Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 12, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
ueavi184
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515602
Default DAM dropped but every thing else is normal

Hey guys. I just installed the Cobb Stage 1 tune on my 2019 Wrx about a week ago and this morning it showed my DAM was 0.625 When I first installed the accessport, it showed DAM was 1.00 Iím new to this and wanted to know what can cause the DAM to go down and how get it back up to 1.00 Thereís also no knocking issues 0.00 and I havenít seen anything abnormal and engine sounds good.
ueavi184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
609blk15wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 396932
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
Crystal Black Silica

Default DAM dropped but every thing else is normal

Do you know for a fact that there have been no knock issues? Or did you flash the tune then throw the AP in your glovebox and plug it in a week later?

In terms of raising your DAM, I found that long highway runs worked for me. The ECU needs to see go through the same RPM/Load/etc in the tables to add the timing back. In my 2015 WRX I was able to literally watch the Fine Knock Learn rise until it hit 0 and then climbed to positive numbers, adding timing back. I would give it throttle in 6th gear until the FKL appeared and then hold that position and let it learn. I donít know if thereís any difference for the technique on your EJ, but ECU learning should be similar.

Last edited by 609blk15wrx; 06-26-2020 at 11:26 AM.
609blk15wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #3
Sour_K
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 370021
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Did you reset the ECU or pull the terminals off the battery? In my 02 the DAM will drop to 12 or lower after a reset, I usually have to drive it ~10 highway miles to get it to go back up to 16. Different values but the method still applies.
Sour_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #4
ueavi184
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour_K View Post
Did you reset the ECU or pull the terminals off the battery? In my 02 the DAM will drop to 12 or lower after a reset, I usually have to drive it ~10 highway miles to get it to go back up to 16. Different values but the method still applies.

No I didnít reset the ECU yet. I wanted to see if it would go back up after driving it for a few days. After driving it for a few days the dam started to rise back to normal. Itís finally back at 1.00 I think it might have been the gas from Costco. I usually put chevron but I was near Costco when I needed gas. Thanks for the reply tho!
Old 06-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #5
ueavi184
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609blk15wrx View Post
Do you know for a fact that there have been no knock issues? Or did you flash the tune then throw the AP in your glovebox and plug it in a week later?

In terms of raising your DAM, I found that long highway runs worked for me. The ECU needs to see go through the same RPM/Load/etc in the tables to add the timing back. In my 2015 WRX I was able to literally watch the Fine Knock Learn rise until it hit 0 and then climbed to positive numbers, adding timing back. I would give it throttle in 6th gear until the FKL appeared and then hold that position and let it learn. I donít know if thereís any difference for the technique on your EJ, but ECU learning should be similar.

Yeah I know for a fact the car has no knock issues. After I flashed the stage 1 tune. It wasnít showing any knock and dam was normal at first. Yeah youíre right about the ecu learning the same rpm/load/etc It slowly started rising as I started driving more, usually on the highway and itís back at 1.00 now. I think it might have been the gas. I read that bad gas can sometimes cause issues with lowering the dam and causing knock. It was Costco gas I used that day lol Only gonna go with chevron and shell from now on. Thanks for the reply!