Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 18, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default Loudoun County WRX's

Thought I might as well make a thread just for us LoCo folks. Did a quick search and didn't find any threads dedicated to us. Would love to see this become a place where you can find info about local car meets, social gathering, mechanics, etc.. Please feel free to add any info pertaining to the LoCo WRX scene, I'll try to keep this updated with info I find.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

As winter in coming upon us, and I dread the idea of standing outside and washing my car, I tried something i'd typically stay away from, visiting the car wash. I decided to visit the touch-less car wash at the shell station in Lansdowne. Got to say I was happily surprised at the job it did.
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Smithwerks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466748
Join Date: Apr 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Limited
Ice Metallic Silver

Default

Fellow LoCo WRX owner here. Nova Subarus on FB is a solid local resource for finding out about gtgs and cruises.

I see plenty of other Subies on my 45-mile one-way commute, but haven't met anyone else local.

Here's mine:

Not too much done... but just turned over 25k this morning. Keeping it conservative since it's my commuter.
-MAP Stage 1
-K&N drop-in
-Perrin turbo inlet
-Boomba BPV

Last edited by Smithwerks; 01-03-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Smithwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Good Stuff. Whats your 25K review of you WRX?

Mine:
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
wgb113
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32478
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Downingtown, PA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX DGM
2017 Forester XT CWP

Default

Anyone headed over to Adroit Theory in Purcellville this Saturday for the chili cookoff? I'll be making the trip down to pick up my last BHS release.
wgb113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #6
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

I live in P-Ville, so I might have to make a stop by! What time is it at?
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
wgb113
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32478
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Downingtown, PA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX DGM
2017 Forester XT CWP

Default

12-4 and then they'll have Odd BBQ's truck there until later in the night.
wgb113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #8
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Happy to announce the creation of my new club LoCo Subarus! Our first event will be held February 24th, and it will consist of a Meet & Greet followed by a Cruise . For more info make sure you visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/260562591145721/
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #9
Smithwerks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466748
Join Date: Apr 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Limited
Ice Metallic Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnellCVA View Post
Good Stuff. Whats your 25K review of you WRX?

Mine:
25k and going strong with no issues. I change my oil every 3.5-4k and rotate the tires at that interval also.

I wasn't a fan of the stock tune, so for me the AP made all the difference in the world. I've been a VW/Audi guy most of my life, but I can honestly say the WRX blows away every other car I've every owned, with the exception of my 87' 16vT Scirocco. However with the Rocco being a race-ready shell, it wouldn't check all the boxes of my grown up car needs and a 45-mile one-way commute. I have yet to drive in the snow with the WRX, and am hoping for the chance this winter.

I'm sure we've passed each other on 7W. I take the toll road/Greenway every day between 4:30-5:30pm, so there's a chance you'll catch me there as well.

There's a number of rexs out our way (I'm in Hamilton). Here's the ones I know of:

-Red STi with some mods (custom combat vet license plate)
-Red WRX in Hamilton - no visible/audible mods
-Blue WRX CVT driven by an older gentleman... I always wave, but I don't think he's down being a Subie bro.
-Black WRX hatch with exhaust and big American flag decal on the rear windshield
-Red/white WRX in Purcelville - I think dude works at the vape shop

I'm sure I've seen more, and will hopefully meet a few folks on the 24th. I think I can at least come by for the meet and greet.
Smithwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithwerks View Post
25k and going strong with no issues. I change my oil every 3.5-4k and rotate the tires at that interval also.

I wasn't a fan of the stock tune, so for me the AP made all the difference in the world. I've been a VW/Audi guy most of my life, but I can honestly say the WRX blows away every other car I've every owned, with the exception of my 87' 16vT Scirocco. However with the Rocco being a race-ready shell, it wouldn't check all the boxes of my grown up car needs and a 45-mile one-way commute. I have yet to drive in the snow with the WRX, and am hoping for the chance this winter.

I'm sure we've passed each other on 7W. I take the toll road/Greenway every day between 4:30-5:30pm, so there's a chance you'll catch me there as well.

There's a number of rexs out our way (I'm in Hamilton). Here's the ones I know of:

-Red STi with some mods (custom combat vet license plate)
-Red WRX in Hamilton - no visible/audible mods
-Blue WRX CVT driven by an older gentleman... I always wave, but I don't think he's down being a Subie bro.
-Black WRX hatch with exhaust and big American flag decal on the rear windshield
-Red/white WRX in Purcelville - I think dude works at the vape shop

I'm sure I've seen more, and will hopefully meet a few folks on the 24th. I think I can at least come by for the meet and greet.
Good stuff, I love how we all kinda keep track of the rexs in are area, lol. You're located on E Colonial Hwy, aren't you? Glad to here you'll be able to stop by for the meet, I already have a couple other people from Eastern Loudoun who plan on coming! It will be fun, I am thinking about going around and sticking flyers on Subies I see, .

Last edited by DonnellCVA; 01-19-2018 at 05:32 PM.
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
Smithwerks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466748
Join Date: Apr 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Limited
Ice Metallic Silver

Default

Ouch - Wooden post this morning hiding on the ground, at the tip of the corner on the 7W on ramp from Rt9. Tried to dodge, but the end caught my sidewall... instant blowout. 28k on them, so not new, but surely would have lasted through summer.


Putting on BF Goodrich Comp-2s this afternoon.

Last edited by Smithwerks; 02-13-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Smithwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 AM   #12
DonnellCVA
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478712
Join Date: Dec 2017
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Loudoun County
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithwerks View Post
Ouch - Wooden post this morning hiding on the ground, at the tip of the corner on the 7W on ramp from Rt9. Tried to dodge, but the end caught my sidewall... instant blowout. 28k on them, so not new, but surely would have lasted through summer.


Putting on BF Goodrich Comp-2s this afternoon.
Damn, that sounds like a ****ty start of a day, but sounds like you're getting a bit of an upgrade with tires at least. Hate that roundabout anyways to say the least!
DonnellCVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.