Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 16, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
mkydsm
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 339218
Default Discount Tire Direct

My experience with these guys has been a nightmare so far. Between wrong orders, delays, and being flat out lied to, I will never place an another order with Discount Tire Direct.

Let me begin...

Early February:

I call in to place an order for Enkei RS05RR's and confirm the fitment and size multiple times. They advise 1-2 month lead time special order from Enkei Japan, ok that's fine.

Late April:

My wheels arrive as scheduled, great. But wait... they are the WRONG size. Not sure how you mess up a custom order from Japan, but whatever people make mistakes. I return them and a new set is ordered, 1-2 month wait scheduled for late June (with emails confirming this).

Late June:

I call to ask for a status update, and the rep tells me 1-2 more weeks it looks like. This turns out to be a flat out lie.

Two weeks later...

I call and ask for a status update. This new rep states that the prior rep had commented that they had notified me that they are scheduled for late SEPTEMBER (5 months!). If they would have actually said this to me, I would have cancelled the order on the spot. The rep doesn't believe me of course and blatantly assumes I AM lying.

Here is the kicker, this rep then supposedly calls Enkei while I'm on hold, and then advises me that another customer had cancelled an order already in the U.S.; and they will redirect a set to me shipping next week. Great!

Two weeks later...

I have not gotten a shipping confirmation, so I call again. This new rep advises me that they see no record of my prior conversation, and nothing is scheduled to be shipped to me. At this point I am furious and ask to speak to a manager to get this ironed out. The manager advises he will get to the bottom of it and call me back.

The next day...

I get a call back from Discount Tire Direct, stating that they investigated my order. The manager apologized for the incorrect shipping information from the prior rep (their way of saying they were full of it), and then says my wheels are still on track for their original delivery in SEPTEMBER. I explained I had documentation on ETA June, all of the calls, etc. "I just have to go by the order comments" is the broken record I get.

At this point I don't really have a choice but to wait, since I am out of the country all of August.

Bottom line: I do not recommend ordering from these guys, especially any kind of custom order. Their reps are incompetent, will blatantly lie to you, and the managers will offer no remediation. I understand you have to defend your reps, but when they are constantly spewing BS it doesn't help your business at all.
mkydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links