Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
dexterous
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23553
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI - Insanity!
2014 WRX - Daily

Default Has anybody modified their APS FMIC piping for use with a TiAL BOV?

Just wondering. I am thinking of moving to a TiAL and was wondering if anybody had done this and could offer any advice. Thanks.

EDIT - I guess I didn't ask all the most important question that I wanted to ask:

Is there any reason why I cant locate the BOV much further away from the throttle body than it already is? I am going to run meth and I dont want it shooting out of my BOV. Take this pict for instance:

Last edited by dexterous; 02-28-2009 at 03:51 PM.
dexterous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru

Member#: 32669
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

The whole process is as simple as welding on the correct flange and blocking the one that APS provided. What's so difficult about that?
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru

Member#: 139955
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
17Forester / 18Crosstrek

Look up jdmdave. I know hes running a TiAL 50 with a APS FMIC.

Pretty much you'd cut off the nipple on the TB Inlet Pipe and weld the TiAL where that was.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
dexterous
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 STI - Insanity!
2014 WRX - Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
The whole process is as simple as welding on the correct flange and blocking the one that APS provided. What's so difficult about that?

Re-read the OP. The issue is that I have a HSF-5 and a Crawford AOS in the way and I am trying to figure out my options.

Last edited by dexterous; 02-28-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
17Forester / 18Crosstrek

You could cut off the nipple, patch up the hole, and put the BOV earlier in that pipe. But then it gets ugly.

WTF is that blue thing screwed into the throttle inlet pipe? And why are your meth nozzles so far from the TB?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
dexterous
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2005 STI - Insanity!
2014 WRX - Daily

Vision,

I dont have the meth kit installed yet. The picture with the arrows that I posted was made by Richard from Aquamist. He seems to think that the further they are away from the TB the better that they will perform. I agree, cutting off the nipple is the way to go but I worry that I wont be able to fit the tial somewhere on that pipe because of interference.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
17Forester / 18Crosstrek

Im sure you could find a spot to put it somewhere. Pretty much any pressure pipe will do. Hell..cut a hole and weld a flange on an end tank (a la TMIC) if you want.