Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday February 20, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-26-2003, 10:59 AM   #1
reaubideux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Question head lights not coming on in cold weather

I believe its related to the colder weather that moved in this last week but I noticed that on 3 seperate occassions in the last week that when my car has been sitting overnight or all day that when I start it up and turn on the headlights/foglights lights that they don't turn on. The dash lights light up, I believe the parking lights turn on but not the headlights or foglights. I hear the relay make the typical pop noise but nothing. I turn the switch back all the way off and back on again and they come on fine. One time I just tapped the stalk forward to flash the high beams and they came on then. Also, I disabled the DRL by unplugging the harness behind the glovebox, but its been unplugged for about 3 months now so I believe that isn't the root of the problem.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Since it just started happening when its been noticably colder I can only assume thats the cause but was curious if anyone else has had this happen and if so did they end up getting it fixed.

This is on an 02 WRX Wagon btw.

Thanks for any info,
Jay

Last edited by reaubideux; 11-26-2003 at 03:46 PM.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2003, 10:28 PM   #2
sc00by71
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5362
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2004 OBS
Green

Sounds like it could be the headlight switch. If tapping on the stalk or flashing high beams turns them on. Them i would suspect a connection in the stalk.
Shawn
sc00by71 is offline   Reply With Quote