Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday June 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15934
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2017 Jetta GLI
Tornado Red

Default 2019 Edge ST - New car prep/ceramic coat

Spent a few hours this weekend on the wife's new family hauler. We picked it up a few weeks ago, had the windows tinted recently and I've been waiting on time and weather to allow me to apply ceramic coating.

Here's what I did to it:

Washed with Foam Cannon and some off the shelf shampoo
Adam's Iron Remover
Clayed with a generic claybar towel from Amazon
Used some Menzerna Final Polish II and a medium Meguiar's pad to remove the few dealer installed/showroom installed scuffs and random scratches
IPA Wipedown
CQuartz UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating, 2 coats with about an hour in between layers

Getting pulled off the showroom floor a few weeks ago when we purchased it

Massive black 21's

blue-sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
Fndragn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470845
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
DGM

That’s really nice. I’d hate to put 21” tires on it tho. Ford does weird **** like that. My wife’s new sho had weird tire sizes also. When I’d ask for them they’d always ask if it was a corvette or challenger. They would always question it when I said it was a Taurus.
Fndragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 Jetta GLI
Tornado Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fndragn View Post
Thats really nice. Id hate to put 21 tires on it tho. Ford does weird **** like that. My wifes new sho had weird tire sizes also. When Id ask for them theyd always ask if it was a corvette or challenger. They would always question it when I said it was a Taurus.
Thanks. The color is called Ford Performance Blue i belive and it's really nice, has some nice pearls to it.

I looked up the OEM tires, they are $230 each, so a little on the pricey side, but on the plus side, we're going to get some aftermarket wheels/snow tires this fall for it, so these beasts should be fine for a few years before we have to replace the tires.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
96accord
Scooby Guru

Member#: 145105
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza WRX STi
'15 Accord (Daily)

Nice!

Glad to see you are still around. Wish you lived closer to me so you could detail mine
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
brian_freep
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 193433
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Crystal White Pearl

That's actually quite sexxy. The wife had a 2016 Ford Escape that was in an accident and totaled. We had looked at the Edge's but at the time, this one hadn't been released yet, otherwise, I would have jumped on it.

We were also looking to upgrade to a 3rd row for family expansion....in any case, we went with the Chevy Traverse RS - with the 2.0Turbo. She has more HP than my '18 STI, but I have more torque (and less weight). The kids still enjoy brapping with daddy. =)

Sexxy Edge and beautiful color. Take care of it! =)
brian_freep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
blue-sun
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2017 Jetta GLI
Tornado Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
Nice!

Glad to see you are still around. Wish you lived closer to me so you could detail mine
Thanks! I'm retired from detailing jobs, but I did fall into it because I love a clean car and enjoy the process. This is my 2nd time doing Ceramic Coatings and it's getting easier to do. I haven't done it to my car, since I have some dents that I need to have removed before I coat it, at least according to the guy I spoke to last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_freep View Post
That's actually quite sexxy. The wife had a 2016 Ford Escape that was in an accident and totaled. We had looked at the Edge's but at the time, this one hadn't been released yet, otherwise, I would have jumped on it.

We were also looking to upgrade to a 3rd row for family expansion....in any case, we went with the Chevy Traverse RS - with the 2.0Turbo. She has more HP than my '18 STI, but I have more torque (and less weight). The kids still enjoy brapping with daddy. =)

Sexxy Edge and beautiful color. Take care of it! =)
Nice! She initially wanted an Explorer with the 3rd row, but she felt it was too big and I wasn't keen on such a big car for her. She had an 08 Edge before and liked it until the trans started acting up at 100k.