Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 14, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Bay Area Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-23-2002, 01:21 AM   #51
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11835
Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

hey scoobydoo02,

welcome to our little Central Valley thread!

I'm having some friend's from out-of-town next weekend so I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to go anywhere. check out the Fresno Region SCCA site here: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Fresno/index.html and see if you can make some events. I will try to head up to Atwater to watch the ProSolo events on 5/11...maybe I'll see you there?

Matt
AnimalMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2002, 02:03 AM   #52
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12825
Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Hello Scoobydoo! And welcome!

I'm like a mad dog. I want to go everywhere, anytime! What is the "asperagras festival"? Car show? On Saturday or Sunday?

I got my GFB BOV late this afternoon, cut my fingers and got it on before it was too dark... blood all over the place.. kind of. It's set on the 100% because I couldn't see anything and I was tired fighting with that damn hose. It's loud. The pssscchhhhh sound is a little bit too short. I will try the 50/50 tomorrow.

How small is Fresno? Well, let's say I drove home and this guy is going the other way with a silver WRX, I stopped and we talked. And I found out it was Sean!
Again, nice meeting you Sean. And those OZs look very good!

Matt, how was your hangover?
What is the ProSolo? I looked at the link you posted earlier... really cool. I saw that you guys have consistent times. That's good. What is the difference between "Event #", "Auto-x #", "Fresno Concours", "National SCCA" and "ProSolo"?

Also, do you have to wear an helmet for auto-x?
ticrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:55 AM   #53
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

How was my hangover? I think I'm one of those lucky few that doesn't get them or knows when to stop pounding beer and start maintaining the current groove...hehe, we all know it is the latter. Hangovers are not cool, therefore I do my best to avoid them!

You sure are getting some of those cool toys ticrab, I'd like to hear that BOV next time we see each other.

ProSolo is when two cars go side-by-side on mirror-image tracks, starting with a short dragstrip. When they are finished, they switch sides and go at it again. It is part of the SCCA's National tour across the country so there should be quite an awesome showing. Solo2 is what you have seen in the videos and what the Fresno region supports.

I think the person that maintains the site just wasn't consistent when they posted "Event #" and "Auto-x #" as they are the same thing. I believe the Fresno Concours is a car show but I'm not positive as I haven't been to it before. Helmets are required at all events and they have loaners if you don't have one...I don't own one.

I can't believe you ran into Sean...too funny....

Matt
Old 04-23-2002, 03:45 AM   #54
HondaS2K8888
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17441
Vehicle:
2002 Honda S2000
Silver

Hey guys,

Any WRX's still coming out to our meet at Woodward park this Sunday? 12:30 pm? Since we're closer to the meet date now- I need to get a final count so I can see how much food and drinks we need.

If you are planning to attend, are you ok with a $2 chip in for food and drinks? Depending on how many people plan on coming out, we were going to order a 6 foot sub from Subway/Port of subs. Or would you guys be up for "bringing your own" food and drinks?

-Brian
HondaS2K8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 12:05 PM   #55
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Well, the BOV is cool... still don't know if I like it... it's a lot a short loud psscchhhhh. And I heard and CAI would make the sound fade a little at the end. I planned to get a AEM anyway... damn, I will never get that house anytime soon if i don't stop modding. But when will I ever do that again with a house payment and 2 future potential kids?

Matt, thank you for the info on all that jargon for the different competition. I will ask you more questions next time at lunch. I started to read about rules and all that kind of stuff.

I spotted Sean 3 times but didn't know it was him. Just before getting in my apartment complex. My Wife was telling me too that she saw him several times when going to work. And she was like "He has tinted windows and I think different wheels, and... we need more mods too". Right now, I'm trying to "calm her down" since she wants cosmetic mods... yeah, like I'm complaining.

Brian, $2 is a good deal and I will try to come by this Sunday. What time again?
Old 04-23-2002, 10:35 PM   #56
Sean Silva
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15899
Vehicle:
2003 Nissan 350Z
Chrome Silver

What's up my Central Valley Peeps?

Scoobydoo2-
Glad to see you on our thread! So I'm curious like ticrab, what time and where exactly is the festival and car show?

Laurent-
It was very nice meeting you yesterday. I also thought it was pretty darn funny that you and I have seen each other once or twice before, but didn't know who was who. Anyhow, that's awesome about the GFB BOV. I was actually considering that one as well, so I'll be really curious to see how it sounds at 50/50.
Also, I'm not the most computer literate person, but I think the domain is a great thing to get going and I would like to help as well.

Matt-
Brad and I missed you on Sat. We were the only two WRXs out there so we had to represent 2X as hard. Things went better for me than the first event, despite one huge a## plow through a turn that I decided to DNF:monkey: . The Kumhos made a huge difference with the rear sway bar. (Give me some oversteer baby!)

Brian-
I'll head on out Sunday, but I want to see some more Rexs out there. Come on Laurent, you need to help me represent!

Also, we really aught to get a group drive out to the foothills goin' on some day on a weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I've found a few nice twisty routes not too far out of Fresburg.
Sean Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:16 AM   #57
HondaS2K8888
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Honda S2000
Silver

Sweet! It'll be nice to check out some WRX's. I saw a white WRX on Blackstone the other day. I tried flagging them down for you guys and letting them know about this site, but traffic was too heavy. Also, anyone a professor at Fresno State? I saw a silver WRX parked in the teacher's parking lot....wondering if it's anyone here. I go to Fresno state btw.

I'm going to go ahead and order the sub and bring an icechest for drinks. I have some people still giving me a "maybe" if they're coming out so if it's a good turnout.....I'm not sure if one 6 foot sub is going to be enough food. Best thing to do - bring your own food, but if you make it out their early, then most likely there will be food left

Time: 12:30 pm
Date: Sunday, April 28th
Place: Woodward park (Sunset View - the last parking lot of the park. We're hoping this spot will be the least crowded.)

Cya guys then.

-Brian
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 AM   #58
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaS2K8888
Also, anyone a professor at Fresno State? I saw a silver WRX parked in the teacher's parking lot....wondering if it's anyone here. I go to Fresno state btw.

-Brian
let me guess, lowered, tinted windows, gauges, almost always parks backwards by Joyal... hehehe....no you can't have my yellow parking pass!

I'm full-time staff there...work for ITS but sit in the Financial Aid office... I can't promise anything for Sunday because of some friends coming into town, but I'll try.

Matt
Old 04-24-2002, 01:28 PM   #59
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Brian,

I will be in Santa Cruz this Saturday but will be there on Sunday. 12:30pm.

Sean,

How in the hell do you know how to spell my name??!?!?
And I was really suprised you could say it right too. My Wife sometimes has still a hard time to pronounce it properly too. Don't tell her that.....

Matt and Sean,

Lunch tomorrow?

ScoobyDoo... the "asperagras" festival is this weekend? What is it and how do you get there?
Old 04-24-2002, 03:42 PM   #60
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by ticrab
Matt and Sean,

Lunch tomorrow?
that's cool with me. Do you want to go to Tomo's again? Maybe Sean should pick if he can go since he is more strapped for time....

Matt
Old 04-24-2002, 04:32 PM   #61
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Ok.
Hey, everybody, I didn't mean to be rude, you guys can join too, anytime.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:50 PM   #62
Sean Silva
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Nissan 350Z
Chrome Silver

Default lunch

What's up guys!?

Hey, lunch sounds cool, but Matt is right, my time is limited. How does Zeni Ya sound at 12:00? I usually go there every once in a while and have enough time to sit for 25 mins. and get back to school. If this is too far, let me know.

-Sean
Old 04-24-2002, 08:11 PM   #63
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

Default Re: lunch

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Silva
What's up guys!?

Hey, lunch sounds cool, but Matt is right, my time is limited. How does Zeni Ya sound at 12:00? I usually go there every once in a while and have enough time to sit for 25 mins. and get back to school. If this is too far, let me know.

-Sean
Zeni Ya...that is by Kastner, right? I can be there at noon.

Matt
Old 04-24-2002, 08:18 PM   #64
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

All right.. twice in a row! I may have a late meeting that morning. I'll try to make it. It's that place by the Blockbusters, right?
Old 04-24-2002, 09:51 PM   #65
Sean Silva
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Nissan 350Z
Chrome Silver

Talking lunch tomorrow

Matt and Laurent,

Thanks for letting me choose the grub! Yeah, Zeni Ya is near Kastner and the Blockbuster on First and Nees. I'll be there just a few minutes after 12. Thanks.

-Sean
Old 04-26-2002, 06:43 PM   #66
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Sorry guys, I flaked out....

But I have something interesting:
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=178990
I just go them today. Will be a while before I get tires though... I need money, money, and let's see, hmmm.... yeah, money.

Who's going to Woodward park for the S2000 meet? Or who's going to Stockton for the "asperagras" feswtival... I still don't what that is...
Old 04-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #67
AnimalMother
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 Honda Pilot
Dark Blue

awww man, you suck ticrab....I can't believe you don't want to keep the 16" RE92s. now you will be at a disadvantage at the auto-x because nothing can grip as good as the stock tires!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:36 PM   #68
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

I don't know why I'm laughing yet since I didn't do any auto-x... I may have the wheels but the best mod is the one that sits behind the steering wheel, right?
Old 04-26-2002, 09:32 PM   #69
Sean Silva
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Nissan 350Z
Chrome Silver

Hey guys.

Just picked up my car from service this afternoon and let me say how F*##& happy I am that they fixed my B-Pillar rattle. If I had to go another day hearing that crap I was gonna start bustin' heads. I won't go into much detail here, but it was a good experiecnce and Mike in the service department was determined to take care of it. I pretty pumped!

Laurent & Matt

Sorry you didn't get a chance to catch some grub with Matt and I.
Matt, it was great to talk car crap with someone who actually listened, thanks. My girl listens, but she doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about. ( "Blow off valve what?" "Downpipe who?"

Anyway, that's awesome about you wheels Luarent. The way you spend money on your ride is actaully making me look good,
( "See honey, look at this post. This guy blew way more money than I did this week!" ) Keep it up dude!

I hope to see you guys out there at Woodward on Sun. Let me know what's up.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:03 PM   #70
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

All I can do:
Old 04-27-2002, 12:05 AM   #71
MyFastToys
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15741
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
silver m2 turbo back,uni

Default woodward park

which park is this ?? is this the Woodward lake near modesto
down highway 132 ?/

i want to go just curious where the meeting is?
let me know thankx
james
MyFastToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 02:01 AM   #72
ticrab
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Subaru WRX
Silver

Woodward Park is a small park in Fresno, north area of Fresno.

From 99 North, use the Herndon exit and go east for around 6 miles up until Blackstone Avenue. Go north on Blackstone Avenue. Blackstone avenue will turn into Friant road. Keep going until you reach the intersection Friant Road/Audubon Drive. Make a left on Audubon Drive. Woodward Park will be on your right 500 feet from the intersection. I think it's actually your first right. It's BEFORE the overpass.

From 99 South, go North on Hwy41 up to Fryant exit. Get off on Friant. Turn right at the light and go up to the Friant/Audubon drive intersection. Make a left on Audubon Drive. Woodward Park will be on your right 500 feet from the intersection. I think it's actually your first right. It's BEFORE the overpass.

In the park, drive up to the Sunset View parking lot, the last one I think. Be careful, the whole park is a One Way road.

MAP:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...tle=&poi=&ds=n
Old 04-27-2002, 01:16 PM   #73
Guipo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9180
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza 2.5RS
Rally Blue

Default whohoo MANTECA

there's a few rex's in manteca. Mines the one that says...faster than the speed of rice.... on the liscence plate.

Guipo
Guipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 01:51 PM   #74
HondaS2K8888
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Honda S2000
Silver

James, Guipo - It would be sweet if you guys could show up at the meet. For more directions and details, check out our thread on the S2Ki message board site(There's a map of the park if you scroll down the thread): http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=56107

Date: Sunday, April 28th
Time: 12:30 pm
Place: Woodward park in Fresno("Sunset View" - last parking lot of the park)

Matt, Sean, Laurent - Hopefully, you guys got my email(sorry if it was kinda long). The weather has been changed to partly cloudy so it looks like we'll be ok for tomorrow. Hope to meet you guys then!

-Brian
Old 04-27-2002, 06:41 PM   #75
DaLazieOne
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12787
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Midnight Black Pearl

Cool

i know this is kinda random, but how many people like/want to skydive? cause i was thinking we could possibly get another meet together and for those who wanted they could go skydiving. i heard about a place in the central valley near stackton where they do it. anyone down, or know where it is?

rob
DaLazieOne is offline   Reply With Quote