Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #1901
JAVAR WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 255791
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Syracuse, NY
Vehicle:
2010 LGT 2.5 Limited
Obsidian Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hys420 View Post
I love the hyperblue! enjoy the car!
Thanks man
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JAVAR WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #1902
nevernudedrew
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480079
Join Date: Jan 2018
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVAR WRX View Post
I bought my 2016 STI series.hyperblue with 6790 miles last week. For around that price, brand new was over 40K.
If you do some research you will find something.
woweee, that's about as mint as you could ask for a used hyperblue
nevernudedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #1903
Greaser007
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 467167
Join Date: May 2017
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Redding, California
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX

Default

I too liked Celery's suggestion to buy a bugeye for 5k.

No kidding, I have been driving my '02 Bugeye for 10-years, and have no plans to get rid of it because it is such a fun responsive little go-cart.

Yes, too .......... it has kissed several snow-banks while attempting to drift up to the ski park. .......... kissed the bank again. (operator-error) haha

And yes, I would love to upgrade to a newer hatchback STI some day.

What to Do ! ...... take your time and wait for a nice one.

I waited back in '81, and bought a real cherry Jeep CJ-7 from original owner and I still use it today ( and keep it indoors ).

Now if you do spend upwards of 18k, you are also buying some peace-of-mind in driving a newer machine with hopefully less service maintenance.

Len
Greaser007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:48 AM   #1904
scrummel
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324403
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

WOW!! Thank you for putting that together!!
scrummel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #1905
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2016 Forester XT CWP
2002 WRX SRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaser007 View Post
I too liked Celery's suggestion to buy a bugeye for 5k.

No kidding, I have been driving my '02 Bugeye for 10-years, and have no plans to get rid of it because it is such a fun responsive little go-cart.

Yes, too .......... it has kissed several snow-banks while attempting to drift up to the ski park. .......... kissed the bank again. (operator-error) haha

And yes, I would love to upgrade to a newer hatchback STI some day.

What to Do ! ...... take your time and wait for a nice one.

I waited back in '81, and bought a real cherry Jeep CJ-7 from original owner and I still use it today ( and keep it indoors ).

Now if you do spend upwards of 18k, you are also buying some peace-of-mind in driving a newer machine with hopefully less service maintenance.

Len
Lol I love my stupid bugeye. It's not fast, has no torque but it feels like a go kart like you said. So analog. Finding one without rust is a challenge though.

Last edited by Celery GT-5; 06-11-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Celery GT-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #1906
alexinvancouver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251482
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Surrey, BC
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
1990 all-trac, 08 EVO

Default

Thought some one might need this. Took me a while to figure it out.
Instead of spending big $$$ conversion kits to accommodate 15 inch gravel rally wheel/tire set
for stage rally
combination of 4 pot brakes from 06 - 07 WRX and rotors from 05 STi will do.
Here You have it.
alexinvancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #1907
Gro Harlem
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 165782
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Gambrills, MD
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limitd Stg2
'02 Stg4 & JSW TDI Stg2

Default

Yeh, I sold my 2015 last fall & have my old '02 Bugeye back sitting in my driveway. While its a rattly noisy unrefined POS, i love how small it is, simple to work on, visibility and the sound that EJ20 makes.
Gro Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #1908
J_ODIE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484302
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery GT-5 View Post
So yeah can we talk about how the gr rear sway bar that is supposed to fit, doesn't fit without adjustable end links, that's some epic knowledge right there.
Would also like to hear more on this. Do the endlinks need to be adjustable or will an adjustable swaybar do the trick as well. Has anybody tried the front?
J_ODIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #1909
J_ODIE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484302
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

GR adjustable Sway bars on a 2015+? Has it been confirmed? Saw it talked about in this thread but dont think anybody actually confirmed. Supposedly the rear will fit with adjustable endlinks. How about the front? Also, would an adjustable swaybar do instead of the endlinks being adjustable? Asking because a friend is parting out a GR with adjustable 22MM Sway bars with non adjustable endlinks. All whiteline. I habe a 2017 WRX.
J_ODIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #1910
J_ODIE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484302
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Has anybody installed a smaller front swaybar, specifically the impreza 19MM on the 2015+ WRX, instead of upping the rear? I am assuming it would fit.
J_ODIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #1911
J_ODIE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 484302
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_ODIE View Post
Has anybody installed a smaller front swaybar, specifically the impreza 19MM on the 2015+ WRX, instead of upping the rear? I am assuming it would fit.
Impreza swaybar does not fit
J_ODIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #1912
De36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475437
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
White

Default

OP:
"Suspension / Brakes:
2015 WRX Swaybars: Front 24mm, Rear 20mm.
2015 STI Swaybars: Front 24mm, Rear 20mm. Unsure if they are the exact same as the WRX but the sizes are the same."


I keep reading the VA1 has a 20mm rear swaybar. But when I measured my 2018 rear sway it was a 19mm... Maybe Subaru changed it!?! Did anyone actually measure their OEM WRX rear sway from 2015-2017?

