Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-10-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805
Vehicle:
24 TypeS ZO6
White

Default Suzuki Bets on a Bold, High-Pressure Future

Quote:

Suzuki Bets on a Bold, High-Pressure Future

Suzuki blows the Recursion into a new generation of rocket commuter
You know all those rumors we've heard for the past couple years about a possible turbocharged Suzuki? Well, looks like we're another step closer to having it. New patent drawings registered by the company mark a major rethink for the long rumored Recursion turbo bike concept.

I'M YOUR: Turbo Lovers Rejoice - Suzuki Turbo Patents Unveiled

The original platform included a 588cc turbocharged, single cam, parallel twin motor rooted in an earlier commuter bike idea. These new drawings indicate a 700cc DOHC motor squeezed in with a potential power output closer to 150HP. No engine internals are shown, but a 360 degree crankshaft configuration would create bags of torque and an awesome "brap" from the exhaust. Lower bars and higher pegs complete the general tilt toward greater performance. Throw in radial braking and you get a very exciting sport commuter.

TURBO: Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blown - The Future of Forced Induction

There, I just invented a new category—Sport Commuter." A steel trellis frame offers more room for the intercooler and related plumbing and lowers production cost. It also looks pretty cool, I'll take mine in red. A single sided swingarm comes right from the high-end sportbike world. There are other changes leading toward a gentle nudge in the direction of a 21st-century Katana. The designation "GSX700" also provides a link to a Katana past.

LOVER: Five Forced Induction Bikes That Made History

Up front, A six spoke front wheel lightens the look of a heavily enclosed bike. In fact, the body work shown in these drawings conceals much of the detail, probably on purpose. Maybe Suzuki is looking to reawaken the fully wrapped motorcycle fad? The already established forward facing turbo, and reverse flow head design are clear enough. Patent drawings are not production motorcycles, but the fact that Suzuki just worked out a major performance update on an already intriguing bike has got our full attention.

http://www.visordown.com/
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

It has been about 40 years since Suzuki put any new technology into their bikes.. so I guess it's about time. I say this with fondness.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote