Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday January 17, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #3401
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:04 PM   #3402
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Flortlandia
Vehicle:
2022 RIP Buttons
McFarland

Default

Why redesign something the silent majority will ignore? The notion is preposterous and makes this thread cringe.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:10 PM   #3403
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX WRX View Post
he drank, and continues to guzzle the Kool Aid that Subaru supplies him.

its funny that people have "brand loyalty", when these brands don't give two ****s about them in return.

i will buy the best product i can within my budget, and Subaru has not been that for a LONG time.
I think itís a psychological thing with many people. Another ďbrandĒ is FEAR or God forbid ďchangeĒ. Many donít like change of any kind whatsoever. Then there are those who say ďyou donít buy it so you donít have a say!Ē Which is , because brah, you want me to fork over $30,000.00 - 40,000.00 for **** I donít want?

Like you, Iím going for the best product I can within my budget. Come on GR Corolla. Give me that awesome drivetrain with the front and rear diffs, and come and take my money Toyota. I want to say F U to Boobaru yet again.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:00 PM   #3404
ProZach626
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186084
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Metro East
Vehicle:
2018 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
What's the point of that video? They didn't and they won't, but here's what they could have.
ProZach626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:15 PM   #3405
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
What's the point of that video? They didn't and they won't, but here's what they could have.
It's meant to help illustrate why something doesn't work or how it could work better. Often times people can't put their feelings into words (happens a lot on this very forum) and just react with, "UGH! UGLY! MUCH BAD!" I appreciate videos that show and explain car design and demonstrate adjustments that could have or should have been made that would've garnered warmer reception.

Specifically with SketchMonkey, he also notices how Subaru's concept cars are designed pretty well, but the production vehicles always tank it. Some on here will defend the production cars, while others will say that they shouldn't even bother with the concept cars since the production cars only resemble them when you squint hard in pitch black during a drunken stupor.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:16 PM   #3406
porusski
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 527254
Join Date: Nov 2021
Default

Put in a deposit today on a 2022 Golf R in DSG.

I just want a new car already. I have a deposit on a Lexus IS500 as well. The main reason the WRX appeals to me is because itís the cheapest out of all.
porusski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:28 AM   #3407
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Walkaround of The Orange One.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #3408
mphfrom77
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 406984
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: northern KY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX base w/STS
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by porusski View Post
Put in a deposit today on a 2022 Golf R in DSG.

I just want a new car already. I have a deposit on a Lexus IS500 as well. The main reason the WRX appeals to me is because itís the cheapest out of all.
And it has knobs of course!

I've come back to the nasioc forums to search for car purchasing advice and of course clicked on this thread first just to make sure I haven't missed anything since the launch.

I bought a new 2020 STi this year before the 22 launch info. I owned a base '15 wrx the last 6yrs / 90k miles and just had to experience the STi difference (never been in one before I bought mine). Got tired of waiting on info of new models.

But now I am researching to potentially replace my wife's cvt FXT. She wants a manual awd. Initially I thought the '22 Golf R could be a possiblity. But, honestly, I don't think I feel comfortable with her driving that car with the way all the haptic steering wheel screen controls are and knobless hvac and stereo controls are. Just seems dangerous honestly. Don't want my wife distracted like that. Roads are crazy enough as is. Shame, seems like a really nice driver's car tho.
mphfrom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:10 AM   #3409
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
And it has knobs of course!

I've come back to the nasioc forums to search for car purchasing advice and of course clicked on this thread first just to make sure I haven't missed anything since the launch.

I bought a new 2020 STi this year before the 22 launch info. I owned a base '15 wrx the last 6yrs / 90k miles and just had to experience the STi difference (never been in one before I bought mine). Got tired of waiting on info of new models.

But now I am researching to potentially replace my wife's cvt FXT. She wants a manual awd. Initially I thought the '22 Golf R could be a possiblity. But, honestly, I don't think I feel comfortable with her driving that car with the way all the haptic steering wheel screen controls are and knobless hvac and stereo controls are. Just seems dangerous honestly. Don't want my wife distracted like that. Roads are crazy enough as is. Shame, seems like a really nice driver's car tho.
I would suggest you give your wife some credit man. If she has the dexterity and the willpower to drive a stick, then she has the cognitive power to not be distracted at bad times by buttons or knobs.

Get the Golf R as it will be an infinitely better place to be in.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #3410
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
It's meant to help illustrate why something doesn't work or how it could work better. Often times people can't put their feelings into words (happens a lot on this very forum) and just react with, "UGH! UGLY! MUCH BAD!" I appreciate videos that show and explain car design and demonstrate adjustments that could have or should have been made that would've garnered warmer reception.

Specifically with SketchMonkey, he also notices how Subaru's concept cars are designed pretty well, but the production vehicles always tank it. Some on here will defend the production cars, while others will say that they shouldn't even bother with the concept cars since the production cars only resemble them when you squint hard in pitch black during a drunken stupor.
for what is it worth, I like sketchmonkey. I have no idea what his skill set is, except he is a boss with photo editing. But he presents things graphically and clearly so I give him that.

But I also agree with the previous poster. Do not tell me how it could look better. You can sketch over a Pontiac Aztek and make it look better as well

PS. Every notice how many times the Aztek comes up in the conversations about the 2022 WRX. Anytime the Aztek comes up in a thread about your new car design, that is an sign of an enormous Screw up.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #3411
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Well you don't have to click the video. Just like you don't have to click in the thread.

Look, if the 2022 WRX can hold a jug of water in the door, I'll be a happy wannabe-camper.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:31 PM   #3412
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2020 X3M Competition

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
I would suggest you give your wife some credit man. If she has the dexterity and the willpower to drive a stick, then she has the cognitive power to not be distracted at bad times by buttons or knobs.
This 100%. Maybe that post didn't translate well from brain to keyboard but unless your wife has sausage fingers, disabled, or slow mentally she will do just fine with that setup. Most enthusiasts prefer tactile feel but if haptic buttons were a hazard they would be outlawed.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:32 PM   #3413
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
I would suggest you give your wife some credit man. If she has the dexterity and the willpower to drive a stick, then she has the cognitive power to not be distracted at bad times by buttons or knobs.
The capacitive touch buttons on the steering wheel that get activated accidentally while operating the steering wheel is a driver distraction class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. VW screwed up and needs to fix their products. The best way to get them to realize it is to not buy their problems.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #3414
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
18 Highlander
Yami XSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
The best way to get them to realize it is to not buy their problems.
They're back-ordered for as long as Tesla. People don't care.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #3415
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yeah, well, you know
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Default

With the chip (and other supply) shortages that's not a very good metric of public interest.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:10 PM   #3416
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2020 X3M Competition

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
The capacitive touch buttons on the steering wheel that get activated accidentally while operating the steering wheel is a driver distraction class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. VW screwed up and needs to fix their products. The best way to get them to realize it is to not buy their problems.
It's a bad design driven by cost cutting but it's really only the heated steering wheel button that drivers accidentally turn on. I doubt the heated wheel will ever get hot enough to burn someone.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:30 AM   #3417
n2oiroc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141952
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: milwaukee'ish
Vehicle:
20 Audi S4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
And it has knobs of course!

I've come back to the nasioc forums to search for car purchasing advice and of course clicked on this thread first just to make sure I haven't missed anything since the launch.

I bought a new 2020 STi this year before the 22 launch info. I owned a base '15 wrx the last 6yrs / 90k miles and just had to experience the STi difference (never been in one before I bought mine). Got tired of waiting on info of new models.

But now I am researching to potentially replace my wife's cvt FXT. She wants a manual awd. Initially I thought the '22 Golf R could be a possiblity. But, honestly, I don't think I feel comfortable with her driving that car with the way all the haptic steering wheel screen controls are and knobless hvac and stereo controls are. Just seems dangerous honestly. Don't want my wife distracted like that. Roads are crazy enough as is. Shame, seems like a really nice driver's car tho.
go to any audi dealer and try the buttons on an A6 or Q7, they are the same as what VW is going to use. i had a Q7 rental and the buttons take a solid press to activate. they are nothing like a phone or tablet screen and you will not activate them on accident. i still prefer physical buttons, but the new haptic ones are totally useable.
n2oiroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #3418
ProZach626
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186084
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Louis Metro East
Vehicle:
2018 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
The capacitive touch buttons on the steering wheel that get activated accidentally while operating the steering wheel is a driver distraction class-action lawsuit waiting to happen. VW screwed up and needs to fix their products. The best way to get them to realize it is to not buy their problems.
There won't be a class-action lawsuit, so don't be dramatic. If a driver feels their stearing wheel get warm and can't turn the function off without being unsafely distracted, they should probably have their driver's license revoked.

Regardless, unlike Subaru, I believe VW will respond to the complaints quickly. Who knows, it may be one of those things you don't like at first, but after adjusting to it via repetition (learning curve), it may be preferred. I'm old enough to remember a day where people never thought touch-screen phones would work, and they would miss the buttons.
ProZach626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:42 AM   #3419
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:45 AM   #3420
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'19 xvPHEV,Tesla MY
05 08 11 WRX 18 STI 18TM3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Have these camera men never taken a picture of a car? You cut the wheel one way and take the picture from the other side. My god that looks bad.
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #3421
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Have these camera men never taken a picture of a car? You cut the wheel one way and take the picture from the other side. My god that looks bad.
I learned that the hard way after getting into photography much more fully several years ago. Took all these great car shots, then looked at them in edits, only to then realize I didn't pay attention to the angle of the wheels.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #3422
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX
and Sienna

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
http://youtu.be/OgZPPyzwa98
Only windshield and front windows shared with Impreza. I didn't really think about that - VA, which was touted as a totally separate model from Impreza shared comparatively a lot with the regular Impreza. That has to sting a bit, pull out what probably felt to many at Subaru like "all the stops" for the thing.. and it gets torched. I guess don't pull out all the stops. For example, stop at the cladding.

But they are listening to "owner feedback" so keep "talking to them" on these forums.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #3423
Straight6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 419593
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
Regardless, unlike Subaru, I believe VW will respond to the complaints quickly.
Straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #3424
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
95 Sambar 06 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Only windshield and front windows shared with Impreza. I didn't really think about that - VA, which was touted as a totally separate model from Impreza shared comparatively a lot with the regular Impreza.

This will be no different. When the Impreza gets it's FMC, it'll share just as much as the VA did with the last Impreza. This new WRX went further to only sharing glass to where the VA only shared some glass, roof, and trunk. Interior was shared and so will these new ones it seems after seeing that very small glance of the next Crosstrek interior.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #3425
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Flortlandia
Vehicle:
2022 RIP Buttons
McFarland

Default

There is no Impreza only Levorg.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2022 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.