Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
TheKrazyAsian
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 109613
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
05 STi
White W/Gold Wheels

Default ST/AP stage2 map help

Hey guys, I need some help with my ST.

I'm kinda a noob on the subject, but I need some help from you guys. I have a 05 WRX STi with the v.1 AP, ST and full exhaust (headers,up pipe, down pipe, and exhaust). I would like to run a stage 2 map but so far have been unsuccessful.

I used AP and loading the stage2 93oct map just as specified in the manual. After doing so I noticed no gains or changes in performance. I accellerated just as a stock STi. I am now connecting the ST to my vehicle and will attempt to load a stage 2 map from here. Where could I get a stage 2 map in .stb format? I have searched several forums with no luck. All I have found is .ptb files.

Please advise me in this matter, your help is greatly appreciated.

-Ed

Also, when trying to connect my laptop, ST would not recognize an ECU. Are there any tips for connectivity besides what the ST manual says?
TheKrazyAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
TheKrazyAsian
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 STi
White W/Gold Wheels

doesn't anybody here use there street tuner that might be able to help??
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60324
Vehicle:
1998 RS

ST base maps can be found here:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31211

when connecting to the ECU, make sure you on the right port for your computer, and also make sure the OBDII cord is plugged in properly. I suggest downloading the ST stage 2 base map, flash it to your ECU via accessport, then connect with street tuner. when you open it up it should show that as the current map. it should be a noticeable difference from stock.

keep in mind you must connect the test mode connectors and any initialization plugs that may be required (not sure about the STi) when flashing a base map.
hondaeater69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Wylan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 97854
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Silver

I recently installed a DP and flashed to ST stage 2, it takes a few flashes if you follow ST's directions, but not too hard.

As for the connection to the laptop for live tuning/Data logging, I had to reinstall my USB to serial drivers, ST wouldn't find the virtual COM port for some odd reason. Afterwards, it worked fine
Wylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
TheKrazyAsian
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 STi
White W/Gold Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaeater69 View Post
ST base maps can be found here:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31211

when connecting to the ECU, make sure you on the right port for your computer, and also make sure the OBDII cord is plugged in properly. I suggest downloading the ST stage 2 base map, flash it to your ECU via accessport, then connect with street tuner. when you open it up it should show that as the current map. it should be a noticeable difference from stock.

keep in mind you must connect the test mode connectors and any initialization plugs that may be required (not sure about the STi) when flashing a base map.
thanks i will have to try that tonight when i get out of school
Old 01-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #6
TheKrazyAsian
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 STi
White W/Gold Wheels

thanks to everyone all of your insight it helped to put me in the right direction so that i am able to go and tune now thanks agian

-Ed

Last edited by TheKrazyAsian; 01-23-2007 at 09:44 PM.