[/url]

Last edited by De36; 12-28-2018 at 05:15 PM.
De36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:37 AM   #1913
jhrbud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495863
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx impr
red

Default

jhrbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:37 AM   #1914
jhrbud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495863
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx impr
red

Default

get it monkey man
jhrbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:38 AM   #1915
jhrbud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495863
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2004 subaru wrx impr
red

Default

jhrbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #1916
harrypeter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495766
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Vehicle:
2006 subaru impreza

Default

You have put almost every detail here. Really nice!
harrypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:50 PM   #1917
PearlWhite15WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497164
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default 2015 WRX turbo problems?

Hey everyone! So I'm having some issues with my 15 Wrx. I bought it "used" with 55k miles. I've put 18k on it since I bought it. (I drive for a living.) I've noticed recently within the last couple days that, from what it sounds like, the turbo is clicking while spooling. Anyone have any ideas? Dont want to take it into a shop if I dont have too.
PearlWhite15WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #1918
De36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 475437
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlWhite15WRX View Post
I've noticed recently within the last couple days that, from what it sounds like, the turbo is clicking while spooling.
Are you positive it's coming from the turbo? Why?

Does your car have a Catch-Can/AOS? The PCV system routes into the inlet directly in front of the turbo. Carbon build up can occur on the turbo's compressor wheel damaging vanes over time.

If you are comfortable, I suggest removing the intake pipe from the turbo and take a look at the compressor wheel. Spin the Compressor Wheel by hand. Turbo noise is usually catastrophic and the damage is obvious.

It also could be you waste gate.
De36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #1919
PearlWhite15WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497164
Join Date: Jan 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by De36 View Post
Are you positive it's coming from the turbo? Why?

Does your car have a Catch-Can/AOS? The PCV system routes into the inlet directly in front of the turbo. Carbon build up can occur on the turbo's compressor wheel damaging vanes over time.

If you are comfortable, I suggest removing the intake pipe from the turbo and take a look at the compressor wheel. Spin the Compressor Wheel by hand. Turbo noise is usually catastrophic and the damage is obvious.

It also could be you waste gate.
I'm almost positive. It only happens when it spools, but it also doesn't happen all the time. Almost seems temperamental? I regularly maintain my car, so I'm a little puzzled, and again turbo's are new to me. Thank you for your insight, I'll post more as I take things apart and look into it further. Thanks!
PearlWhite15WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:13 AM   #1920
Cowboysubie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497452
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default 2015 STI launch edition

Recently purchased the 2015 STI launch edition car from dealership but curious how it has a wrx wing unstinted ofnthe standard larger wing? Not that the wing matter but just curious canít find anywhere online where this has been talked about so was told this might be the place to find an answer, thanks in advance for anyone that can clue me in an a legitimate answer
Cowboysubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:34 AM   #1921
MQSD3F
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 440712
Join Date: Feb 2016
Vehicle:
2016 Sti

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboysubie View Post
Recently purchased the 2015 STI launch edition car from dealership but curious how it has a wrx wing unstinted ofnthe standard larger wing? Not that the wing matter but just curious canít find anywhere online where this has been talked about so was told this might be the place to find an answer, thanks in advance for anyone that can clue me in an a legitimate answer
Most likely the previous owner did a trunk swap with a WRB WRX owner. The launch editions didn't have a spoiler delete option upon ordering them.
MQSD3F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #1922
Doonosaur
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497292
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

opinions on 2019 sti with ra block?
Doonosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #1923
Doonosaur
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 497292
Join Date: Feb 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlWhite15WRX View Post
Hey everyone! So I'm having some issues with my 15 Wrx. I bought it "used" with 55k miles. I've put 18k on it since I bought it. (I drive for a living.) I've noticed recently within the last couple days that, from what it sounds like, the turbo is clicking while spooling. Anyone have any ideas? Dont want to take it into a shop if I dont have too.
wastegate
Doonosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #1924
EnnisSTI_19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 500054
Join Date: Apr 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonosaur View Post
opinions on 2019 sti with ra block?


I own a 2019 sti. The 2019 sti does have the RA block, or at least the same advantages. Itís great, you donít have to worry about the pistons blowup as often. The power bump is not really noticeable but itís something.
EnnisSTI_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #1925
nightdown fox
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309636
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2015 STI LE
WRB on Gold!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by De36 View Post
OP:
"Suspension / Brakes:
2015 WRX Swaybars: Front 24mm, Rear 20mm.
2015 STI Swaybars: Front 24mm, Rear 20mm. Unsure if they are the exact same as the WRX but the sizes are the same."


I keep reading the VA1 has a 20mm rear swaybar. But when I measured my 2018 rear sway it was a 19mm... Maybe Subaru changed it!?! Did anyone actually measure their OEM WRX rear sway from 2015-2017?
Subaru went from 20mm to 19 mm in the 2018 model after they increased the rim size from 18 to 19 inch.
nightdown fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.