Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #3201
terry947
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 391129
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpthebobcat View Post
hey don't get me wrong, I love my wrx, the silver with dark grey wheels and no wing looks like a million bucks IMO, and it's a fun daily driver, I love the car...just saying that the red sti 2 pages back looks silly, TO ME...



Sorry if I upset anyone's delicate sensibilities...don't get your flat brims bent outta shape


Dude. I don't care. I think the silver looks mint too. I got the 18 red sti. I bought it because I think it looks sweet. If I got what everyone else wanted I'd get a wrb...screw that
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
terry947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #3202
humpthebobcat
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 443793
Join Date: Mar 2016
Vehicle:
2016 WRX m6 ISM
2005 F-150 FX4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry947 View Post
Dude. I don't care. I think the silver looks mint too. I got the 18 red sti. I bought it because I think it looks sweet. If I got what everyone else wanted I'd get a wrb...screw that
well don't I feel like Rodney Dangerfied in cadyshack lol
humpthebobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:10 AM   #3203
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry947 View Post
Dude. I don't care. I think the silver looks mint too. I got the 18 red sti. I bought it because I think it looks sweet. If I got what everyone else wanted I'd get a wrb...screw that
I'm still dying of curiosity about "heritage blue"
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:39 AM   #3204
Jawbreaker13o
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466243
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

I still haven't recieved an email regarding a more precise Delivery date. I ordered the vehicle on 04/27 and the expected date is "Last week of June"

its a WRX Limited in WRB with a STI short throw and Autodimming mirror with homelink
Jawbreaker13o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:01 AM   #3205
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd3498 View Post
I'm still dying of curiosity about "heritage blue"
From what I have been told, expect a late 2017 arrival. If I wasn't so anxious to get back into a car with actual performance, I'd wait for it to come.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #3206
Abismo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99707
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Missouri
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wolo- View Post
That was a tough article to read. Did the guy even proof read it?
Abismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #3207
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abismo View Post
That was a tough article to read. Did the guy even proof read it?
Maybe they were so excited to share their review that it got pushed through with the quickness?
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #3208
lazymonk23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466695
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Northville, MI
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
CWP

Default

lazymonk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #3209
asuhon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260576
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
WRB

Default STI special Editions

Here is what i got back from the district manager for subaru here in PA.

"No details yet. There will be 50th anniversary models of nearly every carline. I believe this is one of them. There may also be another special STI in the works. Keep an eye on Wicked Big Meet or Boxerfest for more details. Donít know for certain, but in the past they have revealed special models at these events."
asuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #3210
mnrex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 465623
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymonk23 View Post
Quote:
One aspect that deserves attention is how much Subaru cut down a lot of the outside noise. Sound deadening is a huge improvement over past models, further enhancing the daily-liveability of the car.
God that's refreshing to read. One of my biggest worries about buying a '17 was the road noise.
mnrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #3211
cidrewich
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467348
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrex View Post
God that's refreshing to read. One of my biggest worries about buying a '17 was the road noise.
It was a good review. it almost made me want to change my order from WRX to WRX STI...
cidrewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #3212
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
From what I have been told, expect a late 2017 arrival. If I wasn't so anxious to get back into a car with actual performance, I'd wait for it to come.
If it's late 2017 then I'll definitely consider waiting as I currently have a focus ST for fun but it depends if the model will be super special.
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #3213
STI 2 NV
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 31748
Join Date: Jan 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'18 WRX STI Limited
LBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd3498 View Post
If it's late 2017 then I'll definitely consider waiting as I currently have a focus ST for fun but it depends if the model will be super special.
I foresee it basically just being cosmetic, kind of like the Hyper Blue a few years ago. I wouldn't expect performance changes, but Subaru could surprise us.
STI 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #3214
32f0c492r273k
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461455
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: AK and AL
Default

Hey all, I stumbled upon something and was wondering if anyone could verify or had any extra info-

This article for the new FA20DIT motor states "the new 2.0-liter turbo can be run on regular gas or premium, but there is a minor power penalty when using regular".

Is that true? I always just assumed turbo = premium, but being able to run regular would be neat.
32f0c492r273k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #3215
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32f0c492r273k View Post
Hey all, I stumbled upon something and was wondering if anyone could verify or had any extra info-

This article for the new FA20DIT motor states "the new 2.0-liter turbo can be run on regular gas or premium, but there is a minor power penalty when using regular".

