Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 22, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #801
Tak_5208
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491755
Default 2010 impreza key fob

Im having some issues programming my key fob. I have had several different key fobs and had the same issue with all of them and that is that the fob will sync with the vehicle but won't actually work. Took it to a lock smith and they got it to pair with my vehicle but still same problem in that it won't work. Wondering if there may be a problem with the car receiving the signal or what else it may be??
Tak_5208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #802
green77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492440
Default Keyless entry

Just found a thread talking about keyless entry on an 02 wrx and I've been trying to figure out if mine has it. Was hoping you could check my VIN and find out or tell me how. Thanks!
green77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:28 PM   #803
MaadYetti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498199

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but by security system apparently arms itself without locking the doors... By the time I've finished filling up with fuel the alarm will go off when i open my still unlocked door. It doesn't seem to be in valet mode, as the alarm sounds, but it does get frustrating. The only way around it for now seems to be unlocking the door (which was never locked in the first place) before getting in. Any suggestions??

i have a 2007 outback 2.5i

Last edited by MaadYetti; 02-24-2019 at 12:24 AM.
MaadYetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:55 PM   #804
BrooklynJerry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499698
Default "Silent reprogramming"

Hello all. New to the forums. 2007 subaru impreza 2.5i. Thanks for all the information and it sounds very familiar to all the YouTube videos and instructions I've read about reprogramming a fob. Like many others, they often have issues with getting their car horn to honk or the dome lights to flash or for some sort of chime indicating that the alarm is getting ready to reprogram. After many frustrating attempts and no sounds I decided to do a "silent" reprogram without those audible or visual alerts. I'll run you through what I did, it might work for you.
1. Make sure all your doors, trunk, hood are in the closed position.
2. Open door and sit in car.
3. Open and close door.
4. Toggle ignition from off to on 10 times (i've read in some forums that sometimes it takes 11 and this was the case for me. No audible or visual alerts up to this point.
5. Open and close the door.
6. This part is crucial. If all was done correctly up to this point you should be ready to input your key fob ID numbers found on the inside of your remote (usually 2 sets of number, top one usually). This is how I knew I was on the right track. Usually when you hit the lock and unlock buttons you hear the doors lock and unlock but in programming mode you don't hear anything. If you do you've got to start all over. Input ID with lock and unlock button. Press lock the number of times the number is and when you're ready to input the next number press unlock. Input the whole sequence..... Wait 2-3 seconds and input the ID numbers again. No audible or visual alerts, nor lock indicator toggling lock and unlock.
7. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob
8. Open and close your door
9. Pull key from ignition
10. Wait 5 seconds and try your key fob. Worked for me.

Last edited by BrooklynJerry; 03-29-2019 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Did not mention car
BrooklynJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #805
hooboy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 429278
Default '99-'03 Alpine keyless entry and security system: THE FACTS

I normally hang out on USMB (I don't have an Impreza), but there's been a lot of discussion of this system here and nobody has ever had the answers (anywhere). I suffered some of these maddeningly intractable problems with a '99 OBW and an '02 Forester and decided to do something about it - I built a bench test jig that would allow me to mess with the system under controlled conditions.

If NASIOC will allow a link to USMB, you can read the details in my thread there:

https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum...ting-my-chops/

Here's the summary:

First, there are persistent myths that have no basis in fact. These include:
  • That you need to cycle the key ON/OFF "approximately 10 times" to enter programming mode. FACT: The actual number is 10, period.
  • That the brake pedal is somehow involved in the programming process. FACT: There is no connection between the brakes and this system.
  • That you might have to go through the programming sequence 10 times for it to stick. FACT: Pure nonsense - it works first time, every time.
  • That "valet mode" inhibits programming new remote transmitters. FACT: It doesn't.
  • That you have to wait 10 minutes for something. FACT: You don't, unless your name is Vladimir or Estragon, in which case you're going to have to wait much longer.
What I've learned is that the system works exactly as described in the owner's manual. Follow those instructions and it'll do what you ask. If it doesn't, stop trying, because there's something wrong.

At the core of all these problems (and the myths) is the failure of the system to enter programming mode after the ten ignition key twists. While I haven't yet completed my experiments, I'm fairly certain that the common cause is very simple: That over time the keyswitch contacts wear and become (electrically) noisy. This noise confuses the keyless entry system, and it's unable to count the ten twists. That's all. So if you're having this problem, ignore all the bu11$h!t out there and replace the keyswitch.

I'm going to keep playing with this and will edit this post (or post a followup) as necessary.

Last edited by hooboy; 04-17-2019 at 07:36 PM.
hooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #806
doru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506989
Default Switchblade key shell

Hi guys,
the thread about this is closed now and being new here I found this the most appropriate place to post.

The thread I'm talking about is 2011/2012 WRX Flip / Switchblade Key , although I'm looking for a 2009 Outback.

Where do you guys get the switchblade key shell these days?
The ones I found have poor reviews and/or not working. None of them come with Subaru sticker like the one posted in NASIOC thread.

Thanks
doru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #807
SpencerFoxDavis
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506921
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default Upgrading from Key and seperate Fob to integrated key

I have a 2002 WRX and was hoping to be able to replace my current key setup (one transponderless key with a separate fob) to a two-in-one system (like the 2012-2017 models). Is this possible? Could I upgrade the receiver in the car? Thanks for any suggestions!
SpencerFoxDavis is offline   Reply With Quote