Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-15-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
NMLegacy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40866
Vehicle:
2005 LGT 5MT wagon
2006 FXT Ltd

Default Question for USDM STI ECM experts

I searched the forums for an answer to my question and found nothing, if I missed it I apologize in advance. Anyway, I am in the process of installing an '04 USDM STI engine w/ECM and wiring in my '00 Legacy. I am not using the transmission, thus no DCCD. My goal is to be able to use the on board diagnostics so I want no trouble codes. I believe I have got the wiring worked out with the exception of what do I have to do with the three circuits interconnected with the DCCD Control Unit.

Specifically:
B134, 23 (connector, circuit); connected to instrument cluster interface and DCCDCU in the STI
B136,28; connected to Accl Position Sensor and DCCDCU in the STI
B137,20; connected to Datalink Connector and DCCDCU in the STI

Do I just hook up to the appropriate items in the Legacy and forget about anything regarding DCCD, add a resistor load in parallel, or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
NMLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

Although I don't have the diagrams in front of me, I believe those external lines go from the ECU to the DCCDCU (control unit?) and are actually unrelated to anything engine related. If that is the case, then they are used exclusively for the DCCD and are unneeded if you do not use the transmission.

B134, 23: this is the display in the gauge cluster tell you what position the DCCD is currently in (ie: Auto, Manual + position)
B136, 28: this is for the Auto setting on the DCCD to help determine when the car is under acceleration
B137, 20: this is for OBD-II, Subaru SelecMonitor, or some simplistic testing in order to report error codes

These are just guesses, though, so I could be wrong.

-Jon
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:47 AM   #3
ANZAC_1915
Scooby Guru

Member#: 456
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 Forester XT
Steel Gray Metallic

The accel position sensor is for the throttle input to the ETC (electronic throttle controller).

I think you're fine leaving these disconnected although not sure if the datalink to TCU (DCCD brain) missing will cause a code.

Why not use a Baja Turbo or Forester XT ECM? It wouldn't require all the DCCD stuff.
ANZAC_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:57 PM   #4
NMLegacy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40866
Vehicle:
2005 LGT 5MT wagon
2006 FXT Ltd

Thanks for the responses. Are the Baja Turbo or FXT direct plug-ins to the STI setup or will I have to rewire? If the connectors and assignments are similar then it sounds like the way to go is try the STI ECM (I've got it) with the DCCD circuits disconnected. If I get a code then get a BT or FXT ECM and swap.
NMLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote