Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 17, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default RSD - horrible return policy

I recently bought an item from RSD (less than one week ago). I received it and opened the box. I have decided not to keep the item, but RSD won't take it back for a refund. The item was never used / never installed. It is still in new condition, all contents within the box are intact. However, the simple act of opening the box voids my ability to return it. This is RSD's "standard" return policy (more like no return).

My only chance is to call Crawford and see if they will take it back, even though I bought it from RSD.

Don't buy ANYTHING from RSD unless you are 1000% sure you don't care to lose your $$ in the event you change your mind.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
D-rock240
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 284221
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: West of Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2011 WRX GV SSM
2003 Outback wagon 2-tone

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I recently bought an item from RSD (less than one week ago). I received it and opened the box. I have decided not to keep the item, but RSD won't take it back for a refund. The item was never used / never installed. It is still in new condition, all contents within the box are intact. However, the simple act of opening the box voids my ability to return it. This is RSD's "standard" return policy (more like no return).

My only chance is to call Crawford and see if they will take it back, even though I bought it from RSD.

Don't buy ANYTHING from RSD unless you are 1000% sure you don't care to lose your $$ in the event you change your mind.

It's stated on their return policy page:

Quote:
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pages/returns

For more information regarding our freight refund policy, please refer to the Product Refunds section below. Due to the dangerous and stressful nature of racing and performance vehicles, no returns will be accepted on opened, installed, or otherwise used products. Failure to comply with the terms stated herein, as well as those stated on the RMA form, may result in delayed return processing and/or refusal of returned packages. Items that were shipped incorrectly, have been damaged in transit, or which require warranty repair or replacement are not covered by our Standard Return Policy and must be reviewed by a member of our customer service department.
Can you try and sell it here?
D-rock240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-rock240 View Post
It's stated on their return policy page:



Can you try and sell it here?


Itís a ****ty return policy... and eventually I will sell..
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Default

You're still buying from RSD even after the hissy-fit you threw a month ago?

You still haven't learned your lesson that you need to research things (products, vendors) before purchasing them?

Have you considered becoming an adult rather than trash companies whose only fault was taking an order from you?

There wasn't even a modicum of deception here.
GlarryHoodDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post
You're still buying from RSD even after the hissy-fit you threw a month ago?

You still haven't learned your lesson that you need to research things (products, vendors) before purchasing them?

Have you considered becoming an adult rather than trash companies whose only fault was taking an order from you?

There wasn't even a modicum of deception here.
I'm not trashing the company. I'm simply providing useful information to other potential buyers... Not many companies have a "no return policy" disguised as a "standard return policy".

In fact, RSD is the first company that I bought from who doesn't at least try to work with the customer. They obviously don't care.

So the moral of the story is... If you buy something from RSD and the item has a "standard return policy" there is NO RETURNING the item for a refund / exchange / in-store credit REGARDLESS once the packaging has been opened.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
blurred
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 47143
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I'm not trashing the company. I'm simply providing useful information to other potential buyers... Not many companies have a "no return policy" disguised as a "standard return policy".



In fact, RSD is the first company that I bought from who doesn't at least try to work with the customer. They obviously don't care.



So the moral of the story is... If you buy something from RSD and the item has a "standard return policy" there is NO RETURNING the item for a refund / exchange / in-store credit REGARDLESS once the packaging has been opened.
No, it's pretty clear you can return unopened items. Most stores do not allow you to return opened items, or if they do you have to pay a restocking fee to cover their losses from having to resell it at a reduced price.

You took value from them by opening it, why should they suffer?

The moral here is, read the policy first, just like every store you purchase something from.
blurred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
MortonCharbo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 487057
Join Date: Jun 2018
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: California
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
PSM

Default

I had one horrible experience with them as well. My first, and last, experience, about a year ago. Not trying to jump on the bandwagon here.

Bought about 2k in parts. Some were already opened when I got them. The bag the radiator was in was torn open (inside the box) and there were scratches from it obviously being installed before. Also got bushings which had an opened bag inside the external packaging as well.

