Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 24, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-04-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
SockMonkey
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 472314
Default Arashi td05h 18g 8cm unboxing (and eventual tune)

I have a 2008 sti with basically a stage 2 set up. Stock turbo and fuel, with a downpipe and a tune. The car is great and put down 289/353 on the dyno as it sits. But I just wanted a bit more. The stock turbo falls on its face pretty quickly and sometimes I just want more. But I did not want to sacrafice spoil.

So here is my build. I have a new block going in (CP pistons, skunk2 rods, king bearings, nitrated crank). Also going EL headers, GS uppipe, tgv del, Perrin inlet, TS tmic. The goal is to have the same spool, if not better than the current setup. But have a wider power band. Would like to make low to mid 300whp.

With this goal in mind I decided to take the plunge on this Arashi turbo. They have decent reviews and should meet my power and spool goals. The td05h should spool quickly and the 8cm should help carry the boost longer (at least that's my basic understanding).

The turbo came very well packed. The box in the pictures was also in a slightly larger box for shipping. Included was a balance sheet for this turbo and you can see the balancing marks on the exhaust turbine. Overall I am very impressed with this turbo just taking it out of the box. I'll be installing everything on the 20th and 21st, I plan a relatively short and hard break in (like half way between both schools of thought) and will be having it tuned on my tuners new mustang dyno. And of course I will update with results.

Pictures!: https://imgur.com/gallery/D7wfWFq
SockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links