it's an issue with Sony's software, but maybe somebody else has come across this?

Other than that, the stereo is pretty sweet. Really like the Android Auto integration.
I have this unit int the 2013. If you're using the ASWC-1, you don't need to program anything within the AX100's interface. Its all done on the ASWC-1. (I wish I'd known you don't actually need the ASWC-1 with this radio, but it's all installed now.)

The problem I found is that the ASWC-1 is detecting the radio as an Eclipse. I used the PC software to force it to Sony, and all is well.

Joe
jomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #52
jomalley
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 356492

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatel5621 View Post
This might be a longshot. First off I want to thank you and OP for this thread, it pushed me towards buying this unit for my 2015, and I was just able to install today.

The other thing is the SWC. I opted out of buying the Metra ASWC-1 and was going to try this method. I currently have the Metra 70-7552 and I have got a 3.5 mm male audio cable pigtail but I have no idea what wires I'm supposed to be tapping into. Have been doing research all night and do not have a definite answer. Any insight would be helpful!

Edit: I found this helpful chart on ae64.com http://ae64.com/20-pin-pinout.htm

So I should wire the "sleeve" into pin 14 on the metra harness, and 4 and 13 on the corresponding locations from the table?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me!
I installed with the ASWC-1, and I added pins to the front side of the harness to avoid cutting into the car's wiring. Following ae54.coms directions, as well as this video
I added at 4,13, and 14, so I expect that's where you want to go with the aux cable.

Joe
jomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #53
CXVninja84
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 438216

If you don't have spare pins(or don't want to mess with it), this connector already has pins 4, 13, 14 installed:

https://www.amazon.com/20-pin-Subaru...dp/B01D9K3L44/
CXVninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:01 AM   #54
fletcherSTI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477158
Vehicle:
2011 GR STi Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAM1 View Post
Yes, thats the correct type of plug.

The stereo plug will have 3 wires, one to the tip, one to the ring, one to the sleeve.

In my 15 WRX, the SWC wires were pins 4, 13, and 14 on the 20 pin harness I got from SVXdc.

Pin 14 is your "SWC common", I connected the "sleeve" wire to this because typically the sleeve is ground/common, and then 4 and 13 can be interchanged for the tip and ring wires, it won't make a difference because the HU learns them.

Once all hooked up go into the settings of the new Sony HU and turn on "Custom Steering Wheel Controls" then you can select each command and then press the steering wheel button that you would like to perform that command.

I think the whole HU install may have taken an hour and that included soldering the 20 pin harness to the stereo harness. A very easy plug and play job if you've done any car stereo jobs before.

Also, after using it for a few months now, I've found that grounding the parking brake wire does work in tricking the unit into thinking you're parked.

The ONLY feature that changes in the operation of the unit when "parked" vs. "not parked" is that in Google Maps on Android Auto you can type in a destination when "parked" whereas when "not parked" you can only speak a destination.

I wasted the time to wire up a switch to it so now you don't have to. You're welcome, Internet.

That said, just ground your parking brake wire.
Apologies for reviving this thread...I'm doing this install for a 2011 sti soon. My aftermarket harness doesn't have pins 4, 13, 14 however I figure I can just do splice it on the car side harness instead? I believe it would be the same deal. I'd splice the "sleeve" to 14 and then the remaining two wires from the 3.5mm to either of pin 13 & 14 on the car side harness.

My only concern is getting in there and soldering inside the dash opening...it's going to be literally the worst.

I don't know if anyone can comment, but would you wire your back up camera power to the head unit power (red) or rather the reverse signal brown/yellow cable by passenger footwell? Pros to reverse cable is longevity for the camera, however it would only trigger video when the car is in reverse. Vice versa for splicing to HU Accessory (red).

Thanks!
fletcherSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #55
bucky_pl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 511009
Vehicle:
2015 STi
black

Hi everyone,

i have little problem and need help with connect SWC to Sony ax100 in STi 2015 from USA because in car audio shop in europe cut cable from 20pin and connet in ISO cable. I need original oem color cable from pin 4, 13, 14 . Tnx for help
bucky_pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #56
ejicon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2452
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky_pl View Post
Hi everyone,

i have little problem and need help with connect SWC to Sony ax100 in STi 2015 from USA because in car audio shop in europe cut cable from 20pin and connet in ISO cable. I need original oem color cable from pin 4, 13, 14 . Tnx for help
You can buy a replacement from NASIOC member SVXdc:
http://ae64.com/20-pin-pinout.htm

Here's his ordering page:
http://ae64.com/Ordering.htm

He ships internationally and will be your best source of information when needed. Good luck.
ejicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #57
bucky_pl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
black

Currently i have connect and working radio on ISO cube but don't have SWC. Radio have 3,5mm jack connector to SWC but i don't know which oem color cable connect.

BTW sorry for my English
Old 01-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #58
ejicon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2452
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky_pl View Post
Currently i have connect and working radio on ISO cube but don't have SWC. Radio have 3,5mm jack connector to SWC but i don't know which oem color cable connect.

BTW sorry for my English
Your English is great. No problem understanding at all. Also, welcome to the forums.

Check out this thread: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2815667

Scroll down to post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAM1 View Post
Yes, thats the correct type of plug.

The stereo plug will have 3 wires, one to the tip, one to the ring, one to the sleeve.

In my 15 WRX, the SWC wires were pins 4, 13, and 14 on the 20 pin harness I got from SVXdc.

Pin 14 is your "SWC common", I connected the "sleeve" wire to this because typically the sleeve is ground/common, and then 4 and 13 can be interchanged for the tip and ring wires, it won't make a difference because the HU learns them.

Once all hooked up go into the settings of the new Sony HU and turn on "Custom Steering Wheel Controls" then you can select each command and then press the steering wheel button that you would like to perform that command.

I think the whole HU install may have taken an hour and that included soldering the 20 pin harness to the stereo harness. A very easy plug and play job if you've done any car stereo jobs before.

Also, after using it for a few months now, I've found that grounding the parking brake wire does work in tricking the unit into thinking you're parked.

The ONLY feature that changes in the operation of the unit when "parked" vs. "not parked" is that in Google Maps on Android Auto you can type in a destination when "parked" whereas when "not parked" you can only speak a destination.

I wasted the time to wire up a switch to it so now you don't have to. You're welcome, Internet.

That said, just ground your parking brake wire.
ejicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:55 AM   #59
bucky_pl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
black

I read this before, but in car don't have 20 pin cube - only cut cable. I need cable color for pin 4,13, 14, dont' see color in post, only pin number