If I found this, maybe they do accept returns?

Anyway I went on their chat to bring it up and they basically told me to get stuffed then simply stopped responding in the chat. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the rant.
MortonCharbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #8
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default RSD - horrible return policy

Utter fallacy. Most stores accept open items. Hell I could have bought the SAME product from amazon, or ebay and they even pay for the return shipping label. I bought from RSD because they are an authorized resller. Itís quite rare that stores do not accept un-used open items.

The purpose of this post is to WARN people about their no-return policy.

Most people are used to a standard return policy in which the customer can return an item as long as they can show a purchase receipt and the item isnít damaged. RSDís ďstandardĒ policy is much different than most companies. Itís truly a NO-return policy if you open the box. RSD deems items to be broken, used, missing, etc, once the box has been opened.

Also, RSDís unwillingness to provide in-store credit or any other type of resolution other than ďoh well... itís your fault for not being a RSD policy guruĒ shows how little they care about customer satisfaction.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default RSD - horrible return policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonCharbo View Post
I had one horrible experience with them as well. My first, and last, experience, about a year ago. Not trying to jump on the bandwagon here.



Bought about 2k in parts. Some were already opened when I got them. The bag the radiator was in was torn open (inside the box) and there were scratches from it obviously being installed before. Also got bushings which had an opened bag inside the external packaging as well.



If I found this, maybe they do accept returns?



Anyway I went on their chat to bring it up and they basically told me to get stuffed then simply stopped responding in the chat. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.



Sorry for the rant.


Thanks for sharing your experience! RSD has people monitoring forums of this type to try to squelch or ridicule anyone who says they are bad or doesnít think they are a 5-star rating stor.

RSD doesnít care once money is in their pockets.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #10
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
No, it's pretty clear you can return unopened items. Most stores do not allow you to return opened items, or if they do you have to pay a restocking fee to cover their losses from having to resell it at a reduced price.

You took value from them by opening it, why should they suffer?

The moral here is, read the policy first, just like every store you purchase something from.


^ This must be a RSD employee..

In any case, RSDís puts their 100% satisfaction guarantee bullsquart at the top of their policy. This is obviously an intentional misleading marketing scheme to give customer a false sense of security when buying from them.

Is not UNTIL one scrolls down that the standard policy (more like SOL policy) that one can learn the moment a box is opened, it wonít be accepted back.

This can be seen in this image I took from their page moments ago using my mobile device.

ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #11
blurred
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 47143
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
^ This must be a RSD employee..

In any case, RSDís puts their 100% satisfaction guarantee bullsquart at the top of their policy. This is obviously an intentional misleading marketing scheme to give customer a false sense of security when buying from them.

Is not UNTIL one scrolls down that the standard policy (more like SOL policy) that one can learn the moment a box is opened, it wonít be accepted back.

This can be seen in this image I took from their page moments ago using my mobile device.

They specifically state that SOME items are part of their Guarantee policy. You should try reading, or developing your reading comprehension skills.

You're still arguing about something you simply didn't look into before you purchased. Just accept your responsibility and move on, it's 100% your issue.
blurred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #12
fullah
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 233053
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default

That screenshot is definitely misleading if they say 100% satisfaction guarantee and then don't allow you to return it. I would understand if they force you to exchange for a store credit but to completely deny a return because of an open box on an unused item isn't a good practice. I have never purchased from them but I would definitely be cautious after seeing the conflicting info.
fullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #13
fullah
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 233053
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
They specifically state that SOME items are part of their Guarantee policy. You should try reading, or developing your reading comprehension skills.

You're still arguing about something you simply didn't look into before you purchased. Just accept your responsibility and move on, it's 100% your issue.
For what it's worth I took the point of the thread more as a reminder about the rsd return policy rather than him talking **** about them. He's upset he can't return his stuff but to me he made the thread as a heads up so other people don't find out the hard way.
fullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #14
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
They specifically state that SOME items are part of their Guarantee policy. You should try reading, or developing your reading comprehension skills.

You're still arguing about something you simply didn't look into before you purchased. Just accept your responsibility and move on, it's 100% your issue.
This is a trend with him. He did this 3 weeks ago and threw a hissy-fit about how evil RSD is with their censorship, but here he is 3 weeks later, buying more products from a company he hates.

You're also not the first person hes accused of working for RSD Its great, he has two entire threads bashing RSD for censorship- yet both are still up with zero edits

What's also great is that he shows the RSD 100% guarantee graphic, but he fails to mention that wasn't available for the product he bought. Now who's the one being misleading?

Hed be a great troll if he wasn't so incompetent.
GlarryHoodDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #15
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullah View Post
For what it's worth I took the point of the thread more as a reminder about the rsd return policy rather than him talking **** about them. He's upset he can't return his stuff but to me he made the thread as a heads up so other people don't find out the hard way.


Thank you!! This is exactly the point Iím conveying!
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #16
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post
This is a trend with him. He did this 3 weeks ago and threw a hissy-fit about how evil RSD is with their censorship, but here he is 3 weeks later, buying more products from a company he hates.



You're also not the first person hes accused of working for RSD Its great, he has two entire threads bashing RSD for censorship- yet both are still up with zero edits



What's also great is that he shows the RSD 100% guarantee graphic, but he fails to mention that wasn't available for the product he bought. Now who's the one being misleading?



Hed be a great troll if he wasn't so incompetent.


^ This person also works for RSD.. You people call ANY type of feedback that doesnít align with your personal bias as ďhissy fitĒ.

The other thread is completely unrelated but you are talking about it here. Obviously your goal is to discredit me because I happen to have an opinion. You failed and fail yet again.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #17
GlarryHoodDIT
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 460907
Join Date: Jan 2017
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2016 WRX

Default


Yes though, I drive to SLC and back to Denver daily, you caught me. Most people tell me its not worth it, but if I can continue to make eriiccssoonns life harder it's worth it for us. That's actually our mission statement, "Confuse morons by clearly and succinctly stating our policies," it's very successful.

Question: How is it you've been a member here for approaching a decade, yet the concept of quoting multiple people in one post still eludes you?
GlarryHoodDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:19 AM   #18
JDMJNKY
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (19)
 
Member#: 253498
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: sOuL-CaLiFoRnIa
Vehicle:
05 RSTI
MURK'D

Default

My take on this whole thing..... regardless of their policy. You buy it, it's yours. Buyer remorse gets no love here. If you buy something and decided later-on that you do not want it, it's yours to re-sell. Why do I feel this way? Because, it upsets everything. Basic Logistics of a supply chain just makes it a loosing deal on the sellers end. Not including the possible mishaps that can occur during the return.

To touch lightly on logistics:

cosworth R&D > cosworth / cosworth distributor (RSD in this case) > usps/fedex/ups > you

oh I don't like it.

you > usps/fedex/ups > RSD (in these simplified ex. this doesn't account for accounting/inventory/etc. that must take place. Imagine this taking place tens of thousands of times per year, that same place you once loved to shop for deals and vast inventory, changes all of a sudden. Costs had to be cut, suppliers dropped, deals are not "deals" anymore)


at anytime in that process "to and fro" the boxes new like condition maybe disturbed. Now, it's either a clearance item or an item that needs to be repackaged for resale all because you changed your mind.The companies loose. Inevitably, people complain about prices of items sometimes, but they fail to realize that a lot of these exact things have to be considered when a company designs and item to sell. Then we want discounts, coupons, deals. Operating in a negative wouldn't spell deals to me; unless we are climbing out of a hole. What happens when the "deal" item is returned? You see, it's a vicious cycle! I can understand the wrong item returns, but buyers remorse? that's for children.

I fell into the hype and bought a GS intake. Chances are it may just work fine, sadly after seeing videos of aftermarket intakes with high IATs, I've been tempted to keep my stock with a drop in filter. All I've done is open the box as well. Should I now return it? No, it's my issue to sort. Either I use it or re-sell it at a loss. "such is life." To RSD, the no return at all, that is BS. If it were me, sure; send it. ALL returns 20-30% restocking fee and get store credit. NO EXCEPTIONS. Store credit would not apply to holiday/sale items. ALL buyer remorse items, buyer pays return shipping. Exchanges under buyers remorse? client pays shipping both ways. It's a tighter policy but still allows some wiggle room for customer satisfaction.
JDMJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #19
Stija
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 492861
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
18 WRX Stg 2 tuned
Silver

Default

Hey man they also have the 100% guarantee stamp that pretends like you can buy it and try it and return it if it isn’t making you 100% satisfied. There is no * or small print on the guarantee.

So like the OP said, it’s misleading and also a ****ty policy. Why would anyone buy from them when amazon or any other big retailer would stand behind their 100% satisfaction guarantee unlike RSD.

Thank you OP. I never purchase from them anyway cuz they are always too expensive but good to know.
Stija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #20
anarekist
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 468117
Join Date: May 2017
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Southern Cali
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
DMG

Default

thanks OP for the heads up, i will be more careful and explore more options when deciding to purchase items online.
anarekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #21
JDMJNKY
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (19)
 
Member#: 253498
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: sOuL-CaLiFoRnIa
Vehicle:
05 RSTI
MURK'D

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stija View Post
Hey man they also have the 100% guarantee stamp that pretends like you can buy it and try it and return it if it isnít making you 100% satisfied. There is no * or small print on the guarantee.

So like the OP said, itís misleading and also a ****ty policy. Why would anyone buy from them when amazon or any other big retailer would stand behind their 100% satisfaction guarantee unlike RSD.

Thank you OP. I never purchase from them anyway cuz they are always too expensive but good to know.
I agree itís confusing and they should lead with what they mean most. They could also mark products that are non refundable; as I mentioned to avoid the headache as a buyer, itís best to know what you ďneedĒ before you buy.
JDMJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #22
Stija
*** Banned ***
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 492861
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
18 WRX Stg 2 tuned
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJNKY View Post
I agree it’s confusing and they should lead with what they mean most. They could also mark products that are non refundable; as I mentioned to avoid the headache as a buyer, it’s best to know what you “need” before you buy.
Agreed. It is also best to know that once you buy something it is standard policy that you can’t return it. Instead you have false advertising of “buy it, try it, return it.”

Last edited by Stija; 12-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Stija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #23
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlarryHoodDIT View Post

Yes though, I drive to SLC and back to Denver daily, you caught me. Most people tell me its not worth it, but if I can continue to make eriiccssoonns life harder it's worth it for us. That's actually our mission statement, "Confuse morons by clearly and succinctly stating our policies," it's very successful.

Question: How is it you've been a member here for approaching a decade, yet the concept of quoting multiple people in one post still eludes you?

Most people don't live in your little twisted version of the planet.

In the planet I live, people make mistakes, and learn from those mistakes. Some people even go as far as to WARN other folk not to make the same mistake I made for whatever the reason. So feel to go back to whatever rock you crawled from. Your opinion isn't relevant here..
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJNKY View Post
To RSD, the no return at all, that is BS. If it were me, sure; send it. ALL returns 20-30% restocking fee and get store credit. NO EXCEPTIONS. Store credit would not apply to holiday/sale items. ALL buyer remorse items, buyer pays return shipping. Exchanges under buyers remorse? client pays shipping both ways. It's a tighter policy but still allows some wiggle room for customer satisfaction.
Obviously, I have no choice BUT to keep the item I bought. However, RSD's unwillingness to try to come up with a resolution of sorts shows how little they care about customer satisfaction. I'm simply warning people.

RSD should be rename their "standard policy" to "SOL policy" )
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #25
ericsson
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 208672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
They specifically state that SOME items are part of their Guarantee policy. You should try reading, or developing your reading comprehension skills.

You're still arguing about something you simply didn't look into before you purchased. Just accept your responsibility and move on, it's 100% your issue.

You're straight up retarded

I am WARNING potential and future buyers BEFORE they make a purchase to ensure they know the difference between RSD's SOL policy.
ericsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.