Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 18, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
Soosh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498601
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2013 STi
White

Default Fuel and spark in one cylinder

So I have 2013 STi which I've now rebuilt twice in the last couple of months. Long story short, I spun a rod bearing and rebuilt my engine with a short block from Subaru. My oil pump failed a week after the rebuild and I was back to square one. We (my mechanic buddy, my mechanic dad and I) had taken the block apart and replaced all of the bearings and parts that were needed.

We got the block back in the car, fired it up without the accessories on (alternator, a/c, etc.) and it started like a dream. Sounded great. We put all of the accessories back on and the car idled real rough and stalled out and now won't start anymore. We checked compression, timing, sensors, coil packs and they all seem to check out fine. We tested fuel and spark and noticed that only cylinder 1 is getting spark and fuel. I fear that my ECU is fried but after many talks with other subie owners and chats with techs at dealers, I'm sure that an ECU wouldn't blow from anything that I would have done. After hours and hours of yelling at my car for a while I've decided to come here.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause fuel and spark to only one cylinder??
Soosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Crank trigger sprocket. See if any teeth are broken off.
Turn in Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Soosh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498601
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2013 STi
White

I don't think it's the crank sprocket. I check that when we triple checked timing...
Soosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
Turn in Concepts
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

I just re-read it, and I'm stumped withotu looking at it. My first inclination would be something to do with either cam or crank positions sensor.
Turn in Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
Mattdg67
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 363166
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Black

Double check all the engine grounds, it can cause some weird issues when they're loose or disconnected.
Mattdg67 is offline   Reply With Quote