Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
frankie4393
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484608
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default 2018 WRX problems 26k

Hey guys so I have a 2018 WRX base since brand new almost been a year. It's currenty Having a issue for the second time. Here is a link to my video.. I have no mods never have.

I'm having an issue when I release clutch pedal when car has been driving for anywhere from 30min-1hr

Also at 4k-5.5k is like a very loud and fast ticking coming from tranny or diff not engine.

https://youtu.be/52MaMWXMZps

Please help if u have any knowledge. Dealership is not helpful at all....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
frankie4393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
NesRamrz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 490854
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie4393 View Post
Hey guys so I have a 2018 WRX base since brand new almost been a year. It's currenty Having a issue for the second time. Here is a link to my video.. I have no mods never have.

I'm having an issue when I release clutch pedal when car has been driving for anywhere from 30min-1hr

Also at 4k-5.5k is like a very loud and fast ticking coming from tranny or diff not engine.

https://youtu.be/52MaMWXMZps

Please help if u have any knowledge. Dealership is not helpful at all....
Check your exhaust manifold for missing bolts. Mine was missing a bolt and was causing a small exhaust leak which was that ticking sound but with time It completely disintegrated the gasket and the tickicking sound got louder.

It also could be your clutch throwout bearing. I was doing a little research when I had issues with mine and it seems to be very common.
NesRamrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
Hangdown
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467605
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx
CWP

Default

Drop off at dealer and don't pick it up until they fix the problem
Hangdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
frankie4393
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484608
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesRamrz View Post
Check your exhaust manifold for missing bolts. Mine was missing a bolt and was causing a small exhaust leak which was that ticking sound but with time It completely disintegrated the gasket and the tickicking sound got louder.

It also could be your clutch throwout bearing. I was doing a little research when I had issues with mine and it seems to be very common.
Hey thanks for the reply. I also thought it could be the throw out bearing considering the noise is worse at operating temp.
I suspected the noise at 4-5k could be an exhaust leak but it sounds more mechanical then like air leaking. I'm dropping it off today at a new dealership so I'll keep everyone updated.
frankie4393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
frankie4393
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484608
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdown View Post
Drop off at dealer and don't pick it up until they fix the problem
Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do today
frankie4393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #6
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Considering you already have 26,000+ miles, the dealership will most likely request you sign a waiver to tear down the car. Meaning if determine "the care was abused" or "driven beyond what it can support", you'll be liable to pay for tear down and any repairs there of. Unfortunately, no one will define explicitly what "abuse" is.
ericsson is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.