Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday April 18, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
poefosho
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410492
Default SPT exhaust on 2019? Not offered from dealer

Hello. Has anyone installed a 2015-2018 SPT exhaust onto their 2019 STI. Subaru doesn't offer it in this year STI or the 2018 RA (same exhaust) I don't understand how it could be different and not fit as I see 3rd party vendors selling exhaust to fit 2015-2019 direct bolt on.

Please anyone with some insight or experience in this please chime in. I found a used SPT and would like to install, but want to confirm before I start the install process.

Thanks so much .
poefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2019, 11:29 PM   #2
shadowsports
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446364
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
'17 STI LMT '08 LGT
DGM / QSM

Sorry I can't speak to this exact fitment. Owning / Driving Subaru's for 12 yrs. Here's something you'll want to ask yourself.

Your car. Daily driver, weekends at the track or racecar?

Something to consider. The SPT exhaust 2015-2018 was nothing more than a noise maker. It offered zero performance gains. If you want drone and for your back seat passengers to not be able to hear you, it's great.

Drove a 2016 with one installed and rode in the backseat as well.

Disclaimer: had no less than 6 AM exhausts on my LegacyGT. Done with them on a daily driver.

It may very well be a bolt on and fit a 2019, but I'm willing to bet lack of demand is why its not being offered in 2019.

If you don't have a girlfriend or wife, the noise will improve butt dyno performance for sure.

An nvidia Q300 is one of the better AM exhausts out there. Its probably the most quiet next to stock. Want something louder? COBB's catback has smaller cans and is a little louder. Both will fit too.

In the end however, I want to hear my exhaust, but don't want it to be competing with my stereo or conversations.

The chassis hasn't changed, Pretty sure it will fit. Buy new gaskets and donut for the install. Be prepared for the done, that you can count on.

Last edited by shadowsports; 04-13-2019 at 11:46 PM.
shadowsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
poefosho
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 410492

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsports View Post
Sorry I can't speak to this exact fitment. Owning / Driving Subaru's for 12 yrs. Here's something you'll want to ask yourself.

Your car. Daily driver, weekends at the track or racecar?

Something to consider. The SPT exhaust 2015-2018 was nothing more than a noise maker. It offered zero performance gains. If you want drone and for your back seat passengers to not be able to hear you, it's great.

Drove a 2016 with one installed and rode in the backseat as well.

Disclaimer: had no less than 6 AM exhausts on my LegacyGT. Done with them on a daily driver.

It may very well be a bolt on and fit a 2019, but I'm willing to bet lack of demand is why its not being offered in 2019.

If you don't have a girlfriend or wife, the noise will improve butt dyno performance for sure.

An nvidia Q300 is one of the better AM exhausts out there. Its probably the most quiet next to stock. Want something louder? COBB's catback has smaller cans and is a little louder. Both will fit too.

In the end however, I want to hear my exhaust, but don't want it to be competing with my stereo or conversations.

The chassis hasn't changed, Pretty sure it will fit. Buy new gaskets and donut for the install. Be prepared for the done, that you can count on.
Thanks for the feedback!
I think am happy I found for $250, but scared of the drone. I just wanted to hear a little of the rumble. I guess I might try to install and keep for a while and if the drone is that bad, save for the q300.

Thanks again.
poefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
shadowsports
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 446364
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
'17 STI LMT '08 LGT
DGM / QSM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by poefosho View Post
Thanks for the feedback!
I think am happy I found for $250, but scared of the drone. I just wanted to hear a little of the rumble. I guess I might try to install and keep for a while and if the drone is that bad, save for the q300.

Thanks again.
Admittedly I am not a proponent of AM exhaust in a DD. The mistake I and many others made/make is not listening to an exhaust before you purchase and install. This is very important.

We all have an idea about how the exhaust is going to sound, or how we hope it will sound. 9/10 you don't get what you were hoping for. This is why actually riding or being in a car with the exhaust is so important.

Installing isn't bad. It's a one man job, but it helps to have a friend. New gaskets will make your life a lot easier too (leaks can happen) Get yourself a big piece of cardboard too. This helps sliding the mid, "Y" and cans under the car. Soapy water helps with getting the exhaust hangers off/on. Good luck.
shadowsports is offline   Reply With Quote