Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 16, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
MrMike46
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505534
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy

Default Stuck shift solenoid?

The details. 1999 Legacy SW 2.2L 4EAT.
The history. Engine needed a new rear main seal for PA safety and emissions inspection. Also needed new front CV axles.
Work done. Since every thing was pulled out we had the torque converter seal replaced, new external filter, new screen plus new fluid.
The problem. About a week after running perfectly the trans started locking up when the selector is moved to R, 2, or 1. In D or 3 the car will move until it tries to upshift.
I'm guessing a solenoid stuck open causing a clutch or band to apply at start up.
There are no codes other than P0731 which is to be expected since the trans locks.
Also did the FWD fuse trick to rule out torque bind.
I'm on a limited budget and can't DYI this.
Anybody out there have a similar problem and solution I can take to the technician and save some $$ on diagnostic fees?
Thanx in advance for any help.
MrMike46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
chrystieann
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505595

I have a 2013 impreza and the mechanic told me that it is a code p2764 solenoid lock up. i'll be following the thread to see if there is any information given. i also can't cover the cost, i'm out of the warranty window and i have a strange feeling the the valve spring recall work done might have triggered this.
chrystieann is offline   Reply With Quote