Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 10, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 295570
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default Anyone in Sac with TP tuned 09+ wrx?

Hey guys
Wanna know if anyone is running the Torqued Performance tune on an 09+ WRX? I was thinking of going that route and would like to meet up with someone using this tune.

Thanks
younger619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
beaumier2006
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300758
Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Red-ish

I am in Santa Cruz and in a 08 WRX.

I have run every one of Eric's (TP) tunes. I am now on a custom E85+EWG+1000cc injector tune from him. He is by far the best e-tuner out there. UNMATCHED customer service and solid tunes. The tunes will be a base map and will need to be adjusted to your particular car. So logging is important to the tune. If you're like me I always have my parameters set to what Eric would require (just ask him) with my AP plugged in so when I see something funky I just log it and send the logs to him for review. He will adjust it and send you a new map. As I mentioned before his customer service is UNMATCHED in the E-tuner world.

Which tune will be going for?

Which ever one you choose.... It'll be F'in amazing!

My car right now is VF52 swapped E85 @ 364 whp/ 424 ft/#'s all on Eric's tunes. 122K stock motor and running better than ever.
It screams!!!!
beaumier2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaumier2006 View Post
I am in Santa Cruz and in a 08 WRX. I have run every one of Eric's (TP) tunes. I am now on a custom E85+EWG+1000cc injector tune from him. He is by far the best e-tuner out there. UNMATCHED customer service and solid tunes. The tunes will be a base map and will need to be adjusted to your particular car. So logging is important to the tune. If you're like me I always have my parameters set to what Eric would require (just ask him) with my AP plugged in so when I see something funky I just log it and send the logs to him for review. He will adjust it and send you a new map. As I mentioned before his customer service is UNMATCHED in the E-tuner world. Which tune will be going for? Which ever one you choose.... It'll be F'in amazing! My car right now is VF52 swapped E85 @ 364 whp/ 424 ft/#'s all on Eric's tunes. 122K stock motor and running better than ever. It screams!!!!
That's really great to hear! I sold my accessport as I was gonna sell my car but decided to keep it so I need to do another tune to throw my downpipe back on. It says $85 for the stage 2 map, and I'm wondering if that's the map he will continue to work on or if I'm just paying for a one time base map.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
beaumier2006
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Red-ish

You purchase that map for $85 and he will make corrections. You will not have to pay him more money until you move up in mods. Example: you go "stage 3" or EWG.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
beaumier2006
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Red-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by younger619 View Post
That's really great to hear! I sold my accessport as I was gonna sell my car but decided to keep it so I need to do another tune to throw my downpipe back on. It says $85 for the stage 2 map, and I'm wondering if that's the map he will continue to work on or if I'm just paying for a one time base map.
I am pretty sure you will need your access port and the tuner software (on COBB's site for free)
Old 12-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
I am pretty sure you will need your access port and the tuner software (on COBB's site for free)
I was gonna go through the tactrix route. It's a lot cheaper than buying another accessport.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
beaumier2006
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Red-ish

Cool. I didn't realize that would work too. He has you run the maps through the tuner software.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Cool. I didn't realize that would work too. He has you run the maps through the tuner software.
Yeah I know that I could do tactrix. Just wanna find someone who went that route and see how it works.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
beaumier2006
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2008 WRX
Red-ish

Got it. Have fun!! It's awesome!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #10
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Got it. Have fun!! It's awesome!
Thanks bro
Old 12-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
Isleblue65
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 359400
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

I'm in Santa Rosa and have a TP stage 2 and Tactrix cable.

I have a '13 WRX Hatchback with 9k miles and have had his tune since 4k.

Eric was great about tweaking my tune through several logs until it was where I wanted it. He probably made 4 or 5 adjustments.
Peak boost at close to 20psi squeals slightly in 3rd/4th gears below 3k rpm (Eric says the turbo is running near the surge line), so I just keep out of it below 3k. Otherwise it runs great and I've had zero issues.

I went with the tactrix for cost reasons too, and it has been easy to use + you can customize what data you see on your laptop out of pages of parameters while doing pulls.
Isleblue65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
younger619
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleblue65 View Post
I'm in Santa Rosa and have a TP stage 2 and Tactrix cable. I have a '13 WRX Hatchback with 9k miles and have had his tune since 4k. Eric was great about tweaking my tune through several logs until it was where I wanted it. He probably made 4 or 5 adjustments. Peak boost at close to 20psi squeals slightly in 3rd/4th gears below 3k rpm (Eric says the turbo is running near the surge line), so I just keep out of it below 3k. Otherwise it runs great and I've had zero issues. I went with the tactrix for cost reasons too, and it has been easy to use + you can customize what data you see on your laptop out of pages of parameters while doing pulls.
I have been hearing nothing but great stuff about Eric. He hasn't replied to my email but did he guide you through how to use your laptop to tune? I downloaded all the definitions, ECUFlash, and RomRaider. Just a bit confused on how the programs work.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
Isleblue65
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 359400
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by younger619 View Post
I have been hearing nothing but great stuff about Eric. He hasn't replied to my email but did he guide you through how to use your laptop to tune? I downloaded all the definitions, ECUFlash, and RomRaider. Just a bit confused on how the programs work.
He didn't really guide me through, but when you buy a tune from him, he sends a really helpful Word doc that details how to download definitions, how to setup the Tactrix, ECUFlash and Romraider parameters and how to data log. There are plenty of online resources too. I haven't done any tuning myself - Eric did all adjustments to his stock tune for me. I'd like to learn how changes affect the car so I can do minor adjustments myself, but just haven't had the time.
Isleblue65 is offline   Reply With Quote