Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 21, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #1
Azjon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28284
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Metallic Silver

Default Help on UTEC and Boost Controller

I'm buying a UTEC from a friend and he's giving me the Standard Boost Controller along with the map switch. I already bought a Dual Stage Boost Controller from TurboXS and I know how that switches the boost on the turbo because it has two manual controllers on it. He's giving me the Standard, which is a single manual boost controller, and he told me I should just go sell my dual stage because with the map switch the UTEC could change the boost on its own. The thing I need help on is that I dont see how it does that with just a single manual boost controller on it. Could someone please explain this plz? I hope this wasn't confusing.
Azjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
InfamousDX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 25413
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

I'm a noobie to UTEC but it can adjust your boost levels per RPM so you have full control over boost.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
mbiker97
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 CTS-V b/b/b
99 GMC Highrider

The boost controller that comes with the Utec is used in conjunction with the factory boost controller (FBC). It simply bleeds a little air from the system so that the FBC can produce more boost.

Your friend was a little deceiving/confusing (not in a mean way though). You can only have 1 boost setting per map. Mean like map 1 run 16 psi max with 13 psi at redline. Then map 2 could run 17 psi max with 15 psi at redline. It doesn't work the same way as your DSBC does. You can switch maps on the fly (with the remote map selector), but the car needs to be below 1500(ish) rpm before the map will switch. Therefore you can run a daily driver map and then also a racing map.

I would suggest reading the Utec owners manual, and this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=466979

The Utec gives you lots of tuning capabilities, but that also means you can blow your car up if your not careful.
mbiker97 is offline   Reply With Quote