Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 23, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-16-2021, 02:33 AM   #26
Ramon02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 526755

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRice View Post
Chipped plug would definitely cause severe running/starting issues. But your comments on the MAF are confusing, it is running without a MAF? You can not drive the car without the MAF, you'll kill it with high AFR.

Still recommend taking it back to the shop....
Joe I had gone over everything and check every clip and ground and sensor I could think of in the car and engine bay, even the fuse and relay boxes thanks to yíallís tips! I basically tore the car apart and cleaned everything up. I had the MAF off when I started it to see if maybe it was a bad MAF, it ran and I shut it off 5 seconds later. I cleaned the MAF for good measure, installed it and same outcome. Ran and idled fine. Everything is hooked up and I suppose Iím leaning towards that plug being chipped.. weird to think maybe it was cracked and then somehow got worse.. Sheíll be heading to the shop once I finish my suspension, for a professional inspection.

I canít thank yíall enough!
Ramon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #27
BigIslandBaja
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523922
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo

In my heart Of hearts I canít shake the feeling you have some sort of a timing issue. Pulled the grenade pin on the tensioner?
Seems silly just the way everything played out smells like timing. But hey, what do I know. If itís starting and idling fine than maybe a chipped plug was enough. I also echo what others have said about putting it on a nice scanner and trying to watch the data pids.
BigIslandBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #28
JoeRice
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507520
Vehicle:
2019 WRX

I have had this happen when I put Amazon Plugs (fakes) in my F150 turbo engine. Trashed one in a week and the truck wouldn't run. That was when I stopped buying **** on Amazon. If it runs good, you are OK, but you could have had it running a week earlier if you'd just taken back to the shop that put it together.
JoeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:44 AM   #29
Ramon02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 526755

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRice View Post
I have had this happen when I put Amazon Plugs (fakes) in my F150 turbo engine. Trashed one in a week and the truck wouldn't run. That was when I stopped buying **** on Amazon. If it runs good, you are OK, but you could have had it running a week earlier if you'd just taken back to the shop that put it together.
I hear what everyone is saying and Iím not running it until I can get more information on everything from a good reader, issue being the shop built the engine, I installed it. They put ngk iridium plugs in it, one was chipped, ive replaced it. Iíve done many things since it stalled and hearing it run was great and I am progressing forward with the build. Itís funny you mentioned the tensioner pin.. I was seriously thinking the same thing. What if. Lol

Itís going back to the shop after I finish up the suspension and I can guarantee all this will be relayed to them and Iíll have them do a full inspection on everything, mainly the engine.

Last edited by Ramon02; 10-18-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Ramon02 is offline   Reply With Quote