Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
bcrawl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308577
Default Help with purchase of Wipers and Headlights for 2012 WRX

I have a 2012 4 Door WRX Premium ( I think, I have leather seats and no navigation unit.)

I need to replace wipers and headlights.

Can someone suggest me some links for both which are compatible?

For Wipers, I went to an autoparts store and they gave me wrong wipers.

For headlights, I am not sure if I need to look into HID lights.

I am looking to purchase online but I am not sure which ones are compatible / good.

Any help with links is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
bcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
Loyale93
Newbie Moderator

Member#: 91347
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 Tacoma Crew Cab
2012 Triumph 1050

Go to your manual... Check what bulbs you need.
Go to the handbook hanging by the lightbulbs in the autoparts store. Find your vehicle. Buy what it tells you.

Go to your manual... Check what size wipers you need.
Go to the handbook hanging by the wipers in the autoparts store. Find your vehicle. Buy what it tells you.

As for "good", just buy a name brand:
Bosch
Rain-X
Etc.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+wipers
Loyale93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
bcrawl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 308577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyale93 View Post
Go to the handbook hanging by the lightbulbs in the autoparts store. Find your vehicle. Buy what it tells you.

Go to the handbook hanging by the wipers in the autoparts store. Find your vehicle. Buy what it tells you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+wipers
You could have just said refer to manual along with the let me google for you link. Would have conveyed your point just fine.

The other above statements regarding "handbook hanging by the lightbulb section / wiper section" isnt really anything but you being extra sarcastic for no reason. I posted this question in the newbies forum for a reason.

Also, There arent any "handbooks" in the stores. The customer service rep searched their database on the computer and gave me their part. Which as I mentioned, in case of wipers, wasnt correct.

Thanks for your help anyways
bcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Gallo2011
Scooby Guru

Member#: 268310
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 SSM STI saloon
Church!

Deep breath, OP. You're gonna make it through this.

The wipers should be 16" and 24". I just purchased Bosch Icon wipers in those lengths and they work beautifully. If your autoparts store can't figure out the correct size, it's time to shop at another autoparts store. It's not rocket science and the correct sizes have been known and available for 7 years. 8 in my case.

For the headlights, a quick search with...you guessed it...the Google...will provide the correct part number. If you still can't find it, call a Subaru dealership and ask to speak to the parts department.
Gallo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #5
Charlie-III
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 30669
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy 2.5GT
Silver Sleeper BK, 5MT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrawl View Post
You could have just said refer to manual along with the let me google for you link. Would have conveyed your point just fine.

The other above statements regarding "handbook hanging by the lightbulb section / wiper section" isnt really anything but you being extra sarcastic for no reason. I posted this question in the newbies forum for a reason.

Also, There arent any "handbooks" in the stores. The customer service rep searched their database on the computer and gave me their part. Which as I mentioned, in case of wipers, wasnt correct.

Thanks for your help anyways
Frankly, Loyale93 stated similar to what I would have posted, guess that means I am sorta useless.

Most auto parts places I deal with have racks of bulbs and wipers. Both have a cross reference guide book right by them.
I look up my vehicle (could be mine, maybe neighbor, may even be a customer....), get numbers, buy parts.
Done.

For some years/models, there are options....maybe the parts person assumed, thus you got the wrong part.
Sometimes the database for the part is incorrect (good example....1998 Legacy GT, 2.5L, NA is the EXACT same engine as a 1998 Impreza RS......ask for NGK copper plugs for the Legacy GT......none.......ask for the RS, oh yea, we got those.....).

So yes, newbie section, but just stating some facts so you can learn....

Oh, have a nice day.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Gally316
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494541

Just go to rockauto.com easy to navigate and find parts for any specific vehicle
Gally316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
oichan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492327
Vehicle:
2019 WRX / 16 STI
2017 Golf-R, etc

I would get OEM for both.
oichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #8
Backroad Rex
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 414188
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Silver

FWIW I just replaced my OEM wipers with RainX. In winter they're almost useless as without the frame they skip over snow and slush. Going back to OEM with frame, and will try RainX in Summer.
Backroad Rex is offline   Reply With Quote