Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'General Sale' Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #101
Fred
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (37)

Member#: 3560
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
20 BRZ
04FXT22WRX95rallyimpreza

So the ride to work on I-40 didn't make me HATE EVERYTHING like I did with the stock struts. It was about like the Tokico DSpecs set about 4 turns from full stiff on my gf's STi, which is about like a stock WRX. Stock STi struts made me bounce in the seat continuously for about 20 miles. That **** gets old real quick.

So it rides like a stock WRX on the horrible, horrible undulating Interstate, and it corners flat like an STi but without bouncing through bumpy turns.

BTW... we set the LIZTi DSpecs at 3.5 turns from full stiff at STPR for some rough pavement and smooth gravel (4.5 turns was too floaty), and drove all the way home via hwy 15, I-270, I-95 and Hwy 64 from Wellsboro PA to Knightdale NC, without being uncomfortable with the ride at all, anywhere along the way. She drove it to my house via I-40 last night, and said she felt like she was going to throw up. That's how bad I-40 is here.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #102
Superorb
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (30)

Member#: 135252
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

^^ Good to know as I'm on STi struts/springs now and the things bounces like crazy, I can't stand it. I was wondering how some RCE Blacks would fare on the stock STi struts without the revalve and if necessary a revalve.
Superorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #103
GoneSingle
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 247936
Vehicle:
05 Subaru STi
Aspen White

i just dropped off my 05 sti last night to Odi at FEAL. I currently have the clunk issue, way too much feedback in steering, bouncy, and just a bit too rough of a ride for a daily driver on the crappy streets of socal. Odi is going to revalve it and have it done by today. I asked him to spec it to comfortable daily driver without having it feel like a WRX in the corners lol. I opted for the $10 options for the rears just incase i need to regrease them myself if the clunk returns. Will post reviews after my 70 mile drive back from Odi's shop!!
GoneSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #104
kpluiten
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (34)

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

I PM'd you about some core struts I have. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #105
Silverpike
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 92399

I just got my 04 struts back from Odi, and I will probably have them installed next week. I will report back after I do (can't wait baby!!).
Silverpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #106
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 227414

PM's replied.

Quote:
i just dropped off my 05 sti last night to Odi at FEAL. I currently have the clunk issue, way too much feedback in steering, bouncy, and just a bit too rough of a ride for a daily driver on the crappy streets of socal. Odi is going to revalve it and have it done by today. I asked him to spec it to comfortable daily driver without having it feel like a WRX in the corners lol. I opted for the $10 options for the rears just incase i need to regrease them myself if the clunk returns. Will post reviews after my 70 mile drive back from Odi's shop!!
If you want a comfortable euro car feel, this is a good way to go. Just ask for D Street Spec.

Like us on Facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: (909) 930-1300
Email:
Feal Suspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #107
GoneSingle
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 Subaru STi
Aspen White

so i picked up my 05 sti from Odi yesterday.

First off -

Service - FANTASTIC. Everything went smoothly and completed when he said it would be. Odi worked with me based on my schedule and even stayed a little later for me to drop off and pick up the car since i'm 70 miles away in rush hour traffic. He even took me for a test ride in his WRX to see what i would like based off his setup.

The work - as stated previously, my car just did not ride the way i wanted it to. After i picked it up, the front is definetely more forgiving since he did soften it up. I can go over pot holes and cracks and although an STi will be an Sti, it is definetely more forgiving than what i had before. Steering pull has also been reduced when going over un-wanted cracks, but i also am in need for an alignment. The "bobblehead" ride of the sti has gone away as well. And most importantly, the rear-end clunk is gone and i opted for FEAL's re-greasing inserts just incase i need to re-grease them myself.

Overall, i am happy with the money i spent. I was opting for $1000+ options so this setup has definetely made me happy. The only down-fall of my specific setup is that it has a bit more body roll at turn-in, which is expected from a softer setup, but it's not SO bad that it will hinder me too much on spirited drives. If you are in the market for a inexpensive setup, go with FEAL! Odi is a really nice guy and although i usually do all my work and avoid shops, this was definetely a positive experience for me and my sti.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #108
Superorb
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

So if I did the revalve for RCE Black springs, do you soften or stiffen the struts?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #109
Superorb
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feal Suspension View Post
I am looking for either inserts, strut bodies, or both.
Sent you guys a PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #110
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

PM's replied.

Quote:
So if I did the revalve for RCE Black springs, do you soften or stiffen the struts?
Stiffer that stock in the front, little softer than stock in the rear.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email:
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #111
Fred
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
20 BRZ
04FXT22WRX95rallyimpreza

I just wanted to make a clarification, now that I've driven to work on I-40 in the WRX (with Tokico DSpecs set at 4 turns from full stiff and 06 STi springs).

The STi with Feal struts now rides like the above on I-40, but without any feel of floatiness. The Tokicos feel a little floaty in places on I-40 at this setting. The STi/Feal struts are firm at all times, with the ability to mostly tune out the I-40 ripples and completely ignore most other bumps. If I go much stiffer than 4 turns on the DSpecs, the floatiness goes away, but then they begin to ride like stock STi struts, and too stiff and they're waaaaay past anything reasonable. boingboingboingboingboingboingXinfinity

I did get the Feal struts to bounce a little yesterday taking a different way home than I usually go. On this one turn, which is a T intersection where the road turns uphill off the road I'm on, there's a big ripple about halfway into the 2nd gear drift, then an abrupt change in pavement surface and a little bit of a dip/bump. It bounced once, and the rear stepped over about 6 inches. But otherwise, no drama. Everything else I've tried, DRAMATIC difference vs. stock struts, always in a good way. And I'm sure if I'd ever taken this turn like that with the stock struts, it would've been annoying (boing-chirp, boing-chirp, boing-chirp, steer/steer/steer).

And yesterday I also got a chance to compare them against stock over a couple of medium-sized railroad yumps. Much better. It just lands, doesn't really feel like it's in the air much, and doesn't bounce at all. The stock struts always did a dramatic bump/drop/bounce/bounce and I was up/down between the seat cushion and the seat belt way more noticeably.

I'm definitely going to send more struts to be rebuilt/revalved.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #112
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

Fred,

Sounds like you enjoy driving your Subies the way I do . Thanks for all the input.

Everyone,

I have a few sets of 2005+ cores due in next week. Please call the shop and leave a deposit to reserve a set if you like, (661) 435-0922.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email:
Old 06-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #113
CanadaBeau
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 180882
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Aspen White

Default Can't wait to get 'em

Just bought a set of used struts from a guy in NV and now they're on their way to Feal. Feal was out of '05 STi cores when I called, so I bought some used ones myself so I didn't have to send mine and be without my DD. I'll send in my originals for cores after I install the revalved ones.

Can't wait to get them back and try them out. All the reviews sound great.
CanadaBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #114
Fred
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
20 BRZ
04FXT22WRX95rallyimpreza

I'm thinking about sending another set for gravel revalve. Can you describe the difference in handling & ride quality on tarmac and gravel, Odi? (vs. stock and vs. tarmac revalve) The gravel struts would be used with either stock STi springs or Stock 06 WRX springs, and I'd be driving on gravel roads at stage rallies (just for fun/ stage marshalling) and rallyxing on hard-packed clay & loose dirt.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #115
GoneSingle
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 Subaru STi
Aspen White

Odi - my D Street spec is wonderful for daily driving. you just might wanna make a note to future customers that this setup is NOT ideal, nor in my opinion - safe, up in the twisties where the roads tend to have little dips or uneven gravel. the setup is far too soft + steering too loose to keep it safe at higher speeds in corners.

Again - it's definetely a daily driver setup and an amazing one at that, but it definetely hinders performance (your sti wil handle
worse than a stock sti). I just want to give a more detailed description of this setup
Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #116
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

Quote:
Odi - my D Street spec is wonderful for daily driving. you just might wanna make a note to future customers that this setup is NOT ideal, nor in my opinion - safe, up in the twisties where the roads tend to have little dips or uneven gravel. the setup is far too soft + steering too loose to keep it safe at higher speeds in corners.

Again - it's definetely a daily driver setup and an amazing one at that, but it definetely hinders performance (your sti wil handle
worse than a stock sti). I just want to give a more detailed description of this setup
Thanks for the update. I will note that this is for the DD or commuter with maximum comfort in mind.

Quote:
I'm thinking about sending another set for gravel revalve. Can you describe the difference in handling & ride quality on tarmac and gravel, Odi? (vs. stock and vs. tarmac revalve) The gravel struts would be used with either stock STi springs or Stock 06 WRX springs, and I'd be driving on gravel roads at stage rallies (just for fun/ stage marshalling) and rallyxing on hard-packed clay & loose dirt.
You have two choices here. We can make the car stick to the ground at lower speeds, but it will bottom and transfer weight side to side easier (great for daily snow or gravel driving). Or we can make it handle abrupt hits and feel firm all around but it will dance around on the gravel at lower speeds. All of the fast competitive rally cars I have driven or raced feel fairly harsh at low speeds, but smooth and predictable at high speeds on gravel.

If you want a good handling ride at higher speeds (stage type roads), we would valve your struts similar to your last set, but with more high speed rebound valving. This would make the car feel slower on the rebound stroke after hitting a bigger hit.

So to sum it up. It would be stiffer in front than stock, softer in the rear than stock. Slower on the rebound front and rear than stock.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email:
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #117
SubieEngineer
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (53)

Member#: 208152
Vehicle:
2007 350Zed Base
Sold: 07 STI LTD #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneSingle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI View Post
I have some autox, rallyx, rally and track day experience (Mostly in my sti) over the last 4-5 years. I just got my original 92,000 mile struts revalved and greased up. I Told Odi to maximize them for autocross and hill climbs.

I sent them in late march and got them back in time for the first autoX that i was planning on using. (Event #2 in our region) After driving my car up the steet i could immediately tell a different. They are stiffer than stock and control initial body roll a lot better. The rears feel softer than the front and you can transfer weight to the front of the car easily now inducing some oversteer.

All the factory strut clunk is gone i didn't realize how nice it could be riding in my car with that clunk fixed!

in autocross the car feels amazing. I'm able to slalom much faster and with a quick tap of the brakes or a throttle lift it turns in beautifully. I'm also running a lot of toe out in the rear (1/8") . The other STI driver in B-stock was asking me why my car is so far much faster than his. i tradded him cars for a ride and he noticed how my struts are stiffer and i get loss body roll, better turn in.

So far this year I've won my class every event. (Vic in the other STI used to be a bit ahead of me when i was on the factory struts) and I've gotten 7th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd in overall Pax. being just .3-.15 away from the overall win.

I'de highly recommend the revalve for anyone who is interesting in better handling of their Subaru! Either for competition or for Spirited Driving!

He does struts for all Subarus as far as i know.
So what's the difference in the valving (potentially dumb question)? The former optimized for comfort, the latter for AX? And is the latter on stock springs...?
SubieEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #118
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

Good question.

They both had stock springs. A1337STI got slightly stiffer valving than "Tarmac Spec". GoneSingle got softer valving than stock. Both got softer valving in the rear struts than stock, but A133STI's valving was stiffer than GoneSingle's.

That just sounded like a riddle or something.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email:
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #119
GoneSingle
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
05 Subaru STi
Aspen White

hey odi, i have a gopro hd hero camera (records in 1080p) that i can mount anywhere on the car. if you want me to mount the camera at a certain angle that can possibly show rebound and compression, let me know
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #120
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

We got more sti strut cores (2005+). These are ready to be valved for you.

We also offer RCE springs and group N top mounts. We can sell a complete valved set with springs and top mounts. Solid, high quality, easy.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email:
Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #121
SubieEngineer
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (53)

Member#: 208152
Vehicle:
2007 350Zed Base
Sold: 07 STI LTD #576

Quote:
Good question.

They both had stock springs. A1337STI got slightly stiffer valving than "Tarmac Spec". GoneSingle got softer valving than stock. Both got softer valving in the rear struts than stock, but A133STI's valving was stiffer than GoneSingle's.

That just sounded like a riddle or something.
Gotcha...

Quote:

We also offer RCE springs and group N top mounts. We can sell a complete valved set with springs and top mounts. Solid, high quality, easy.
Oh, that's a sweet deal for some people! No assembly required, just swap completed strut/spring/topmount!
SubieEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #122
Ying
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 166490
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Whoa, wait, is this a new service on top of the OEM revalve or did I miss something earlier in this thread? Could you PM me a quote for the RCE Blacks, Group N Tops and appropriately valved 2004 STi OEM dampers? Ultimately this is what I'm going to do when my dampers start going.
Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #123
CanadaBeau
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 180882
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Aspen White

Odi this is great news for 05 STi owners considering the lack of alternatives out there. It's also a good alternative for others as well.

Too bad this offer wasn't available a couple weeks ago, or else I would have definitely gone this route. Got my RCE Blacks elsewhere instead.
CanadaBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #124
Superorb
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon

Quote:

Please send a PM for some RCE blacks shipped to 27518. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #125
Feal Suspension
Former Vendor

PM's replied.

We are partnering up with TIC to offer you top hats, springs, and what ever else you want ot add. So the pricing is the same as on TIC's website.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Email: