Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday October 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-10-2018, 04:27 AM   #1
Darg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485794
Default I'm new here so....hi!!

I've had my beloved 17' STi since December 1st 2016 (longest 2 months of my life). Just never joined cause life ya know? I try to be as good a member of the subie community as I can and I love it! Being only 20 I grew up with murica trucks etc. First taste of anything else was my dads E92 M3 which I miss dearly now and I learned stick in that car so it has a special spot in my heart. At that point I was still Mr. V8. Then I got a ride in my friends white bug eye. All he had on it was an N1 street and it peaked my interest and gained me massive respect. Fast forward to my senior year in HS I helped him install a set of BC BR's. Which made me start to want one but I'd never driven it yet. Then I helped him install a set of ambit RT8's I think. Rolled his fenders and we dropped it a bit. That's when I got to drive it....when i got that taste of boost I was hooked. But I wanted a bit more coming from the power I had been used to. So I started looking for an STi was going to get the loan and everything myself. Started building credit etc. Had my sights on a blob eye preferably white as well. At that point my dad got in the mix and said he'd help me get the loan. Lower apr, sweet. He builds his credit in the process. Win win. He started pushing for a 17'.... We looked at close to 10 cars and everything was outrageously overpriced. Couldn't touch one below 22 thousand with low miles. So I caved and started reading up on the newer cars. Read about the chassis how much stiffer it supposedly is and how the on center steering is great. So I test drove a 15' DGM limited. I loved it. But knowing the horror stories of these cars I wanted to order it. Break it in properly. Then mod it after I read into it. So I ordered a DGM base (I'm 6'7" no sunroof for me) All the options. 41 out the door. Ordered a ETS expreme catback, cobb 1+ kit, mudflaps, lights and a plate relocation kit. First night I had the car did the lights. Next day catback and mud flaps. Made it through my break in with only 2 slip ups and did a modified break in after the first 500 upping rev limit and throttle. Next 250 slightly more. Hit 1000 a week later. Installed the intake and tune. Changed oil. 5W30 Motul X Clean. Which I burned. Quick. Upped to 5W40 excess burning is less then a quart per 3000 miles. Got stiffies for Christmas. My custom plates the next month. Put 17000 miles on the car decided to do a downpipe. Invidia catless (I like the smell a lot) and went with a stage 2 etune from bill at delicious tuning. They're relatively local to me about 35 miles. Hybrid tuned (car had a post sensor pre turbo leak....my intake tube) I love it and now we're here. I'm sorry that was long....
Darg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
ifearnoevo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 475635
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Wrb

Congrats on the sti and welcome
ifearnoevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Mgamer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481300
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX STi
Java Black Pearl

Grats! It's interesting to see a V8 guy come to Subies, welcome
Mgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
doctorbee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483276

is it still burning oil?
doctorbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
R1Armadillo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481444
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
WRB

Yeah, what's the word on oil consumption? if any?
R1Armadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
Darg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485794

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Armadillo View Post
Yeah, what's the word on oil consumption? if any?
Maybe a half a quart per 3000 if that. Sorry got a new phone and completely forgot I had this account
Darg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #7
5nafu
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490391
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

Welcome aboard, this place is great and filled with lots of knowledge. If you havenít done so already check out the Unabomber FAQ up top. All very good IMO
5nafu is online now   Reply With Quote