Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday May 23, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
vincel892
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 450830
Question Morimoto XB LED fog on 08+ WRX/Impreza?

Has anyone tried or know if it is possible to install the morimoto XB LED Fog light kit on the 08-10 WRX/Impreza ? I know they aren't direct bolt on but looking for some guidance on whether it would be achievable and worth the time.

Thanks
vincel892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
catz4dave
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 476565

I've been contemplating retrofitting them on my bugeye as well
catz4dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
Marln
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 456330

Of course they would be, there's plenty of people who've installed them on 08+ STI's. While it's not the same as installing on the narrowbody, it is very similar.
Marln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
vincel892
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marln View Post
Of course they would be, there's plenty of people who've installed them on 08+ STI's. While it's not the same as installing on the narrowbody, it is very similar.
Any idea how it was done ? likely a custom bracket of some sort?
Old 11-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
Infinite0180
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410716
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
CBS

I had managed to get a set cheap enough to give it a shot on my old 08 impreza. It was not easy. I took the stock fog brackets and modified them to fit the morimotos. I used a combination of zip ties and screws to secure them into place. After some back and forth i was able to aim them pretty decently too. It took patients and problem solving but i used them for a long time with no issues until i hit a deer and destroyed my bumper. After that i sold the car so i never redid them. I had plans to use little brackets and screws from the hardware store to devise some sort of better way to adjust them without using tension from zips ties to hold them in place. If you are motivated enough you can figure it out
Infinite0180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
vincel892
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite0180 View Post
I had managed to get a set cheap enough to give it a shot on my old 08 impreza. It was not easy. I took the stock fog brackets and modified them to fit the morimotos. I used a combination of zip ties and screws to secure them into place. After some back and forth i was able to aim them pretty decently too. It took patients and problem solving but i used them for a long time with no issues until i hit a deer and destroyed my bumper. After that i sold the car so i never redid them. I had plans to use little brackets and screws from the hardware store to devise some sort of better way to adjust them without using tension from zips ties to hold them in place. If you are motivated enough you can figure it out
thanks for sharing. My problem is that I don't even have the oem fog like brackets. So I'd probably need to come up with a bracket from scratch. And purchase the turn stalk with fog light control.