Is that true? I always just assumed turbo = premium, but being able to run regular would be neat.
It could be, my focus ST runs on regular though I never would put regular in it it loses about 25hp
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #3216
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 2 NV View Post
I foresee it basically just being cosmetic, kind of like the Hyper Blue a few years ago. I wouldn't expect performance changes, but Subaru could surprise us.
Yeah I think so too Subaru has been doing that a lot lately even making a black edition forester, the series yellow, etc. but would still be cool
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #3217
Snow Drift
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 75071
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
'18 STI Ltd 15XV Hy
Past: 05, 08, 11 Red WRXs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuhon View Post
Here is what i got back from the district manager for subaru here in PA.

"No details yet. There will be 50th anniversary models of nearly every carline. I believe this is one of them. There may also be another special STI in the works. Keep an eye on Wicked Big Meet or Boxerfest for more details. Donít know for certain, but in the past they have revealed special models at these events."
Per Subaru_USA (SOA official) instagram:

WBM - JDM WRX STI S202 (Bugeye), Solberg's WRC2006 and the 2018 STI.

Boxerfest - "a couple of surprises in store"
Snow Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #3218
asuhon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 260576
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Per Subaru_USA (SOA official) instagram:

WBM - JDM WRX STI S202 (Bugeye), Solberg's WRC2006 and the 2018 STI.

Boxerfest - "a couple of surprises in store"
hmm. wonder if they will release a special edition in that yellow???

I guess we will have to wait and see at boxerfest.
asuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #3219
botbs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114225
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
Per Subaru_USA (SOA official) instagram:

WBM - JDM WRX STI S202 (Bugeye), Solberg's WRC2006 and the 2018 STI.

Boxerfest - "a couple of surprises in store"
One of the surprises!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...94&postcount=6

botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #3220
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botbs View Post
Oh this is going to make my decision that much harder
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #3221
RussianTiny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 387467
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rochester NY
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
WRB Stage 2 FlexFuel

Default

I'm a bit confused by the thinner rear sway bar. Without knowing the rest of their suspension tweaks I'd guess this will add understeer?
RussianTiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #3222
RealDealTarheel
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 142447
Join Date: Mar 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Not so Fair...banks
Vehicle:
2018 F-150 Lariat
17 Focus RS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botbs View Post
If that comes with a turbo engine this might be the second shortest period of car ownership I've ever had.
RealDealTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #3223
rYche
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 426243
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX DGM
16 Outback, 11 Outback

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
If that comes with a turbo engine this might be the second shortest period of car ownership I've ever had.
Didn't the mention the brz getting sti "treatment"? Be cool if they could get a turbo, but somehow I think it'll be upgrades to other areas and a
pink sticker.
rYche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #3224
Sai Fang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 437012
Join Date: Dec 2015
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Lapis Blue Pearl

Default

Keep in mind that the 50th anniversary is only for Subaru of America, not the Subaru corporation. The 50th anniversary cars will likely be similar to the other limited edition models with a unique color, different colored interior accents, lots of optional STI parts standard, etc. Very doubtful there will be a different engine, more power, or anything else like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
If that comes with a turbo engine this might be the second shortest period of car ownership I've ever had.
No front mount intercooler or hood scoop for a top mount intercooler, so no turbo on that particular car. It's also unlikely Toyota would allow Subaru to sell one with a turbo. It is likely just the performance package with all the optional STI parts, and maybe some additional suspension changes.

But maybe Subaru will surprise us.
Sai Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #3225
alexd3498
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 461055
Join Date: Jan 2017
Vehicle:
2015 Ford Focus ST
Magnetic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Fang View Post
Keep in mind that the 50th anniversary is only for Subaru of America, not the Subaru corporation. The 50th anniversary cars will likely be similar to the other limited edition models with a unique color, different colored interior accents, lots of optional STI parts standard, etc. Very doubtful there will be a different engine, more power, or anything else like that.


No front mount intercooler or hood scoop for a top mount intercooler, so no turbo on that particular car. It's also unlikely Toyota would allow Subaru to sell one with a turbo. It is likely just the performance package with all the optional STI parts, and maybe some additional suspension changes.

But maybe Subaru will surprise us.
Very true about the 50th anniversary editions, but I still find things like the first edition and hyperblue sti as cook even if it is all cosmetic. Makes it more unique in a world where the wrx is becoming more and more common
alexd3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.