Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 12, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #1
Jwhit91658
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515629
Default Response to S209

So I get online after 2 days and canít respond to everyone. What is this s*** about closing a thread?

This whole app is again a joke. I remember being on it 10 years ago when I was moding my Subaruís and it always having a**holes or people that think they know everything.

Either way, Subaru is buying it back and why wouldnít a buyer expect that with less then 2000 miles on it? If they were to fix it I would expect them to put that piece of s*** in a cargo box and send it across the pacific back to the Subaru tecnica international headquarters. Someone said let the top mechanics from SOA replace the motor and to quit whining. Easy for them to say when they bought an fp green, some sti pink injectors and a street tune and they think they somehow understand.

I said this from the beginning, Iíve been there with 98% of all Subaru owners that are commenting on this thread. 02 bugeye with 395 whp, 2008 sti, 2016 limited wrx, 2018 premium wrx. Iíve owned Imprezas for 15 years. What I was looking for was comments based on thought and reason. Not on someone who owns a 35k sti, or someone who has an issue with an overpriced sti model. News flash to a lot of you guys who question why I bought it, in 10 years when youíre done messing up your warranties over mods, and spending thousands on *****ty aftermarket parts youíll hopefully be in a position to buy a track ready car. You wonít need to drive it from the car dealership to the shop. Youíll just have it ready to go. If itís breaks in 1800 miles while never getting on it then youíll understand why Its not right. From what Iíve gathered after reading most posts is that I should of followed my gut. Thatís why theyíre repurchasing it. If I listened to some of you Iíd have a Frankenstein s209-2.0 and I should just ďbe happy with itĒ.

Last edited by Jwhit91658; 06-23-2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

They may have closed the thread for fear of it becoming a flame fest, not like that's a bad thing.

I realize some guys were saying you spent too much...I wasn't one of them. I also didn't say just get the motor replaced and deal with it. My response was to try and help you realize it's not going to be a worthless pos when you get it back, because they will put the best techs on it. Maybe you should read all of the responses again and try and differentiate who was criticizing your decision from the ones trying to understand the situation and give some constructive advice. Remember, you're the one who posted the thread looking for some kind of advice and reassurance. Not everyone was trying to make you look like the purchase was a poor decision.

Now if you still believe I'm somehow belittling your mindset, sucks to be you.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:52 PM   #3
Jwhit91658
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515629

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
They may have closed the thread for fear of it becoming a flame fest, not like that's a bad thing.

I realize some guys were saying you spent too much...I wasn't one of them. I also didn't say just get the motor replaced and deal with it. My response was to try and help you realize it's not going to be a worthless pos when you get it back, because they will put the best techs on it. Maybe you should read all of the responses again and try and differentiate who was criticizing your decision from the ones trying to understand the situation and give some constructive advice. Remember, you're the one who posted the thread looking for some kind of advice and reassurance. Not everyone was trying to make you look like the purchase was a poor decision.

Now if you still believe I'm somehow belittling your mindset, sucks to be you.
Hey everyone has their opinion and l wish I had time to respond to everyone whether it was positive or negative. Iím summing up my thoughts and trying to address everyoneís responses.

At the end of the day I feel like Subaru is doing what is best for them and myself. I said I bought the car expecting the best and this specific 1 out 209 had issues. Iím not looking for a pity party or anything but thereís no way Iím going to act like itís normal to keep. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. Iím glad I was able to share even if people disagree with my approach about it
Old 06-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #4
2018wrx_newbie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477489
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
CWP

Glad to hear things worked out in your favor, and thanks for coming back and filling us in with the update. Far too often folks post something like this and never come back with any further details. I know rtv900 is on the edge of his seat to hear how things panned out -
Old 06-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #5
rtv900
Scooby Guru

Member#: 428511
Vehicle:
2016 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhit91658 View Post
Hey everyone has their opinion and l wish I had time to respond to everyone whether it was positive or negative. Iím summing up my thoughts and trying to address everyoneís responses.

At the end of the day I feel like Subaru is doing what is best for them and myself. I said I bought the car expecting the best and this specific 1 out 209 had issues. Iím not looking for a pity party or anything but thereís no way Iím going to act like itís normal to keep. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. Iím glad I was able to share even if people disagree with my approach about it
I think maybe you are a little sensitive man. Nobody said anything that was such a big deal.
And frankly, MY opinion (this is my opinion now) is that you are the one being unreasonable. You won't give somebody even ONE opportunity to rectify a situation before you demand full compensation and retraction of your purchase?

I'm curious what you do for a living because although I know you won't say, if you did my first question would be "ok, so have you ever made a mistake in your profession or are you perfect?"
If you have made a mistake, which I'm guessing you have, you'd probably feel you had the right to at least ONE opportunity to rectify it for your customer.
I'm not saying you could botch it 3 times in a row and expect them to keep coming back, but once. . . .yeah.

And on top of it all, you still won't say what offers you got.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #6
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
not my president
(From General)

I closed the thread because it had a resolution and was nothing but a flame war. Your post here says nothing new. Do you need to say Subaru is buying your car back every day until ....I don't even know. We get it. They're buying it back. Good luck with your new car, whatever that might be.

the end
Closed Thread